PNG Europe Board
 Back to PNGScape Komuniti  

hey curious

August 18 2007 at 5:15 PM
No score for this post
wanpis 

Response to PNG people allowed to work in England?

hi
im from png and i live and work in the uk on this special tourist/working visa. its valid for 24 months,however you are restricted to 12months of work.the visa is called a "Holiday Maker Visa", its obviously easier to obtain than other visas. there are few criterias such as
Age (i think u have to be under 35), you have to at least prove that you can support yourself while here in the Uk for the first month, you must show that you will eventually travel and visit the UK, not just work..etc.. i think there are some more criterias. I think its such a great opportunity for PNGeans. it took me a day to 2 days to get it.
great thing is you dont have to have a potential employer in order to obtain ths visa... to be honest i think everyone makes it look difficult, just save enough to get here, if u dont know anyone, stay at a youth hostel (very cheap), once ure here, go to websites such as gumtree.com or caterer.com and start looking, as a matter of fact start looking while ure in PNG. Take the risk, its fun, and you'll love it! hope this helps and encourages you .
take care
wanpis
PS. by the way if you work hard, maybe your employer can even sponsor you after your ! yr of work!!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses