So it goes on, day after day, Each contributor with something to say. They leave their mark and are gone And so it goes on. (Tennyson) Kinky schoolteachers (Dirk Bogarde)

Return to Index  

That obesity problem!

June 15 2012 at 12:11 AM

Another_Lurker 

Response to Cane Size

Hi American Way,

You said above:

With the epidemic of childhood obesity should a double standard be applied to the size of the cane when applied to the bottom?

I am reminded of the superb photo fake composition by my greatly esteemed (and currently sadly missed) fellow contributor JformerlyJethro which is to be found in this post. Indeed, he makes the same point as yourself regarding youthful obesity! happy.gif

BTW, the picture has now been there for over 2½ years. It is doing nobody any harm. So please, I beseech you, no requests to the Forum Management that it be removed on the grounds that it might outrage some hypothetical future visitor here.

You ask with regard to canes:

Do you really need a girl size cane and a boy size one?

How big is a boy? How big is a girl? My own opinion, as quoted by JformerlyJethro at the beginning of the above linked post, is that while in the past it was often customary to have a heavier and longer cane for senior boys than for girls and juniors, this would not be justifiable in a caning regime in the modern world. However, possibly some cane sizing by age might be appropriate.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement