So it goes on, day after day, Each contributor with something to say. They leave their mark and are gone And so it goes on. (Tennyson) Kinky schoolteachers (Dirk Bogarde)

Return to Index  

Re: Cane Size

November 18 2016 at 1:05 AM

Another_Lurker 

Response to Cane Size

Contributions have gone a little quiet. In addition I'm annoyed because nobody has responded to my November 17 2016, 1:18 AM query in  this thread . happy.gif

What's needed is I think a post which will outrage and annoy everybody and hopefully generate some traffic. So here goes! happy.gif

Lisa said above:

I wasn't aware until I started to contribute to this forum that there were different sizes of school canes.

Much may be learnt from this Forum, and not merely about the size of canes. However on the latter topic instructive videos were linked here some 4 years ago, initially by American Way, which afforded a glimpse into the many sizes and patterns of canes which can be manufactured from rattan, the material traditionally used for school canes.

The TV series 'American Horror Story, Series 2: Asylum' featured crazed Nun Sister Jude (played by Jessica Lange) who favoured corporal punishment in the form of caning for infractions by inmates and staff of the Insane Asylum she ruled with a rod of iron rattan. The two videos afford glimpses into Sister Jude's cane cupboard, where rattan canes of diverse (and terrifying) size and style can be seen.

Warning: Note that Sister Jude favoured caning on the bare! In addition if played from the beginning rather than from the start points linked here the videos have violent scenes with sexual content which may offend some people.

Video One  and  Video Two 

For the TV series suitably customised versions of so-called 'Singapore punishment canes and other canes produced by a Florida, US, cane maker catering to the adult fetish and BDSM market were used. The canes are all made from Malaysian rattan.

Warning: The page linked, and the other pages of the cane maker's site, contain some pictures involving partial nudity.

The page dealing with the canes supplied for 'American Horror Story' is  here 

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement