So it goes on, day after day, Each contributor with something to say. They leave their mark and are gone And so it goes on. (Tennyson) Kinky schoolteachers (Dirk Bogarde)

Return to Index  

Re: Cane Size

November 18 2016 at 3:36 PM
hcj 

Response to Cane Size

Hello A_L,

I didn't respond to your November 17th query simply because I had nothing to add. I couldn't see the pictures on my desktop machinery either. It remains a mystery.

Lisa is right to point out the failings to prevent sadistic staff working in some establishments. We have heard too much sickening detail in recent years. I hope those who "walked by on the other side" rather than sounding the alarm now recognise their failures.

Some of the accounts of what happened in the past are shocking, but we should remember that many, probably most, schools and institutions that used corporal punishment did so with justice and humanity - accepting that the medicine was sometimes unpleasant. At my schools, we did not like it, but recognised that it was fair. It was quickly over but, given that we are still talking about it today, it must have had an effect!

The BDSM canes shown in the link bear no relationship to the implements used in schools and some of the injuries shown are sickening. Yes, there were different sizes of canes used in schools, just as there were different grades of tawses, for the good reason that those on the receiving end were of different sizes and physiques, but few were brutal.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement