It’s not unusual for kids to hear,
“Your daddy’s queer.”

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Goggle Box

Re: Your TV Tonight

November 9 2005, 1:48 PM 

9 November BBC1 20.00

Two weeks ago the thin alcoholic one showed us her red cheeks. Will the other one get her substantial tits out for the lads?

Goggle Box

December 18 2005, 7:09 PM 

18 December ITV1 21.00

Edward Prince of Wales, heir to the British throne, is forced to choose between his kinky doings with an American divorcee and his royal birthright.

Goggle Box

December 31 2005, 8:56 AM 

This might be one for George:

31 December BBC2 15.05

although the shot of the boy’s bare caned bottom is sometimes edited out.

Goggle Box

March 20 2006, 2:43 PM 

20 March ITV1 20.00

The word on the street is that Sion Jenkins is slipper-mad.

Lombard & Wallis Ltd.

Siôn Jenkins

March 20 2006, 5:53 PM 

“But doesn’t every family have a naughty stick?” So said the then 12-year-old Annie Jenkins, daughter of Siôn and Lois Jenkins, when questioned by the Hastings police over her father’s disciplinary methods.

Goggle Box

Re: Siôn Jenkins

March 20 2006, 8:56 PM 

Sion Jenkins claimed that he did not hit his children, but in a statement made after the programme was recorded, his two youngest daughters said,

“The comments our father made where he denied using corporal punishment against us are not true.”

Goggle Box

Vaseline and Romping

May 14 2007, 6:16 PM 

Robert Baden-Powell has provided loads of amusement on this Forum previously, and many fun-loving fun-lovers will enjoy:

Monday 14 May 19.00 BBC4

The ‘Radio Times’ has it thus:

A romp (sic) through the history of the scouting movement.

On the same channel at 21.00 today:

‘Ian Hislop’s Scouting for Boys’.

Goggle Box

How to Look Good Naked

May 22 2007, 10:00 AM 

There are a few, a very few, knicker-fetishists who are drawn to this forum and they will certainly want to tune in to this series which is being shown on Channel 4 on Tuesdays at 20.00.

The presenter, an Oriental, self-styled stylist of an alternative persuasion, with an extraordinarily shaped head, sets out to prove that he can turn some wretched woman who is ashamed of her body into a catwalk queen without the aid of surgery.

Early on in each programme he brings on a line of women, dressed only in bras and knickers, and asks the woman he is going to transform (henceforth known as ‘Vicky’) to estimate her place in the line in terms of grossness. She is always amazed to find that she is not quite the rhinoceros that she thought.

He then gets Vicky to strip to her bra and knickers in a fully-mirrored room. She tells the presenter which parts of her body she doesn’t like (it’s often all of them) and this usually reduces her to tears, giving him a chance for a quick grope. But that’s ok isn’t it? After all, he is gay, so there can be no suggestion of sexual assault.

Continuing to pander to the knicker-fetishists he is then shown rummaging through the poor woman’s underwear drawer, and cuts up the knickers of which he disapproves.

Throughout the programme, there is much poking, probing and rubbing. Vicky’s breasts are referred to as “hooters” or “bangers”, and by the end she is magically transformed and resembles a losing contestant in a glamorous grandmother competition. She waddles down a catwalk and lives happily ever after.

This is one of the most tasteless series ever shown on Channel 4 and whilst our decent, home-loving, family-orientated readers will avoid it, the knicker-fetishists with the aid of DVD recorders will be kept happy for years to come.

The name of the presenter is Gok Wan. This is surely a misprint. The letter k in his first name should be moved to the end of his second.

This message has been edited by larry1951 on Jul 6, 2007 6:59 AM

Goggle Box

The Land of Lost Content

May 27 2007, 8:30 AM 

Tuesday 29 May BBC2 21.00

Part 2 of ‘Andrew Marr’s History of Modern Britain’ features our Honorary Life Member, Christine Keeler.

Goggle Box

Dear, Dear Johnny

July 3 2007, 7:54 PM 

Lovers of M/m will surely be rising early to see 'Tales of the Unexpected: Galloping Foxley' which is to be shown on ITV3 on Thursday 5 July at 06.00.

skoolcane

Galloping Foxley

July 4 2007, 1:57 AM 

Well done GB for the tip off - i do remember this one well - will set the video.

SC

Picture clips are here
http://www.archivist.f2s.com/cpa/tv-fiilm/foxley.htm

Falling Star

Your TV Tonight

July 4 2007, 8:36 PM 

ITV 3? 0600? Well if you had decided to watch instead of setting the video, you might have been the only viewer!

What a bizarre time to broadcast a programme like this.

pete b

Galloping foxley

July 6 2007, 1:36 AM 

Wow what a nostalgic gem, I dont know if I ever saw this one when i was young. I set the DVD recorder as I was in snoozeland !!. The lad bending over so realisticly portrayed.
Thanks for advising us of its showing.

skoolcane

July 6 2007, 6:46 AM 

It was first shown in 1980.

As you say Gogglebox does a great service in the tip off dept.

SC

Goggle Box

The Seventh Veil

August 1 2007, 10:55 AM 

BBC2 Saturday 4 August Midnight

In which thirty-six-year-old Ann Todd playing the part of a fourteen-year-old schoolgirl begs not to be caned on the hand, but to no avail.

skoolcane

Thanks

August 3 2007, 6:56 PM 

Thanks GB - as always you are on the ball.
It is appreciated
SC

Goggle Box

The Children's Hour

September 18 2007, 6:44 PM 

This is being shown again on Channel 4. It’s at 13.30 on Wednesday 26 September. Voyeurs will be disappointed that no lesbianating between Audrey Hepburn and Shirley MacLaine happens, but those thousands of one-smack lovers are in for a treat.

Jason

Galloping Foxley

September 23 2007, 3:15 AM 

It's Roald Dahl weekend on ITV3, and Galloping Foxley gets another outing late Sunday night / early hours of Monday morning. Can't be precise about the time, as my usual listings magazine and the online digiguide differ.

Goggle Box

Fanny Hill

October 16 2007, 11:09 AM 

BBC4 Mondays starting from 22 October 21.00

The word on the street is that the flagellation scene will be stirring.

Goggle Box

Fladge for the Festive Season

December 23 2007, 9:09 AM 

Monday 31 December Channel 5 16.20
‘Oliver!’ - a must for those one-smack fans.

Tuesday 1 January BBC 2 14.25
‘McLintock!’ - rip-roarin’, feudin’-an’-fightin’ Western containing two overrated spanking scenes.

Goggle Box

If...

January 6 2008, 1:39 PM 

Sunday 6 January Film4 23.10

Only for those with an interest in M/m

Goggle Box

Quills

March 22 2008, 11:07 AM 

Monday 24 March Film4 23.05

A few of the scenes in this film are too brutal for me to watch, being of a sensitive disposition, but they may appeal to some of our readers, particularly those who have joined us via Yahoo Answers.

Goggle Box

A Girl's Guide to...

April 15 2008, 4:19 PM 

I know there are a few, a very few, fetishists that dribble over this forum and they may wish to watch Channel 5 on Thursday April 24 at 23.00.

Yetanotheranotherlurker

April 24 2008, 10:06 PM 

Not long now:

A Girl's Guide to 21st Century Sex
Thursday 24 April
11:00pm - 11:45pm
Five
6/8
Dr Catherine Hood continues her frank journey into the world of sex. Here she takes a look at the taboo of intercourse with multiple partners, explores the art of spanking as erotic foreplay, and examines a rare and devastating skin condition called lichen sclerosis, which can make penetrative sex impossible.

Goggle Box

Filth

May 20 2008, 12:05 PM 

Wednesday 28 May BBC2 21.00

Julie Walters stars as sex-obsessed, mad-staring-eyed Mary Whitehouse, an unhappy woman, hell-bent upon cleaning up British television.

Published in next week’s ‘Radio Times’ is an article by E. Jane Dickson (who, herself, has an interest in corporal punishment) in which Julie Walters, speaking of her own schooldays, is quoted thus:

“And we had these bloody awful elocution lessons. I remember being stood out front one particular day and being told over and over again to say ‘bawth’ rather than ‘bath’, and I wouldn’t say it, because it felt to me like a betrayal of my father who had a Birmingham accent. I got a slap with the ruler every time. I remember thinking I couldn’t tell my parents what was going on at school, because they wouldn’t be able to deal with the power of the nuns. I felt I had to protect my parents from that. So it was a complicated childhood.”

Goggle Box

The Great British Body

June 1 2008, 6:30 PM 

Knicker and bum fetishists will surely be tuning into ITV1 at 21.00 on June 2, 3 and 4. To keep the others happy, in the final programme the presenters, the one who looks like an anorexic transvestite and the fat one, indulge in a bush-rubbing embrace on the Sussex Downs.

Goggle Box

Comics Britannia

July 19 2008, 9:20 AM 

Saturday 19 July BBC2 21.30

This programme looks at such as the ‘Beano’ and ‘Dandy’ in the days when they included pictures of girls being slippered on their knickers.

Goggle Box

Bums

August 6 2008, 6:57 PM 

Tonight ITV1 21.00

The anorexic tranny Trinny and her fat friend are doing a programme on a subject which might possibly be of interest to a few of our readers.

Goggle Box

Naughty Stick Wielder

August 15 2008, 6:08 PM 

Tonight Channel4 19.35

The Murder of Billie-Jo: Sion Jenkin’s Story

Goggle Box

Wrong Kind of Cuts on the Line

October 2 2008, 5:42 PM 

I am told that many people who have an interest in corporal punishment also have an interest in railways. (See also ‘Pouting on Trains to Worthing’, currently on Page 22).

Tonight at 21.00 BBC4 is showing a programme about the Beeching Report entitled ‘Ian Hislop Goes off the Rails’.

TV viewer

October 9 2008, 5:34 PM 

The World's Strictest Parents
Thursday 09 October
9:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC3
4/6 - India
Ten unruly British teenagers are sent to live with strict families in five different countries in an experiment to find out the right way to bring up a child. Josh from Tamworth and Charlotte from Bristol experience life in India for a week as guests of the Sharma family. The Sharmas are a strict middle class Hindu family and dad Sanjeev rules his kids with a rod of iron. By the end of the week, Sanjeev breaks through Charlotte's barriers and Josh comes to realise how privileged he is.

Goggle Box

For Readers in Sussex

January 25 2009, 11:24 AM 

Monday 26 January ITV1 20.00

A documentary about Ed Mitchell the former ITN newsreader who last year was sleeping rough on Hove seafront.

Goggle Box

Margaret

February 17 2009, 10:05 AM 

Thursday 26 February BBC2 21.00

Those who attended St. John's & St. Clement's School, S.E.22, may wish to see a fellow former pupil acting his heart out.

Goggle Box

Question Time

June 1 2009, 7:30 PM 

Thursday 4 June BBC1 22.35

On the panel are spanking-mad Fiona 'Saucepan Face' Phillips and fornicating Paddy Pantsdown.

Declan

Re:Your TV Tonight

June 3 2009, 6:42 AM 

Thanks for the alert about Fiona Phillips. Why do you call her Saucepan Face?

I have mentioned on another thread that I have an internet friend who is a schoolteacher from Aberdeen. We got together following a programme of Fiona's about parents with dementia, of which we both have experience of. However we do talk of other matters and I have tried to get some more information from her on the subject of corporal punishment in Scottish schools.No luck I'm afraid to say, but we are still in touch so I might have another go. Her main interest seems to be TV soaps.

On looking up Fiona Phillips further, she is subject to the most vile abuse on another forum. Someting like 10,000 messages all of which seem to be against her, and I don't really understand why.

I am aware of Fiona's spanking history.

Goggle Box

Wimbledon

June 29 2009, 8:29 PM 

BBC1 most of the day; BBC2 some of the day; all last week, all this week.

Who now remembers those BBC Television commentators of yesteryear?

On an outside court there was Peter West drooling over the gorgeous Peaches Bartkowicz, a player long past her best who loitered around the base-line. "Oh, well played, Peaches!", Peter would exclaim whenever she managed to get the ball over the net.

Commentating on the Centre Court matches was Dan "Oo, I say" Maskell. In between games former Wimbledon Singles Champion Jack Kramer would give us his lightening analysis of why there were so many unforced 'errs' and then divulge precisely what was in the minds of the players.

"Well Dan, Rodney's thinking now that if he can break serve then it's the beginning of the end for Johnny." Jack even had his own names for the players. To everyone else these two were Rod Laver and John Newcombe.

As is the American Way, Jack saw the match from the point of view of his fellow citizens. He had a particular liking for Clark Grabner. As Grabner was preparing to return serve, Jack announced, with what sounded like a bingo call, "One, four - Clark's behind!"

Declan

June 30 2009, 9:04 AM 

I am a big tennis fan, and not just during Wimbledon. I used to live just 10 minutes walk from Wimbledon in the 80s and went every other day after work.

I once lent Andrea Jaeger my umbrella during a thunderstorm and never got it back, so if I do see her again it will be a lively session with the old McCrostie young lady, though I understand you are now a nun.

I was interested in the reference to Peaches Bartkovicz, I cannot find a picture of her but I always thought she was a grotesquely fat girl, and had a sister called Apples, with whom she played doubles. The Monty Python team made fun of her claiming she was an Australian ( she was American) philosopher called Doctor Peaches Bartkowicz.

And I do remember Dan Maskell and Jack Kramer, Jack's catch phrase was " We got Noooooooo tennis balls Dan, Noooooo tennis balls" and Dan always referred to Sue Barker as the Devon girl, as in " tremendous forehand volley from the Devon girl"

Another_Lurker

June 30 2009, 8:49 PM 

Hi Declan, you say:

I was interested in the reference to Peaches Bartkowicz, I cannot find a picture of her

Sadly I can't do better than these group photographs, but in each case there is a key to identify those present:

Photo One and Photo Two and This Web Page.

Unfortunately she is hiding behind Eva Lundquist in the second photograph, but if you use the 'Zoom' button you can see that she looks astonishingly like the Peaches Bartkowicz in the first photograph! The web page has several photos of her, just search it for 'Bartkowicz'. The best picture of the lot is probably this one from the above web page:

Forest Hills, 1970. Jane 'Peaches' Bartkowicz is the tall girl, 5th from the left.
Forest Hills 1970
Jane 'Peaches' Bartkowicz is the tall girl, 5th from the left.

I have reduced the display size of the picture to avoid blowing the page width, but if you save it then view it with your own software you will see Ms Bartkowicz as per the original.

Steve M

June 30 2009, 9:22 PM 

A_L

Apart from noting that Chris Evert rarely wore a bra at Wimbledon, because of the firmness of her breast tissue, can I say that if The Wonder Stuff had been around in 1970 & not 1990, their hit single of the later year might have applied to Peaches as it seemed to apply to Kylie Minogue's sister, Dannii-----

SIZE OF A COW.

Any chance of a picture of Betty Ann Stuart c 1978? I think I can stand 2 lots of excitement in one night(see Alan T's Bacon posts!).

Steve M

American Way

June 30 2009, 11:19 PM 

Sorry no picture by FYI of Betty Ann Stuart. Sunday Mirror Story, June 10, 2001

Go Andy, Go Venus, Go Serena, Go the American Way.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20010610/ai_n14528799/

Another_Lurker

July 1 2009, 12:51 AM 

Hi Steve, I am sorry to say I have drawn a blank, so no picture of Betty Ann Stuart, with or without the 'Watch It' knickers. sad.gif

I am afraid the lady in question seems to appear under a multiplicity of names. Her given name rotates through Bettyann via Betty Ann to Betty-Ann while her surname ranges through Grubb to Grubb-Stuart-Dent. She also married a Mr Hansen, so there may well be references under Grubb-Stuart-Dent-Hansen. I've tried some of the many permutations, but I can't find any pictures.

She had a number of claims to fame, notably, besides the 'Watch It' knickers episode, she won a womens doubles final with a player who had played at the top level as both a man and a woman. She also played at Wimbledon under all four of her surnames.

This article says a little bit about the famous knickers, scroll about halfway down the first page.

Another_Lurker

The Importance of Logging In!

July 1 2009, 10:45 AM 

Hi American Way. I think the Management of this estimable Forum have drawn your attention to this before, and now I'm complaining as well! happy.gif As an Honorary Life Member it behoves you to set an example to others by observing little points such as logging in when you post! I appear to have duplicated your link re Betty Ann Stuart, but in fact when I posted it your post wasn't there! Because you didn't log in your post didn't appear until our dedicated and selfless Management Team came on duty first thing this morning and released it from the queue of overnight non-logged in posts.

At least, I presume that's what's happened. If there is some other explanation please accept my apologies.

Declan

July 2 2009, 6:45 AM 

A_L

Thanks for the picture of Ms Bartcowicz, I remember her as being plumper than that, though she was only 21 at the time of the photo, so she must have filled out a bit in later years.

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I saw one of my old teachers yesterday ( I see him quite regularly) and he told me that my old headmaster had died recently aged 90.He was known as Eric and was a ferocious man, a frequent user of the cane and much feared. One of his habits was to prowl the corridors and burst into lessons to pick on some unsuspecting boy and shake him violently.

The teacher also told me that my school are celebrating their 50th anniversary in September and all surviving teachers from 1959 are being invited. This will include two of the most regular slipperers , the PE teacher of binocular fame and a French teacher who also taught games who gave me the slipper once and made me say " Thank you sir".

Another_Lurker

July 2 2009, 9:36 AM 

Hi Declan. You say:

a French teacher who also taught games who gave me the slipper once and made me say " Thank you sir".

IMHO the sign of a true connoisseur of the flagellatory arts and a sadist to boot. But then we tend to find the later as a characteristic of male language teachers (and possibly female language teachers, though I have no experience in that area). Having absolutely no facility for languages whatsoever considerable mental cruelty and public humiliation was inflicted on me by successive Latin, French, German and Spanish masters. Indeed, I blame them for the fact that I have never ventured to parts of the world where the natives don't speak English - well, apart from Bulwell that is! happy.gif

Declan

July 2 2009, 10:20 AM 

The French/ Games teacher was an interesting character who, without doubt took a great interest in corporal punishment. Although not as prolific with the gym shoe as the PE teacher he clearly revelled in it when handing out slipperings. He seemed to like blonde good looking boys and they certainly took a disproportionate amount of his slipperings.Once, on a school trip, he put a blonde 13 year old boy over his knee and spanked him quite severely. I recall feeling rather uneasy about this.

He also threatened a girl with a "good spanking on your bottom", never carried out of course, but it proves his interest in the subject.

According to my source he is married to an Eastern European lady some 40 years his junior, and it wouldn't surprise me if she has taken a few spankings from him.

Ketta

July 2 2009, 2:17 PM 

Steve

Any chance of a picture of Betty Ann Stuart c 1978? I think I can stand 2 lots of excitement in one night(see Alan T's Bacon posts!).

[linked image] Betty Anne Stuart? maybe you could enlighten us Steve

The linked image below is subject to copyright so "WATCH IT"

A_L> Keep taking tablets i'm seriously worried all this exposure is no good for you.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/3262239/Hulton-Archive

Right knickers, right pose The player ???

The year is correct, but have a hunch despite the narrative this is not Chris Evert but Betty Anne Stuart , Tennis is not my forte, i'm no real fan, you'd have more idea whose derrière

Ketta

Steve M

July 2 2009, 2:36 PM 

KETTA

No idea who that is in that photo.

Betty Ann was a redhead(drool)with medium length hair.

Just one thing makes me think it IS Chris Evert in the link-That looks like her hairstyle-very thick ends to her hair.

I also remember Betty Ann had freckles most places, legs included.

Steve M

American Way

July 2 2009, 6:46 PM 

I think the Getty image, the one showing the knickers, is Betty Anne Stuart who is both broader in beam and more endowed with adipose tissue than Chrissie. Lets just say Betty Anne is built for the fiberglass cane and Chrissie for the wooden paddle. The girl sitting has a wooden racket, I dont know who she is, and the one with the knickers is not using a wooden but a fiberglass racket. When you sign a contract with Wilson youre not photographed with another racket so the one with the fiberglass one is definitely not Chrissie. Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors were the last of a breed when it came to wooden rackets. My favorite was a wooden Wilson, a Jack Kramer.

http://www.80s-tennis.com/pages/chris-evert.html

American Way

July 2 2009, 7:59 PM 

Another_Lurker

July 2 2009, 10:14 PM 

Hi Ketta, you say:

A_L Keep taking tablets i'm seriously worried all this exposure is no good for you.

Thank you Ketta, at least you have some consideration for an elderly lecher lurker! It's a good job I didn't look at this thread before trying to post that complicated stuff about displaying HTML for Alan Turing in the 'Computing Corner' thread or I'd never have got it done!

Congratulations on finding the pictures, I'm sad to say I failed miserably. I think I got too engrossed in trying to cover all combinations of the lady's various names.

I agree with you that the Hulton picture is Betty Anne Stuart despite the caption. I can't imagine that lady tennis professionals went around swapping knickers and I'm sure they'd have died rather than buy something another lady had already showcased. The 'Watch It' knickers were associated with Betty Ann Stuart. I have blown the picture up to giant size in my graphics package and the legend on the knickers is definitely 'Watch It'! happy.gif

Steve M

July 2 2009, 10:26 PM 

KETTA/AMERICAN_WAY

Yep, you're right.

On a second glance at that hair, there's NO trace of blonde in it & Chris Evert was a born one, like me.

Thanks for the partial turn-on-pity we don't have the front view-she was a doll!

Oh, and when I played footie in the 70's I was frequently complemented by watching ladies on having legs as good as John Lloyd, Chris Evert's ex-husband, or current one back then.

I did once score 10 goals for Keele University as a guest player in a 15-0 win v Lincoln Theological College, who clearly didn't get divine intervention that day!

And, on the other side of this completely irrelevant coin, I once played centre-half against Eastchurch Prison;they won 15-0, their centre-forward scored nine & looked familiar.

He was-Tommy Baldwin of Chelsea, doing 6 months for punching a copper when tired & emotional in celebrating Chelsea;s 1971 Cup-Winners Cup triumph.

Steve M

American Way

July 3 2009, 11:22 PM 

As far as search links and Betty Anne Stuart. I try to think what most people would Google, which in this case would be Wimbledon 1979 and then follow it by a specific name, which in this case Betty Anne Stuart. My condolences at Andy Murray's loss. The American Way three of the four finalists. I haven't found a better ssearch engine than Google.

Wimbledon 1979 Betty Ann Stuart and voila. That's how I found it at about the same time that Ketta posted.

American Way

July 4 2009, 9:19 PM 

Tennis Girl Fiona Butler Follow Up

http://www.pyramidinternational.com/tennisgirlcanvas

Another_Lurker

July 4 2009, 11:24 PM 

I personally think that it is disgusting that the young lady who modelled for the 'Tennis Girl' print has never been paid according to this link posted by American Way above. If I was her I'd be recalling if I signed a model release form and if I didn't I'd be in court for a share of the profits, past and future!

I also think that we should give this now somewhat battered thread back to Goggle Box and if anyone wants to post any more tennis items I'd humbly suggest that they start a new thread! happy.gif

Goggle Box

Midsomer Murders

July 14 2009, 6:36 PM 

Wednesday 22 July ITV1 20.00

Former pupils of St. John's and St.Clement's School in South London will be delighted to see that one of their number is appearing in a new episode of this series.

It would be unkind to reveal his name on this board as his classmates called him 'Fungus'.

Goggle Box

BBC4

October 7 2009, 6:00 PM 

Helena Bonham Carter will play spanking-mad author Enid Blyton in a drama to be shown next month.

Goggle Box

The Notorious Bettie Page

November 3 2009, 11:52 AM 

Only a very few corporal punishment fetishists visit this forum, but so they don't feel left out, here is something especially for them.

Sunday 8 November BBC2 23.10.

Goggle Box

Piers Morgan's Life Stories

March 29 2010, 11:03 AM 

Monday 29 March ITV3 21.00

Piers Moron: You've never had any plastic surgery?
Joan Collins: No, none.

Yeah, right!

American Way

March 29 2010, 12:34 PM 

Just curious. How many here watch American televison? Please be kind. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif I was shocked when I learned Dr Dominum watched Buff the Vampire. Dr Dominum will you find time for more TV?

Doctor Dominum

March 30 2010, 12:50 AM 

Just curious. How many here watch American televison? Please be kind. I was shocked when I learned Dr Dominum watched Buff the Vampire. Dr Dominum will you find time for more TV?

Yes, although I found it interesting that the day I finished teaching is the day my favourite television show was axed. (The Bill - although it has greatly deteriorated in recent years as they turned into a soap opera.)

Australian television shows a fair amount of American content, and British content too, for that matter. For example, if I look at our free to air TV channels for this evening I find between 7.00 and 10.30.

On the ABC (Australian government owned channel), we have:
News (Australian)
The 7.30 Report (Australian)
Foreign Correspondent (Australian)
Rivers with Griff Rhys (British)
Qi (Australian)
Artscale (Australian)

On Channel 7, we have:
Home and Away (Australian)
Eye of the Leopard (not sure)
Grey's Anatomy (American)
Private Practice (American)

On Channel 9, we have:
Two and a Half Men (American)
Top Gear (British)
Survivors (American)
20 to 1 (Australian)

On Channel 10, we have:
The 7pm Project (Australian)
The Biggest Loser (Australian)
Bondi Rescue (Australian)
NCIS (American)
NCIS: Los Angeles (American)

Do I watch American television? Yes. Current shows, NCIS, Law and Order (in its various forms), Warehouse 13. Older shows - M*A*S*H, The West Wing, Star Trek (in its various forms - original Trekker here), X-Files, Buffy, Hill Street Blues, Boston Public, Firefly - these are just what immediately come to mind, there's a lot more as well.

Hmm - looking over at my DVD shelf, I've come up with an idea. I shall post about it in a new thread momentarily.

American Way

April 11 2010, 1:59 AM 

Martin Elliot of Fiona Butler fame passed

Martin Elliot RIP 63 years old

Yetanotheranotherlurker

April 11 2010, 8:59 PM 

Dr D

Since when has QI been Australian???????

American Way

April 19 2010, 3:48 AM 

BBC day time soap opera Doctors has an episode that some here may find amusing playing very recently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00s1sc8/Doctors_Series_12_Twos_Company

I assume Tracey Childs may be an actress some may know from this estimable Forum. Synopsis, photos and download.

"Doctor has a lunch date with Susan, a very attractive 40-something woman played by Tracey Childs. She invites him back to her place to taste some expensive wine. When she gets him home, its obvious that she has other things on her mind. The next thing you know another equally attractive woman pops up! They make it clear that they want a threesome and Heston gets cold feet and makes for the door. Teasing him like a couple of schoolgirls they take his jacket upstairs to the bedroom. Once upstairs with Heston still demanding his jacket back, Susans husband comes home! Heston hides in the bathroom and hears the husband berating his wife saying she is up to old tricks then there is the unmistakable sound of a spanking being delivered! Heston charges out of the bathroom loo brush in hand to save the woman when he finds the husband half-dressed with his wife (not distressed) across his knee being spanked with the other woman watching!"

here here here here here here

Download Tracey Childs Been Spanked Doctors 16-04-10.mpg

American Way

Can't See Doctors Soap Opera USA

April 19 2010, 9:33 PM 

I'm shut out of the BBC video. Can give a url that works in the states?

Another_Lurker

Re: Can't See Doctors Soap Opera USA

April 19 2010, 11:28 PM 

Hi American Way. You are not very specific about what you are trying to do, but I presume you are trying to watch/download from the BBC iPlayer site.

It would of course be very naughty of you to do this, because as a US citizen you do not pay the outrageous annual tax demanded of those Brits who are foolish enough to want to watch TV. (Aside note: If anyone objects to the word foolish, sorry, but if everyone refused to pay and declined to watch TV it would rapidly become free, or at least very considerably cheaper, and the monolithic and money wasting BBC would be forced to become lean and efficient as benefits a 21st century media organisation! happy.gif)

What is happening is that the site detects you as being connected to a US ISP and therefore blocks you. To access the site you need to go via a UK VPN (Virtual Private Network) IP tunnelling service, which will make you look as though you are in the UK. I can't recommend one, but if you Google uk vpn tunnelling that should get you started. I think you will find that most of the good services require a small subscription.

hcj

April 20 2010, 12:03 AM 

Another Lurker wrote:(Aside note: If anyone objects to the word foolish, sorry, but if everyone refused to pay and declined to watch TV it would rapidly become free, or at least very considerably cheaper, and the monolithic and money wasting BBC would be forced to become lean and efficient as benefits a 21st century media organisation! )

In these pages, I believe you have claimed not to watch any television programmes. You may therefore be unaware that a rich variety of radio and television channels are available for less per day than I pay for one of my daily newspapers - or less than the cost of a bottle of milk. It could hardly become cheaper! Also, when I point out that you receive all BBC web services for the princely sum of 61 pence per month I think you are making an unreasonable judgment, especially considering that "The Times" now plans to charge one pound a day to view its online edition (or two pounds a week).

I will admit to being a chip off the monolith and not everything they do now is to my liking, but I feel the need to defend the organisation against an unfair attack.

American Way

April 20 2010, 12:05 AM 

I enjoyed the snippet on the download; that particular scene reminded me of a popular BBC program show: Faulty Towers. It's good clean fun without taking itself too seriously. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of role play. Without seeing in it context I really can't make that judgment.

As a footnote about TV here. The Screen Actor's Guild, President Reagan was head of before becoming Governor of California, s few years ago went on strike and down went prime time soap operas like Dallas, Dynasty and Knott's Landing, all quality shows with first rate stars and then to take their place so as to break the strike came inane game shows, two from the UK being: "Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Deal No Deal", Opinionated News Show, CNN 24 hour News as well as reality TV shows and all are the ruination of TV IMHO.

We do have some hospital and crime shows with has been actors and actors going nowhere with the possible exception of our newest inductee with the Courage to Submit: Gillian Jacobs situation commedy; "Community".

Another_Lurker

April 20 2010, 4:18 AM 

Hi hcj. Not proper to this thread, as indeed anything except announcements of forthcoming TV programmes is not proper to this thread (hint, hint - and not to you hcj happy.gif). With regard to your comments on my attack on the BBC, I think that attack was entirely fair. However the organisation I was last employed by wasn't loved by some people either, and I fully understand your sentiments in defending something you gave part of your life to, so a brief explanation of my position.

First, I don't 'claim' not to watch any TV programmes. I do not watch or record any broadcast TV programmes at my property, and have not done so for many years. Hence I do not need and do not buy a TV licence. This arose because, about to renew my licence, I happened to work out how much TV I'd watched in the previous year. It came to about 2 hours, and I decided that was poor value for over £100 and that I could live without it.

I do see TV at a house I visit regularly (almost daily in fact) where the TV is on most of the time and the occupant does buy a licence. My visits there have nothing to do with watching TV, but I perforce have to do this, unless I face the wall or wear a blindfold. What I tend to see between conversation is about an hour and a half of BBC news channel and BBC1 news and local news - unless they are frittering away news time at a Tiger Woods press conference or interviewing some entertainment nonentity at great length or similar, an increasingly frequent happening. This annoys the owner of the TV (and indeed me, but obviously I am not entitled to comment) and channels get switched to Sky News, CNN etc., until a channel still broadcasting news is found. Thus I see quite a lot of other news channels.

I used to regard the BBC as the jewel in the crown of British media. I don't any more. I'll fight to the death for Radio 4 and the World Service, and I'd like to see BBC1 survive. If I could pay just for those services I'd happily do so. As for the rest of the BBC, including the news channel, and especially the web site, if it eventually gets the bullet I shan't shed any tears. The web site in particular is an abomination. It unnecessarily duplicates material readily available elsewhere and threatens the existence of local newspapers. The ludicrous iPlayer service consumes so much of the already limited UK broadband bandwidth that all UK ISPs have complained about it, and we all pay more for our broadband and suffer an inferior service because of it.

Lastly, and the main factor in my change of attitude, the BBC employs and controls the TV Licensing Organisation, which is the most malignant, malicious and mendacious organisation in the UK. I have fought a battle with them for years, and, for the time being at least, I've won, but to do so I have had to be as unpleasant and aggressive as my opponents. I have a friend who doesn't watch TV either and his experience has been similar. The BBC is well aware of the nature of TV Licensing. There's more than enough in the press and on the web about it. They choose not to take any action, so in my eyes they're just as guilty.

Declan

April 20 2010, 6:04 AM 

A_L

Is there any way you could get the Doctors scene transferred to youtube for our US friends. Ther is a mention of it on the Spanking Facts and Research forum.

Sadly my mother has died, she had been very ill , so not unexpected, but I have to arrange a few things , so I will be off the forum for a while.

Another_Lurker

April 20 2010, 7:43 AM 

Declan, I'm very sorry indeed to hear of your Mother's death. It is never easy to deal with a loss like that even when it is anticipated and my thoughts are with you.

A_L

Jenny

Deepest Sympathy

April 20 2010, 2:34 PM 

Declan,

Sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you.

Jenny.

hcj

Condolences

April 20 2010, 4:29 PM 

Like other members of this small community, may I express my deepest sympathy. However much you prepare yourself for this moment, it is still a time of shock and sadness.

Alan Turing

To Declan

April 20 2010, 6:46 PM 

My sympathies. I'm sure the best gift you will have given your mother is that she will have been proud of you.

A. T.

American Way

April 20 2010, 8:43 PM 

To Declan: Sorry for your troubles.

American Way

April 20 2010, 10:04 PM 

Tracey Childs spanking scene is now on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUPx9yKT0rY

Declan

April 22 2010, 5:06 AM 

Thank you all for your kind messages.

My mother was 88 and had dementia for a few years, which had got increasingly worse over the last few months. Her funeral wiil be more a celebration of her life rather than a sad event , and it will be good to catch up with relatives and her friends.

pbmpbm

April 22 2010, 6:25 AM 

I cn't for the life of me remember the name of this BBC crime show. It was from the mid-90's In this scene awoman was lying on a bed. Her b/f who was a teacher in n elite boys school, was above her , school strap in hand. He would ask her a question from Shakespeare and when she got one wrong that was a penalty...she would get a stroke across her bottom. You saw her front on so you don't actually see the rest of her. Thought it was rather hot.
Stir a memory for anyone?
Pete

American Way

Speaking of Shakespeare

April 23 2010, 8:17 PM 

Alan Turing

Brush up your Shakespeare

April 23 2010, 8:24 PM 

I seem to recall that the Bard's dramatic "The Taming of the Shrew" had a reincarnation as a musical, under the name "Kiss me, Kate", with a famous spanking scene.

This was, I hasten to add, an American adaptation! happy.gif

American Way

To spank or not to spank that is the question?

April 23 2010, 11:16 PM 

From this scholarly essay the bard may have intended an authentic spanking. I believe the actress is an honor roll student as the Universoty of Wisconsin Oshkosh.

Taming of the Shrew Essay

This a scene from the Taming of the Shrew video and not its adaptation Kiss Me Kate.

She falls on lap in the spanking position and she is spanked

American Way

April 30 2010, 12:31 AM 

Followup Mr Spanky Bottom Shakespeare. How did an entry in a London Pervfest in 2000 make to British Got Talent. Does the Queen watch BGT one wag online asked? BGT television show. The first video is the 17 seconds audition is dicier. What a delightful way of learning iambic, trochaic and dactylic pentameter. wink.gif Are there viewers who post here? Any Comments.

British Got Bare Talent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPnp-UU_lSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbmCiWQqXqk

http://www.shaksper.net/archives/2000/1179.html

Xavier

Czech Film : Postriziny

May 19 2010, 6:06 PM 

[linked image]
URL:
http://spankingtube.com.ar/videos/2010/01/public-spanking/

Nearly thirty years after its theatrical release, Postriziny remains a reference in the field of spanking in the cinema. There was no better, I think it that this scene of a major emotional strength. The eroticism of the situation had not escaped the Czech director who had served in the charming presence of Magda Vasaryova to expand simply register a spanking administered to a young woman in a domestic discipline accepted by both partners. He wanted the public spanking that adds to the confusion of the situation but obviously not despair the young punished. Instead, she makes a gesture to get her own delicious underwear but her partner decided to stop the charges. The end of the stage, which is also the end of the film shows us two lovebirds lying on the tender grass for frolicking more intimate than the camera will film fortunately does not. Regardless, the only spanked us fills.

More Pictures here:http://freespanking.com.ar/czech-film-postriziny/

Research Assistant 2

RE: Czech Film : Postriziny

May 19 2010, 6:25 PM 

So when is it to be shown on television?

xavier

May 19 2010, 9:25 PM 

Here in my country the film can view in the ISAT Channel! happy.gif Regards

American Way

May 20 2010, 10:30 PM 

Are there any Hungarians out there that can tell us what is going on here? Are the girls confessing faults and asking to be punished? Have they been sent to the program by someone offended by what they said or did and have accepted the punishment of receiving a spanking in front of a national audience? Has anyone seen these videos before? They are mainstream and not fetish by Hungarian standards.

IMO they seem to be on the verge of crying after their spanking and somewhat reluctant to accept the consequence just before the punishment. It is as if they have accepted in theory but were having second thougts about submitting? Am I right about it being a punishment as opposed to a dare or a fetish wanting to be fulfilled on the girls part? Certainly the guys seem to be into a sadomasochist scene by their instruments of correction.

Hungarian Talk Show Corporal Punishment I

Hungarian Talk Show Corporal Punishment II

American Way

June 24 2010, 2:30 AM 

Tirol: The Golden Journey by Leslie Charteris had a rather vigorous spanking of Erica Rogers by Sir Roger Moore as The Saint. That story has roots that go back to 1934 Harpers Magazine and to the Saint in Europe in 1953. By the time the television program was aired in 1962 was too late to be in the age of innocence. I think these links may be of some interests to prof n and other readers of our Happy Circle.

http://dr-hermes.livejournal.com/567237.html

http://www.saint.org/tv/10-Journey.htm

www.gettyimages.com/detail/2667951/Hulton-Archive

http://www.acephotos.org/c10584177/erica-rogers-photo.html

http://extratorrent.com/torrent/1201773/THE+SAINT+10+The+Golden+Journey+retr%26bull%3Btv.html

American Way

HBO TV SUNDAY NIGHT

November 8 2010, 7:20 PM 

Legendary director's Elia Kazan, 27 year old daughter, Nina Kazan spanked in classroom on HBO television show Bored to Death.

CLICK

CLICK

American Way

Sartre: Hell is other people.

November 8 2010, 9:12 PM 

Sorry about that. Her name is Zoe Kazan. She is French bred. Ooo la la.

CLICK

CLICK

American Way

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

November 8 2010, 9:45 PM 

American Way

Joking of course

November 8 2010, 10:04 PM 

Paul Dano is joking, he means Zoe Kazan figuratively spanks him to keep him from thinking too much of himself.

American Way

Kurt Vonnegut

November 8 2010, 10:21 PM 

The funniest part is when the student tells the teacher that her interests followed the reading of the Story of O. As I said she is French bred. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

CLICK

American Way

November 11 2010, 12:06 AM 

The facial expression on their face when the janitor comes into the room is priceless. And just when she thought he was getting it right. It certainly doesnt amount to sexual harassment at least on her account. wink.gif Zoe is a Yale graduate, known for its thespians, but in my estimation lacks acting expertise nor all that attractive. Google Yale and actors and it's an impressive list. She is one of the smallest actresses so she fits comfy.

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Goggle Box

Your Radio Tomorrow - Beaver!

November 24 2010, 8:08 PM 

From the current edition of the Radio Times:

Beavers. Hollywood actor Hector Elizondo reads Arthur Miller's 2005 tale Beavers, in which a man trying to rid his pond of the water-loving rodent has a change of heart once he notices the animals' complexity and intelligence.

BBC Radio4, 25 November 3.30 pm.

American Way

November 24 2010, 8:45 PM 

Are television shows like Leave it to Beaver that are 50 years old shown over there. We have the BBC and by the time we watch situation comedies they're almost a decade old. Today you can you tube almost any episode. The university literati are always finding topics.

http://www.interestingideas.com/ii/beaver.htm

Goggle Box

November 24 2010, 9:01 PM 

The beaver is rarely seen on British television, except on channels owned by Richard Desmond.

Goggle Box

Radio Times 1

January 19 2011, 9:02 AM 

James/Jams, and no doubt many others, will be tuning in to Classic FM on Saturday 22 January at around 20.00 to hear a rare broadcast of a little symphony by Dr. Crotch.

Melton Mowbray

Transport of delight

January 21 2011, 10:44 AM 

Rumour has it that Michael Portillo will be taking the train to the home of pork pies at 6:30 pm tonight on BBC2. Eagle-eyed viewers might even be able to catch a glimpse of the Golden Gate Bridge!

American Way

March 29 2011, 1:09 AM 

Mildred Pierce HBO mini series part 2 of 5 parts. Joan Crawford is a meaner mommy than Kate Winslet is to the two Veda (Evan Rachel Ward and Morgan Turner). This is Todd Haynes director of

Dottie Gets Spanked so a spanking in this film is not surprising unlike the 1945 film. It is truer to the book however. A Times reviewer feels Morgan Turner is too big to be spanked but certainly petulant and spoiled enough to be.

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

Dottie Gets Spanked 1993. Psychological child fantasy with Todd Haynes with definite interests directing. Loosely based on a situation comedy like I Love Lucy igniting an imagination.

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

American Way

Mildred Pierce James Cain 1945

April 3 2011, 12:42 AM 

I really am going on a hiatius Molly and Dolly. The TV series is much closer to the book than the original movie. Not everything in a book is meant for the screen.

CLICK

CLICK,a>

Goggle Box

Lack of Beaver Explained

April 6 2011, 8:20 AM 

The Animal's Guide to Britain Thursday 14 April 20.00

From the Radio Times Page 94, 9-15 April:

[In Medieval times there was] a theory that the testicles of beavers worked as painkillers, a belief that, as you might expect, helped the species to extinction here in Britain.

American Way

May 3 2011, 12:29 PM 

It won't becoming on your TV tonight unless you have a nostalgia network but if you had it you would be inundated with Westerns from the age of innocence with racism and sexism (skip to #:30 in the video and get a taste. . The way woman and race are treated involve IMHO a confluence of these factors and the popularity of Westerns. Here are just a few: Gunsmoke, Rifleman, Wagon Train, Palladin, Maverick, Bat Masterson and my sister's favorite growing up Rawhide with Clint Eastwood.

Let's get back to school corporal punishment confluence. Although three to four more times boys are paddle there was even a greater discrepancy in the age of innocence. He had nothing to do with male paddling females but females abiding or finding it easier to abide by codes of conduct. Heads of household and of schools were men and were spare the rod folks. That is true now more in the deep south (I use that adjective purposively). Now, Google News corporal punishment and look at the controversies that surround school CP and it is obvious that there has always been a reticence to hit girls with more than a feather.

Back to the Westerns. The popularity of this escapism had a lot to do with reinforcing stereotypes that have now long been abandoned. They were popular during the time of the code because of their rectitude. Rifleman was as moralistic than you could even imagine.

Young girls were married and were often spoiled by their fathers and needed to be handled with a firm hand. Many of the men viewers would like to have the sanction less right to do so as the last link attests to.

Lastly, I do not deliberately try to be surrealistic nor do I know how. If some find it difficult to read my postings than move on. I write the way Id and have no intention to modify to appease my critics. These links relate to racism. The present skew in numbers has a lingering trace of this as attested to by my OCR figures. BTW OCR is Office of Civil Rights and that may give you an idea.

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

http://youtu.be/kfAHoKicwH8

CLICK

American Way

Correction on previous post. Sorry.

May 3 2011, 12:51 PM 

# meant 4 in you tube video. and fourth link should be this:

Third CLICK should be this:

CLICK

American Way

May 11 2011, 4:41 PM 

I transferred this from the president thread though it pertains to presidents for TV lovers. Unlike our esteemed good Doctor hardly ever watch it. I don't know how he finds the time? I still cannot picture him watching Buffy and the Vampire.

Angie Dickinson left the silver screen for TV around 1971; she recently was quoted as saying that she was too old for hot pants when she turned 40 as she was brutally told.

Dr. Kildare is available on Netflix but not as reruns. The episodes are around March 1965 and the show was precedent setting with many Doctor shows to follow until today where it has reached its saturation point. She was recently voted the second sexiest women in television history. Diana Rigg as Emma Peel finished first.

Angie Dickinson famously said I dress for women and undress for men; I certainly hope note with JFK or Reagan. She will be 80 in September and has lost none of her beauty or charm. The first picture is from Dr Kildare who spanked her. What a waste. He was gay. sad.gif

CLICK

CLICK

Goggle Box

Abused: Breaking the Silence

June 21 2011, 1:02 PM 

Tuesday 21 June 22.35 BBC1

Men tell of their experiences of corporal punishment and sexual humiliation at two Catholic schools in the fifties and sixties.

KK

Abused: Breaking the Silence

June 21 2011, 9:56 PM 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0124y7n

In 2009, over a hundred former pupils from two Catholic prep schools in England and Tanzania were reunited via the internet. Chatting in cyberspace, they discovered they had all suffered terrible abuse at school: mental, physical and, in some cases, sexual. As young children they were frightened into silence by their abusers.

Now, as men in their fifties and sixties, and strengthened by the group, they want the truth to come out. Twenty two men have started legal proceedings against the Rosminian Order for compensation. They want justice. But half a century has passed, and their abusers are now elderly. What will it take to repair the damage and for the victims to feel able to move on?

American Way

July 8 2011, 3:32 PM 

Bottom line. Maria Sharapova tops it for the second year said: Outfits have got more revealing but I dont think Wimbledon will ever drop its almost entirely white code.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article679032.ece

CLICK

Sharpova Has a Cheek to Beat a Brit at wimbledon. Maria Sharapova and Fiona Butler

CLICK

American Way

August 20 2011, 8:22 PM 

Rawhide: A follow up of May 3, 12:29. There was no greater sex symbol growing up than the genie that everybody dreamt about. The pretext of the show gave it poetic license of making the very attractive Barbara Eden a genie gave us adolescent boys an opportunity to enjoy a girl's body that would otherwise be unavailable right in your own living room before your very mother. To enjoy the scene from Rawhide, different from the one with the girl next door being spanked from that previous post, join the fun at 3:30 until 7:00. She plays an angel on I Dream of Jeannie and a vixen on Rawhide.

While woman weren't being spanked in the home or for that matter maybe even less schoolgirls prior to the demand for equality, by entering into the time machine of the past mostly male directors and producers geared television to their own proclivities. I hope I'm not just projecting. wink.gif That certainly isn't the case today.

3:30 to 7:00

http://youtu.be/A89nEedxpvc

American Way

Keira Knightley

September 17 2011, 2:49 AM 

A Dangerous Method's' Keira Knightley reveals her spanking scene prep: Vodka. This television interview (12:30) has made it to the states.

CLICK

CLICK

Another_Lurker

September 17 2011, 4:10 AM 

Hi American Way,

We've had this discussion before, but I'll try again. Although we're probably in the majority we Brits don't look for many special privileges on this estimable Forum.

One of the things we do like though is the advanced warning that Google Box very kindly gives us of forthcoming British TV programs - forthcoming as in 'next 24 hours'. It doesn't seem too much to ask that this thread be left free for that purpose as that's what it was started for.

I don't have a TV, but even I used to like to know what I was missing. If it was something totally unmissable I could always blag my way in front of an unsuspecting friend's telly and persuade them to watch the program.

Now however, although Goggle Box is still doing his best, his vital information is buried in a mass of US TV stuff, and not even forthcoming (as in next 24 hours) stuff!

Please, why not start your own TV thread and leave this one for its intended purpose?

Another_Lurker

September 17 2011, 12:23 PM 

Hi Prof.n,

I apologise to Google Box for doing what I've criticised American Way for, but I can't really start a new thread just to reply to you. However, there may be a bonus. If Renee is reading this the event featured in my recent animated link is an absolute certainty, so watch this space, or rather that space! And just remind me about that brace position again. Luckily the post conference room procedure seems to have gone off the schedule so I can face my fate with equanimity. happy.gifwink.gifhappy.gif

I don't miss 'all that choice from the land of the free'. I frequently visit my brother, who has travelled extensively in the US, loves the country, loves the culture, or rather the cultures, and most of all loves Baseball and American Football, the statistics and facts of which he can recite ad indefinitum. He has all the TV facilities you mention, and while I haven't a clue what Glee and 90210 are, and I doubt if he has either (if they're what I suspect wink.gif), he does watch lots and lots of Baseball and American Football.

I can't make any sense of either game despite his expert instruction, and find them both incredibly boring. Slow, overly complex, and apparently designed to produce as many breaks for TV ads as possible. I quite like the cheerleaders, but they only seem to come on camera for ludicrously short periods. sad.gif If I've got to watch team ball games, a ridiculous concept anyway, give me Rugby and Cricket every time!

American Way

September 17 2011, 1:32 PM 

I agree in this case about starting a new thread. There is no need to start another thread but post on a more appropriate one. Hitherto and henceforth, these matters will be posted under As Recent As It Gets. Threads can become unwieldily (difficult to load) like TWP or as recently suggested Gender Agenda. I think it best to keep the title TWP and add a Roman Numeral rather than changing the name like Renee has done of late in her daunting task of keeping threads on topic. There is a charm to the surrealistically flows afforded by digressions.

Alan Turing

Might be worth watching?

September 17 2011, 7:56 PM 

Goggle Box

Reel History of Britain

September 22 2011, 9:16 PM 

Friday 23 September 18.30 BBC2

Secondary Modern Schools

Yetanotheranotherlurker

September 23 2011, 7:08 PM 

About to start any moment (Friday 7pm-ish)on Film4 - P'tang yang kipperbang.

Knowing Film4 it's likely to be repeated in the next few days.

Jenny

Me, My Sex & I

October 11 2011, 1:46 PM 

BBC1 @ 22.35 Tonight.

Documentary about people born neither completely male nor female.

It might raise some interesting questions about sex roles and sex discrimination/equality.

Declan

November 20 2011, 1:45 PM 

On Monday 21 November Channel 4 at 9pm ( UK) there is a programme entitled " Britain's Greatest Codebreaker" This is about Alan Turing. Great article about him in today's Sunday Times . Worth a watch I reckon.

willyeckaslike

Your TV Tonight

November 20 2011, 10:24 PM 

Alan Turing

One of the back room boys, but nonetheless a hero and one of the saviors of or nation.

Driven to an unfortunate end by people with a closed mind.

What would be the state of our nation now if it was in the hands people like that instead of free thinkers ?

Goggle Box

Ian Hislop: When Bankers Were Good

November 21 2011, 7:54 PM 

Tuesday 22 November 21.00 BBC2

Peabody Buildings.

Goggle Box

Radio Times 2

December 8 2011, 11:51 AM 

Bringing Up Britain Wednesday 14 December 20.00 BBC Radio 4

Husky-voiced Mariella Frostbite chairs a discussion about controlling and disciplining children.

She writes:

Certainly things have changed since I was a child. Back then, corporal punishment was widespread in the Irish schools I attended, and the chasm between grown-ups and youngsters was so great that you wouldn't have dared disobey this apparent master race who held all the cards.

mikeuk

TV last night

December 15 2011, 5:57 AM 

Interesting account of pre WW2 school caning by John Arlott on BBC4 at 10pm on 14 Dec2011. He says he was whacked a lot at his grammar school and describes the effect of the canings on his buttocks. Having grown up in the 40s/50s I can relate to way the marks changed colour.

Declan

December 15 2011, 7:04 AM 

Yes, I saw the John Arlott programme. He describes how the headmaster used to administer canings in the large washrooms at the school which echoed and therefore the canings could be heard all over the school. He said the boys who got six could never just walk away, they would collapse and other boys would have to support them. Years later Arlott was invited to an old boys reunion and had to toast the headmaster. He didn't actually specify what he said but suggested that he told him exactly what he thought of him. The school was named , it's in Hampshire, but I don't know whether it is still going.

Declan

December 15 2011, 9:24 AM 

For those of you who may not know who John Arlott was , he was a cricket commentator, writer and wine buff. He wrote on many subjects other than cricket and wrote poetry . The programme , filmed in 1984 was to commemorate his death 20 years ago to the day. Still available on iPlayer to those in the UK. He was a very popular broadcaster with a very distinctive Hampshire accent.He was a very strong opponent of apartheid in the days when very few in this country knew what was happenening in South Africa at the time, and it was not fashionable to speak your mind about these matters then. He facilitated the arrival into this country of the Cape coloured cricketer Basil D'Oliveira who died very recently

Mikeuk

Strappingin Just Henry ITV 1 Sunday 7pm 18 Dec

December 21 2011, 7:56 PM 

Thanks for clarification on John Arlott. I was(am)a major fan. As an aside I had a master at school who walloped with a bat suitable for a young lad. He was my sportsmaster of course.Didn't hurt the bum too much - mainly symbolic.
I found Just Henry to be a good drama and you can get it on ITV iplayer. About 17 mins in there is a fight followed by a strapping on hands of 2 lads about 13/14. Female teacher delivers the punishment and boys put hands under their arms just as all school kids did to relieve the pain

Declan

December 22 2011, 8:35 AM 

Mikeuk

Thanks for the tip about Just Henry. An enjoyable drama even if there was no strapping in it. The strapping scene was realistic with the boys showing pain. Too often we see canings or strappings in films where the receiver just shrugs it off. Pity that rather attractive girl didn't get it.

An example would be where Ann Todd got the cane , but I cannot trace it. It was a 1940s film with James Mason, anyone know the title , or a link to the caning?

Goggle Box

December 22 2011, 8:43 AM 

An example would be where Ann Todd got the cane , but I cannot trace it. It was a 1940s film with James Mason, anyone know the title...?

The Seventh Veil (1945)

Another_Lurker

December 22 2011, 3:37 PM 

The wonders of Google! Unfamiliar with 'The Seventh Veil' quoted by our most esteemed TV and Film Critic Goggle Box above, I googled "the seventh veil" caning in Google Images with safe search off to see if I could find Declan a picture.

What should I find on the eighth row of links but an image of Another_Lurker climbing and a link to this thread in this estimable Forum! Curiously, if I switch safe search to 'moderate' it doesn't come up until the 12th row, the opposite of what common sense would predict, but that's another matter!

Sadly Steve frequently used the Network54 Temporary Realm to store his images, so the image of James Mason, described as:

probably about to cane Anne Todd on the hand, in The Seventh Veil(1945)

is long gone. sad.gif

Alan Turing

December 22 2011, 3:44 PM 

A more recent image of Another_Lurker climbing may be found here. happy.gif

Another_Lurker

A correction!

December 22 2011, 4:02 PM 

Most unusually my very distinguished fellow contributor Alan Turing is being slightly economical with the truth, which is to be found here. happy.gifwink.gifhappy.gif

American Way

Leaver It To Beaver

December 22 2011, 4:28 PM 

Declan

December 22 2011, 6:10 PM 

Good to see that old post where I was compared to Billy Fury! I do look a bit like John Alderton though even if he must be 20 years older than me.

Merry Christmas to all if I am not on here again for a few days.

This message has been edited by larry1951 on Dec 22, 2011 7:54 PM
This message has been edited by larry1951 on Dec 22, 2011 7:54 PM

KK

December 22 2011, 6:47 PM 

Another Lurker is John Bachar? Quite amazing but wrong of you American Way to out him like this.

Goggle Box

The Grammar School: a Secret History

January 4 2012, 1:34 PM 

Part One Thursday 5 January 21.00 BBC4

Part Two Thursday 12 January 21.00 BBC4

Contributors include dear, dear Dickie's brother, Joan Bakewell and the almost forgotten Neil Kinnochio.

Declan

January 11 2012, 7:14 AM 

There is a very good TV programme called Great British Railway Journeys, with Michael Portillo. ( Portillo is a former Conservative MP who was well known as a member of the John Major government in the 1990s).

He travels on certain railway lines and stops off and gives a little potted history of the place he is visiting. The other day he went to Windsor and Eton station and interviewed the present headmaster of Eton. This guy told the story of the legendary Dr Keate , who was headmaster of Eton in the 1840s, about the time he flogged about 100 boys and all these boys were cheering him on in admiration for his effort and stamina.

Goggle Box

Film: The Notorious Bettie Page

January 20 2012, 7:21 PM 

Friday 27 January 23.50 BBC2

WARNING: contains a reference to beaver.

Yetanotheranotherlurker

February 5 2012, 3:07 PM 

Last night on Gold was an episode of The Vicar of Dibley which has a lovely line.

The delightful Alice is convinced that the Easter Bunny exists and the Vicar, Geraldine (Dawn French) warns:

"Alice, you're lying, and if you don't apologize I'm going to have to punish you. And this hairbrush features quite prominently in your punishment. And your pants don't!"

American Way

February 5 2012, 5:17 PM 

Here is the hairbrush scene at 2:40. The scene starts at 2:00.

American Way

February 5 2012, 5:24 PM 

Here is the Easter Bunny link I omitted in the last post.

http://youtu.be/xOs6SBG3Nro

Goggle Box

Mary's Bottom Line

March 14 2012, 8:51 PM 

Only a very few knicker fetishists visit this forum, but so they don't feel left out, here is something especially for them.

Thursdays 15, 22, 29 March Channel 4 21.00. Documentary series about a woman who starts her own underwear making business.

Worldwide Traveller

Re: Mary's Bottom Line.

March 16 2012, 3:20 PM 

Yes indeed GB, I think that most of the visitors on this site prefer their women sans-culottes.
On that subject please do ensure that you dont miss out if the BBC re-broadcasts their two popular documentaries from days gone by. The first was about women who liked Nicholas Parsons and the sequel about parsons who liked knickerless women.

Goggle Box

Radio Times 3

July 3 2012, 5:07 PM 

Readers who have an interest in our Honorary Life Member, Christine Keeler, will want to tune in to BBC Radio 4 tomorrow at 12.45 to hear an episode of The New Elizabethans. The subject will be the judge and compulsive masturbator, Lord Denning.

Goggle Box

Exposure

October 3 2012, 3:00 PM 

Wednesday 3 October 23.10 ITV1

Horrible old woman and friend of this Forum, Esther Rancid, has had a lot to say about the star of the 'Jim'll Finger It' show and subject of tonight's programme.

To see Jim and our Honorary Life Member J.M.H. in the ring together go to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zdjXXvFBNB8

American Way

American Horror Story

October 20 2012, 4:46 AM 

The lovely Lily Rabe plays Sister Eunice, who portrays a nun fond of being on the receiving end of bare bottom canings. Jessica Lange plays Sister Jude the monstrous nun who obliges. It is memory refreshing to see them in 1964 garb. They had to get their practice somewhere.

CLICK

Check out those hands.

CLICK

Video with quick flash of lower dorsal nudity.

Nun Spanking On American Horror Story: Asylum!

CLICK

Declan

October 26 2012, 6:54 PM 

I have just heard on the radio ( Radio 5 live) that Fiona Phillips is on the radio this evening saying some bad stuff about her school days . No idea what she is going to say , but she has previously said that she had been slippered at school. I will try to find out more details .

Another_Lurker

October 26 2012, 8:14 PM 

Hi Declan,

Thank you, I hope your efforts meet with success and that you are able to inform us of any new revelations by Ms Phillips.

To listen to Radio 5 Live for the sake of this Forum is truly above and beyond the call of duty! happy.gif

It has to be said that even as recently as 3 years ago Ms Phillips was re-living her school days, as this picture from the very informative SF&R Site will attest! happy.gifwink.gifhappy.gif

Declan

Fiona Phillips

October 26 2012, 9:37 PM 

A-L

I must admit that I am not prepared to listen to Radio 5 Live all night to hear whether the lovely Miss Phillips admits to being slippered at school. But you never know , it might be revealed tomorrow. Great picture of her bending over

Declan

Fiona Phillips

October 26 2012, 10:02 PM 

Further to my comments about Fi Fi as she is sometimes called, I may have mentioned an Aberdeen School teacher that I know. This is completey true unlike some of the tales we have heard about strict Scottish school mams. I only got to know this lady because on a totally different site we had an interest in Miss Phillips.

Anyway she now teaches in West Australia, but we keep in touch

KK

Not enuf caning?

October 27 2012, 7:52 AM 

express.co.uk excerpt:

OUTCRY AS TV STAR FIONA PHILLIPS SLAMS SCHOOL THAT TURNED HER INTO A VILE TEENAGER

Friday October 26,2012

By John Chapman

PUPILS and teachers sat back eagerly to listen as one of their school's most famous old girls returned to celebrate its proudest day.

But what television presenter Fiona Phillips had to say shocked and outraged the distinguished audience.

Instead of praising its achievements in being rebranded as an academy, the guest speaker ripped into the school with a blistering, no-holds-barred attack on the education she got there.

Ms Phillips claimed Millbrook School in Southampton transformed her from a promising pupil into a "vile teenager". She said it crushed her aspirations and left her with just one O-level.

"I went in and said I wanted to be a doctor and they said 'Have you thought about hairdressing?" she went on.

Ms Phillips told how she and schoolmates locked a teacher in a cupboard and threw another over a bush.

The audience listened stunned as she said former head Fred Lowry "commanded no respect whatsoever".

[. . .]

neilfrommanc

Fiona Phillips

October 27 2012, 9:49 AM 

I wonder whether "throwing a teacher over a bush" was something she was punished for - I'm pretty sure it would register at the high end of Dr. Dominum's scale of offences and merit a good six of the best, and Millbrook was a caning school after all.

IMO you can reasonably blame a school for failing to inspire you to fulfil your potential, but when it comes to your own actions of assault and vandalism they are squarely down to yourself.

American Way

My Nuns Were Never This Cruel.

October 28 2012, 6:24 PM 

American Horror Story Caning. Season 2 Episode 2.

http://vimeo.com/52256803

CLICK

Another_Lurker

American Horror Story

October 29 2012, 10:33 AM 

Hi American Way and Prof.n,

Well that series certainly looks a bundle of fun! Everyone seems to be having a high old time! happy.gif

Is this a serious program that people will be doing Doctorates on like you know what, or is it just an excuse for a bit of fladge?

I ask the latter because there's another video here, apparently of Episode 1, where a male gets caned and a nun gets caned - almost! Should appeal to you, American Way. happy.gif A violent start though, so beware!

KK

October 29 2012, 7:02 PM 

Can we please have the censor's rating for movies hyperlinked here? Or at least some warning as to the nature of the content? Ideally, the hyperlink would lead to a quiz designed to test the viewers "maturity" before giving access via having to click on the correct answer.

I nearly choked while eating porridge when I accidently clicked on one of the hyperlinks above. I am now frightened to use my mouse in case my finger should twitch at the wrong time.

Clips could be labeled "Suitable for the undiscerning", "Contains adult material", "Contains nudity (delectable bare buttocks)", etc, as the case may be.

Declan

November 1 2012, 11:37 AM 

I caught the very end of a programme called " Home to Roost" starring John Thaw , the other day. We had Thaw and his 16 year old son in the headmaster's office. The Head had a cane on his desk and started flexing it about . The boy appeared to have his hands under his armpits as though he had just been caned.

The scene then moved on , and this boy stole the cane from the headnaster's desk, and then produced it to his father later on . The whole scene was regarded as a bit of a joke and no-one got caned . It was made in 1985. The cane shown looked far too heavy to be used on the hands , nothing like the much thinner canes used when I was at school.

It's on ITV PLayer ITV 3, just the last few minutes if you are interested.

hcj

November 1 2012, 3:23 PM 

Well spotted Declan!

It's certainly an authentic cane, unlike some that have been seen in TV programmes. It looks to be a shortish 10mm, more suitable for use on the buttocks than the hands, and quite capable of delivering a real school punishment.

Declan

November 1 2012, 7:39 PM 

That cane looked very much like a prop.In my day ( as they say ) the cane used was much thinner , whether it was used on the buttocks or hand . Still, it was interesting to see that in 1985 the cane was regarded as a bit of a joke. That scene if produced today would be regarded with outrage

hcj

November 1 2012, 11:47 PM 

Declan wrote:

That cane looked very much like a prop.In my day ( as they say ) the cane used was much thinner , whether it was used on the buttocks or hand

Well, props are often real items and the point I was making was that this one isn't the kind of cane you find in a fancy dress shop. I agree that many school canes were thinner, and the general view in my school was that long thin ones were the worst. But in my experience, the one in the TV show is by no means untypical. Unfortunately, I no longer have my collection of canes or I would post a photograph to give some idea of the range.

American Way

Made in Chelsea season 4 episode 5

November 16 2012, 12:36 AM 

Made in Chelsea season 4 episode 5. Why is it that I have to find these links and then batten down the hatches for straying off topic? It isn't fair. But that's how it is for the American Way. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Air date:

11/12/2012

Between !8:10 to 18:50 point is fun.

http://delishows.com/made-in-chelsea-season-4-episode-5.html

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

American Way

Santa. I have been a good boy.

November 16 2012, 9:21 AM 

The Diary of a Submissive Launch Party at Coco de Mer

CLICK

I have been a good boy. Santa

All I Want for XXXmas.

CLICK

CLICK

Declan

The Secet of Crickley Hall

November 19 2012, 10:01 AM 

The Secert of Crickley Hall is a BBC drama which was shown last night, Sunday 18th at 9,pm

It is a somewhat confusing drame which flits between the present day and 1940. There are references to the cane as used by an old schoolmaster in 1940. You see very brief glimpses of the cane being used, and also punishment books. The lead role is played by Surrane Jones who may be familiar to Coronation Street fans.

At one stage Surrane awakes from a dream and looks at her hand which has a cane mark on it. Her daughter then is caned at the very end , but it really isn't all that clear.

Worth a look though , it will still be up on BBC Player for a week .

Declan

November 20 2012, 5:52 AM 

I looked at another forum for any comments about Crickley Hall.

Very few mention the caning scenes , though one poster thought it absurd that a ghost could physically attack you with a cane. Many comments were about the weight loss of Suranne Jones , in paticular in the chest area

Goggle Box

Radio Times 4

November 22 2012, 4:22 PM 

Brian of Nottinghamshire Community will no doubt be listening in to BBC Radio4 on Tuesday 27 November at 14.15 for 'Afternoon Drama: Beryl: a Love Story on Two Wheels'. The play has been written by and stars Maxine Peake, known for her portrayal of Tracey Temple, diary secretary to 'Two Shags'.

Brian ONC

Re: Radio Times 4

November 23 2012, 5:55 AM 

Hi Goggle Box,

I am greatly indebted to you for the above advance warning! I doubt that I'd have noticed the programme left to myself.

Beryl Burton was one of my cycling heroes - or rather heroines. In the days when cycling in Britain was a Cinderella sport, unknown, unappreciated and unreported outside the specialist media, she dominated women's events at home and worldwide.

I saw her ride many times on the road and on the track. For me her greatest ride will always be the 1967 Otley CC 12 hour time trial. She set off a minute behind Mike McNamara, who was on his way to setting a new men's 12 hour record of 276.8 miles and winning the 1967 Men's British Best All-Rounder competition based on average speed over 50 and 100 miles and 12 hours.

After 233 miles Beryl caught and passed Mike, reputedly handing him a liquorice sweet as she went by. She went on to do 277.25 miles in the 12 hours, finishing 43 seconds early, because the next bit of the finishing circuit was uphill, and she didn't fancy riding up another hill! It was a further two years before the Men's 12 hour record overtook the Women's record again. Beryl's Women's 12 hour record still stands.

Beryl Burton was not coached and cared for in the way that Britain's current top cyclists are. She remained an amateur rider throughout her career, and as well as being a housewife and mother she worked on a farm owned by Nim Carline, himself a cycling 24 hour record holder in 1966 at 496.37 miles.

On this YouTube video watch Beryl Burton winning the 1967 Women's World Road Cycling Championship in September 1967, the same month that she set her 12 hour record. And in the second part of the clip, 19 years later in 1986 riding in a club time trial, and still pushing her characteristic big gear!

And for those who'd like to see a little more of the greatest woman cyclist ever, another YouTube video. Doctor's advice on being told that she'd taken up cycling: "if the hills get too hard you must get off and walk, I'm sure the boys will wait for you". happy.gifwink.gifhappy.gif Beryl had had very poor health in childhood, and at one stage spent 15 months in hospital and convalescent homes with rheumatic fever.

Declan

Secret of Crickley Hall

November 26 2012, 6:49 AM 

Another interesting episode of ths ghost story. Quite a concentration on punishment books , with the modern owner of the house finding old punishment books hidden away, and leafing through pages and pages. Some of the orphans were getting 40 strokes.

We saw one boy getting it on the hand , and once again the lead role , played by Suranne Jones , is shown with a cane mark on her hand. The old headmaster , or a ghost of , is seen wielding his cane at a teenage girl at the end , though he is just swishing his cane about , and it is not a formal punishment

Declan

November 29 2012, 12:43 PM 

Not much response to my comments about Crickley Hall, quite a good show even without the CP references .

I saw the very last bit of an old programme called " Man about the House" This wads a 1970s show starring Richard O'Sullivan and Paula Wilcox on ITV3. It was about a man sharing a flat with two very attractive girls.

O'Sullivan , playing a character called Robin has been done for drink driving and is in the Magistrates Court. He is waiting to be called in and says to his girlfriend " This is like waiting outside the headmaster's study", and she replies " He could only give you six of the best , this guy could give you six months "

Althoughj I haven't seen the recent re showings of this show , which was a huge success when it was first shown , there have been many comments on message boards about how the modern remakes have been censored to remove any references to sexist or racist remarks. At least they didn't delete the CP reference.

Goggle Box

BBC4 13 December 21.00

December 5 2012, 9:19 AM 

Timeshift: Wrestling's Golden Age: Grapples, Grunts and Grannies

Admirers of Honorary Life Member J.M.H. will be hoping to catch a glimpse of him in the role of Master of Ceremonies during bouts that feature the Egg on Legs.

Declan

January 17 2013, 2:59 PM 

There were references to slippering on the BBC drama " Death in Paradise " a couple of days ago. This is a rather light hearted murder mystery based in a West Indian Island, but featuring a very attractive French /West Indian lady .

The episode involved a murder of a nun, and the English detective admitted that he was afraid of nuns because of the hell they gave him at school , included many slipperings. At one stage a nun turned up and said to him " I haven't brought my slipper"

It did remind me of my days at junior school where there was a Catholic School just up the road. Some boys from my school chalked some abusive comments about nuns on the walls of the Catholic School, and when found out were severely slippered ( not me this time ! )

Goggle Box

Radio Times 5

February 20 2013, 7:39 AM 

Saturday Drama: Well, He Would, Wouldn't He?

BBC Radio4 23 February 14.30.

A play about the doings in 1963 of Mandy Rice-Davies, former friend of our Honorary Life Member, Christine Keeler.

March 12 2013, 12:21 PM 

Declan,

I went to Catholic schools, primary and secondary, in the 60s and 70s. The odd thing was that it wasn't the priests or nuns who beat us on the backside. Sure, they used a ruler on our fingers or a blackboard rubber on our knuckles, but it was the other male teachers who used the slipper or strap frequently, often for little or no good reason. And yes it really stung. If you were really unlucky you could end up getting caned, on the backside, which only happenned to me twice.

Declan

April 1 2013, 1:39 PM 

The Village is a new drama set in Derbyshire , starting in 1914. The first episode sees a boy , about 12, being severely caned on the hand by a teacher for writing with his left hand.

BBC One 9pm , Sundays , available on IPlayer for UK viewers

Another_Lurker

Re: Sugar Rush 2006

September 30 2013, 10:21 PM 

Those in the UK wishing to view American Way's final link above may find it advantageous to represent themselves to YouTube as US residents via a proxy server.

American Way normally very kindly provides two versions of his Google Books links, as he is aware some UK residents have problems with one of the formats. He has done so above with his second and third links. The third link works fine for me. I am ashamed sad.gif to admit that I hadn't realised before that if you click on the individual snippets you get to see the full page.

American Way

September 30 2013, 11:06 PM 

For those blocked from last link to video this may do the trick, The Sugar Rush spanking scene has an aftermath not always available with the shorter snippets. She was 22 when she played the part of a 15-year-old or below the age of consent.

CLICK

Oliver Sydney

March 6 2014, 1:48 PM 

For those in Australia:

"The School" is currently on ABC Wednesdays 9:30pm, and on ABC Iview.
It is apparently "Educating Yorkshire", renamed for reasons unknown.

Goggle Box

Radio Times 6

April 18 2014, 11:39 AM 

Chris Woodhead, former head of Ofsted, has many admirers among the readership. Listen to him talking about living with disability.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b040hx66

Current Topic - Your TV Tonight  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement