<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

smacked bottom

April 20 2006 at 5:13 PM
flash harry 

Hi

I'm new to this type of forum, most people seem to be talking about caning at school but has anyone heard anyone getting or experienced themselves a good old fasioned 'smacked bottom' at school?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve M

Re: smacked bottom

April 20 2006, 9:45 PM 

In my experience, this was a phrase almost purely for infants, though I did hear it once or twice as a threat in primary school.

At Grammar(boys only), threats were of slippering or the generic tanned backside or sent to the Headmaster(cane only job) if threats were made.

I'd also associate the phrase at home with parents of c. 4-8 year olds & no older.

My experience was South London then Mid-Kent, by the way, so maybe there were regional variations.

And, Harry, if you look at my post (this page) re 3rd R in Sarf London, you'll see that I've first-hand experience of what I would define as a good old fashioned smacked bottom, albeit nearly 50 years ago!

I suppose, if teachers were being literal in their threats, it should indeed've been the bottom that was smacked!

Steve

Dean

April 21 2006, 8:13 AM 

From the age of 10 to the age of 13 at a school in Melbourne, Australia - thought mostly at the age of 10 and 11. It was quite a common punishment at that school for boys of that age, and while they made more use of the strap when we got a little older it wasn't unheard of even at 13.

It could be a proper over the knee spanking, or just a single smack delivered with little warning while you were standing upright. The latter didn't hurt all that much but at 13 was quite embarassing, which was probably the point.

David

April 21 2006, 1:25 PM 

At my Primary School in Leeds in the early eighties, boys were often "smacked".

The first punishment I remember witnessing was in the first year of school, when the teacher Miss Plant sat on a chair in the middle of the room and several boys had to form a queue to go across her knee in front of the whole class. I don't remember what they had done but they received probably three of four smacks each with her hand across their short trousers.

A similar thing happened again later that year.

Then a couple of years later, I remember the deputy head smacking boys. This was done with him telling them to "bend over" and pushing their head down with his left hand as he smacked them hard (usually 3 times) with his right hand over their trousers.

This was a fairly regular occurence and a couple of times I saw boys get at least 6 and possibly 12 smacks.

Only once do I remember a girl being smacked. This was done by a female teacher. The girl was probably about 9 and was bent over and smacked 3 times in a similar way in front of the class.

Nostalgic Noel

April 21 2006, 4:04 PM 

When my old school changed over from being boys only to having girls as well, I once saw the headmaster telling off a group of girls who had been running through the corridors and had nearly knocked the old gent over. I was really intrigued, as I had never seen girls being told off before, so I went to listen and I remember very vividly him saying

'I aught to have you all lined up outside my office to have your bottoms smacked'

He didn't of course and after their brisk reprimand they all wandered away looking nervious and blushing a little in the spring sunshine.

Arsecleaner

April 23 2006, 5:12 PM 

Go on Brummie tell us more about Sharon Smith.

Brummie

April 23 2006, 8:20 PM 

I’m sorry I am unable to write any more about Sharon Smith. As I wrote before, I never knew her and you wouldn’t want me to make it up, would you, even though everyone else does.

Arsecleaner

April 23 2006, 9:03 PM 

Who are you suggesting makes it up?

Brummie

Those who make it up

April 23 2006, 9:21 PM 

Fran of Wembley; Halfpenny; Susie Dent; Emma; Club Retro Spank; William Intercourse; E Ling Broadway; The Curse of Brian; Joan Riley; Bloke who ran the now defunct Square Brackets Group and there will be more to follow when I’ve sobered up.

This message has been edited by larry1951 on May 21, 2006 9:32 PM

prefect_dave

April 24 2006, 2:35 AM 

I once saw a boy get an old-fashioned smacked bottom at my UK grammar school in the 60s. The normal punishments by masters or prefects were whackings on the bottom with a plimsoll. More serious offenders were sent to the headmaster for a caning.

But one day in maths class the teacher got angry at one boy for some misbehaviour. He called him out to the front of the class. Although this master wasn't known as someone who used the slipper freely we all expected our mate to get the usual good whacking with a plimsoll. Instead, the teacher made him bend over and smacked his bottom with his hand.

No idea why. Couldn't he find a plimsoll? It seemed a bit strange. First of all a bit pathetic as we all knew a plimsoll would hurt more. And also a bit gay. Seemed wrong for a master to smacking a boy's bottom with his hand.

Rez

April 24 2006, 5:06 AM 

Worldwide Traveller

Get with it

April 24 2006, 8:16 AM 

You can find an account of a spanking I received from my headmaster at primary school in the 'Get with it get Witham' thread.

Paul Smith

Smacked bottom

May 2 2006, 5:39 PM 

I first had my bottom smacked at school in the first year of junior school aged 7, for throwing a snowball at a teacher.

When I went to grammar school lines and detentions were more normal punishments or for serious offences a trip to the Headmaster'd office for the cane. There were however a few teachers who used the slipper or simply spanked with their hand in class.

I never got the slipper but those who smacked my bottom included the Engish teacher, the RE teacher and the art teacher in the 1st year, the art teacher again and the games teacher in the 2nd year and the german teacher and gym teacher in the 5th year.

If you want any more details pleae e-mail me: paulsmithfl@hotmail.com

Flash Harry

Re: Smacked bottom

May 3 2006, 4:03 PM 

What was the procedure of getting a smacked bottom at school? I mean we all know about the caning rituals but what was the procedure of a school smacking? How does it compare to the spanking films? appart from the obvious, it happening to a eight year old rather than a eighteen year old sixthform girl.

Was it from the Headmaster? was it in his office? was it over his knee? was it with pants down? how many smacks? how much did it hurt etc.?

Conquistador Jim

May 3 2006, 4:55 PM 

Where in the heck is our resident bloodhound?

Lotta wants to rid the world of fantasists and constantly attacks the wrong people with no concern for the burden on the forum, yet this topic and others are crawling with fantasists and... no Lotta.

C'mon, Inspector Clueless, do your thing!

Mimi

May 3 2006, 7:00 PM 

The L person is in Coventry for another 3 weeks or so.

Anonymous Flash Harry

May 3 2006, 7:45 PM 

Well we all know for a fact at primary school in the UK a smacked bottom from the headmaster was not uncommon so how was it done? its a reasonable question was it anything like the fantasy when stripped of the eliment of a sexy sixth forme girl?

This message has been edited by larry1951 on May 3, 2006 9:35 PM

Paul Smith

May 8 2006, 9:37 AM 

The first time was in primary school. It was the end of break and it had been snowing. We were all lined up waiting to go back inside and as the teacher was walking down the line I threw a snowball which hit him on the shoulder. He walked towards me, put his hand on the back of my neck, bent me over and smacked me once. I don't remember it being particularly painful.

At grammar school when a teacehr called a bot out to the front of the class for a couple of wallops with his hand or plimsoll it was obvious from the resounding whacks on their backsides that these were much harder than anything I'd experienced or witnessed at primary school. I soon found out for myself when the English teacher thought he'd seen me looking at another boys work. He called me out to the front of the class and told me to bend over which I did, reaching down to touch my toes. He then smacked me twice and I felt it. That was fairly typical of the normal procedure.

The last time I got smacked was in the 5th form. The gym teacher called me over to him after he had returned to the gym and caught me using some weight lifting equipment which we weren't supposed to use unsupervised. I was fuuly expecting to be told to bend over for would have been my first slippering, his normal method of punishment so I was a bit shocked when hw suudenly sat down on the end of an adjacent wooden gym horse, hauled me across his knee and smacked me 8 or 9 times with his hand. That was by far the most painful and embarrassing smacked bottom I received.

Lotta Nonsense

May 8 2006, 10:35 AM 

It was also the most fictional.

Flash Harry

May 8 2006, 1:09 PM 

I agree that last one sounds fictional, but the other two sounded fairly authentic, didn't they? Is that the kind of 'smacked bottom' action other people experienced at school?

Was anyone ever taken in the a private office for a smacked bottom? or worse a bare smacked bottom?

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement