<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

sixth form spankings?

July 31 2004 at 6:03 PM
Harry 

Hi,

Ive noticed a lot of spanking films feature sixth form girls, However at the time when CP was most used the 60's and 70's weren't most sixth formers at a sixth form college rather than at a school?

If so sixth form collage's use CP? I assumed 17/18 year old girls were a little too old to be put over the headmasters knee for a spanking? so was the slipper or cane more likely?

I'm sorry if I seem a little unknowledgable but I only developed an interest in the subject a couple of years ago and have only just discovered that other people had a similar interest sice typing in 'spanking' on google. I'm not old enought to know anything about CP myself as I've only been out of school a few years.

thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lotta Nonsense

Re: sixth form spankings?

July 31 2004, 6:35 PM 

Only an extremely tiny percentage of 6th Formers ever received CP and only an extremely tiny percentage of CP recipients were girls.

On that basis, we can assume that the total number of 6th Form girls who received CP is either zero or close to zero.

The world of CP videos is one thing.

Reality is another.

Gillian

July 31 2004, 6:51 PM 

Welcome, Harry, to our Happy Circle. I agree with Lotta.

We know of two instances where sixth form girls were subjected to corporal punishment and you can read all about them at ‘1964 Helston Grammar School spankings’ and ‘1964’, currently on Pages 2 and 6 respectively.

KK

It did not happen - in my experience

July 31 2004, 8:07 PM 

In my part of the World teenage girls were not "spanked" at school. Education board bylaws specifically prohibited the practice and it would have been considered unthinkable by the vast majority. Any incidents would have very likely have come to public notice and caused outrage. No such thing happened This was at a time when boys and girls had very different destinies (1950's & 60's).

I am not at all sure that many were "spanked". A much more common term, for minor punishment of young children, was "smacked". This usually involved slapping the buttocks with the open hand. I suspect "spanked" is more an American term. It often seems to be a euphemism. School boys were strapped or caned. It would have been considered demeaning to have described a teenage boy's strapping or caning as a "spanking" except perhaps for jocular effect.

Lotta Nonsense

July 31 2004, 8:14 PM 

The Helston case is indeed one in which 6th Form girls were subjected to CP. It is also (like most M/f school CP events) a classic example of sexual abuse under the guise of CP.

No pun is intended above but the headmaster was in fact a Mr Guise!

My blood is heated almost to boiling point by the idea that the disgusting old perv treated the girls in the way he did but it's heated way past boiling point by the idea that neither society nor the law saw his behaviour as a sexual offence.

In a world where schoolteachers were perfect, I would happily support the reintroduction of CP to British schools.

In any real world, however, I would (equally happily) shoot anybody who attempted to take us back to the days when men like Mr Guise were allowed to prey upon our children.

Nero

July 31 2004, 8:31 PM 

I agree, of course, with the general points made by Lotta and Gillian about the rarity of cp ever being used particularly on older girls. However, there is a discussion of the Helston case in the most recent issue of "Rawhide," which plausibly quotes another girl from the school as saying these kinds of punishment were fairly common at this school, and the only difference with this particular case was that it hit the headlines. Forty years is a long time, and what would be unthinkable today was not viewed by society in the same way in 1964. The fact that the headmaster and his assistant were only fined £50 and £30 respectively for an excess of zeal, rather than being locked up as they would be today, suggests in itself how much attitudes have changed. I am not, of course, suggesting this kind of thing was common even in 1964, merely that a minority of schools clearly did still exercise their right to practice it.

Geoff

cp of 6th formers

July 31 2004, 11:00 PM 

It was very rare at my school but in my 6th form year (1973) 3 of my classmates got it for smoking in the school grounds. Rather hypocritcally the administrator of it smoked himself. I could never understand that - if smoking was a no-no why did the ban not apply to teachers also?

Harry

Re: cp of 6th formers

August 1 2004, 12:55 AM 

Ok I get that it was unusual and probably only to younger girls, but in the few times it happened were smackings always over the headmasters knee? or could they be over te desk?

Also were the smacks counted like strokes of the cane or would a smacking be just untill the headmaster thought the girls bottom was pink enough?

Also would the knickers be pulled down and if so would'nt that mean that the girls virgina would be visable to the headmaster during the smacking?

Lotta Nonsense

Re: cp of 6th formers

August 1 2004, 8:24 AM 

My eye is immediately taken by an interesting spelling mistake that reminds me of a similar error in another posting.

Perhaps that earlier posting might be found and its content and authorship compared with these two missives from Harry?

Murray E

re: sixth form spankings?

August 2 2004, 1:32 AM 

Producers of spanking videos will encounter problems if they use models under 18. Methinks it's highly unlikely any schoolgirls that age would have received corporal punishment. For girls up to 15 or 16 I can believe a cane or equivalent across the knickers from a woman staff member but that's all.

PJ

Re: re: sixth form spankings?

August 2 2004, 4:41 PM 

Yes Harry, the headmaster may be able to see everything if the girl was at the right angle, also some girls have bigger bums than others so what could be seen would differ from girl to girl.

schoolgirl spanking were rare but certanly not unheard of, Colin West amongst many others was responsable for a many a schoolgirl's tanned bottom. West like may ex headmasters actually ended up facing criminal charges for spanking girl pupils bare bottoms.

As well as the five or six incidents that resulted in legal action, there must be many headmasters who have never had to face up to the reign of terror they held over their pupils both boys and girls, maybe there will be many more incident come to light in the futre which will keep this forum disputing their reliability for many years to come.

I hope so anyway!

Anonymouse

Sixth Formers

August 2 2004, 6:16 PM 

"My eye is immediately taken by an interesting spelling mistake that reminds me of a similar error in another posting."

Surely..

"My eye is immediately taken TO an interesting spelling mistake that reminds me of a similar error in another posting."

Or, once again, is it context?

PJ

August 2 2004, 7:18 PM 

Also Harry, check out the gymslip caning shocker article on www.corpun.com which desribes how lots of schoolgirls in London were getting their bums caned by strict headmasters in the 70's.

The slipper and strapp were certanly used on schoolgirls at most schools in the UK including the small collection of schools I attended during my time as a school boy.

It's amazing but there were very few rules regarding the punishment of girls at school, unlike who had a whole list of do's and dont's. (I guess it was a oversight as most people didn't think girls would get into much trouble) Anyway in general headmasters would be told just to discipline girls as a caring and reasable parent would, and in many cases that meant a jolly good spanking.

Hope this helps!

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Sixth Formers

August 2 2004, 7:59 PM 

'Taken by' is correct.

'Taken to' makes sense but is different in meaning and is less elegant.

Lotta Nonsense

August 2 2004, 8:05 PM 

"The slipper and strap were certainly used on schoolgirls at most schools in the UK".

Yes, just as birching was commonplace in Eire convent schools in the 1970s.

Absolute and utter gonads!

The BIG B

Canings and punishment of girls

August 2 2004, 9:03 PM 

Lotta,

Look up Riddings Comprehensive School, now known as South Leys school. The punishment book might be a matter of public record. Look between 1970 and 1975 and you will see that girls up to 16 were indeed caned and slippered, namely by a Miss Williams I think. And never by a male.

Boys were slippered on the bottom by the PE teacher, a Mr Williams and Mr Hubbard (geography) and caned across the hands by the deputy head, another Mister Williams(English). Other teachers known to own a cane were a Mr Brattan (Woodwork) and a Mr Attenborough (Geography).

As far as I know, in that particular era, punishments had to be recorded and made available to school inspectors. It is a long time ago, and the book may have been lost or destroyed, but it certainly existed.

If the punishment book is not available, then you have only my word for it, and respectfully request of you that you take my word as truth. My own wife can verify that it happened, along with other people I know.

Big B

Lotta Nonsense

Re: Canings and punishment of girls

August 2 2004, 10:43 PM 

Big B,

You may well be correct in every detail but Riddings School doesn't constitute more than 50% of the schools in the UK.

Adam

the 'smacked bottom'

August 3 2004, 2:25 AM 

The use of the smacked bottom in schools and at home is very interesting; the idea of a boy getting a smacked bum at school or home beyond about nine is almost comical. This is because boys are then seen as being too hardy to be properly punished that way, and the beyond that age the idea of a boy being put over his dad or headmaster's knee and getting his bare backside spanked would be seen as effeminate by his schoolmates etc. suggesting that the smacked bottom is fundamentally a girls punishment.

Boys in general are disciplinarily promoted to getting punished bending over a table desk etc. and with an implement e.g. a cane belt or slipper.

This is backed up if I look back on my home and school discipline experience.

At home my brother or me got the belt beyond about eight or nine but my dad smacked my sisters bottom up to the age of about 15. At primary school boys got the slipper or strap beyond about seven but I remember one girl coming out of the heads office in tears after getting a smacked bottom and she must have been at least ten or eleven as it was the last year at the school. Then in secondary school the smacked bottom was relaced by the slipper for girls and the cane for boys.

Can anyone give a good explanation to why the 'smacked bottom' is such a girly punishment and why boys tend to cringe at the very mention of smacking or spanking.

PJ

Re: the 'smacked bottom'

August 3 2004, 9:09 PM 

Adams question about why the 'smacked bottom' is such a girly punishement could Perhapse Harry's comment that the headmaster would be able to see the girls vagina. (well he said 'virgina' which could mean both that the head would be able to see the girls vagina and that he may be able to tell if she was a virgin?) This sexual element could perhapse be why the 'smacked bottom' is such a girly punishement.

The added humiliation of a man seeing a girls most intimate parts as well as being punished physicaly and in an etreamly juvinile way, would have made the 'smacked bottom' a most effective punishement and must have acted as a great deterent to all but the naughtiest of schoolgirls.

Although of course M/F spankings would have been extreamly uncommon beyond primary school.

Any thoughts?

PJ

Lotta Nonsense

Re: the 'smacked bottom'

August 3 2004, 10:57 PM 

M/f 'over the knee' spankings were indeed extremely uncommon beyond primary school.

They were also extremely uncommon at primary school.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement