<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Caning at home

April 23 2006 at 4:22 PM
Eric B 

Did anyone else on here get caned at home by their parents?

I did several times, and it far was worse than a school caning. At school there were limits, usually four or six strokes, and you were caned over your trousers. At home it was trousers down and a caning on the bare bum with no limit, it went on until your mum or dad thought you had had enough.

I am of the older generation and a lot of my contempories had parents who had a cane at home. Most of us feared getting caned at home far more than at school.

Eric B

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lotta Nonsense

Re: Caning at home

April 23 2006, 8:56 PM 

In our house we were whipped with barbed wire every morning whether we'd misbehaved or not then it was off to the factory where we worked 36 hrs a day for tuppence a fortnight and every night when we got home my mother would burn us all to death just for the fun of it.

Eric had it easy.

Murray E

April 24 2006, 8:52 PM 

It didn't do Lotta much good then did it?

Rez

April 24 2006, 11:27 PM 

In our house we were whipped with barbed wire every morning whether we'd misbehaved or not then it was off to the factory where we worked 36 hrs a day for tuppence a fortnight and every night when we got home my mother would burn us all to death just for the fun of it.

Eric had it easy.

(Lotta Nonsense)

Lotta,
How can anyone not love you? You're hysterically funny!

George

at home

April 25 2006, 11:02 AM 

This is what made caning at school so dangerious and open to use by some teachers. Pupils would not tell their parents that they had been naughty at school, knowing they would be punished at home as well. It was not until about 1970 that attitudes started to change and pupils tell parents what went on at school.

Indeed, a lot of heads use to say " I wont tell your parents this time."

George

Richard

April 25 2006, 11:35 AM 

I wasn't caned at home but did receive the cane from my piano teacher in the early eighties for having not practiced enough.

My piano teacher was an older lady, probably in her fifties who lived with another older lady. She was probably a lesbian thinking about it now.

I'd been having lessons with her for several months without any hint of corporal punishment but for a few weeks I hadn't been practising at home and one week she got so cross that she said "That's it. I'm going to give you the cane!".

I was totally shocked having never had the cane ever before and having never seen one. I was about 11 years old at the time.

She made be bend over her sofa and gave me six strokes across my trousers. I was in tears and never told my parents when they collected me - nor did she.

After that I made sure that I always practiced thoroughly and she didn't have to cane me again. My lessons stopped about a year later.

mimi encore

April 25 2006, 11:58 AM 

I did not get any CP at home.
However the local hardware shop in N London, which was in those days ( 50/60s) was commonly called the "oil shop" ( where people could get parrafin amongst most household items) one could purchase school canes.
There always seemed to be lots of them standing in a container on display.
I imagine this means that they were purchased and used in the home.
Anyone else remember such things?
mimi

Veronica Soh.

April 25 2006, 12:13 PM 

When i failed my exam,my mom will cane me[1 subject fail = 3 strokes]on the buttocks with skirt & pantyhose on,but still very painful.!

Research Assistant

April 25 2006, 12:53 PM 

It is always a delight to hear from our Honorary Life Member, retired headmaster George. I miss the bits of Middle English that are usually thrown in, but nevertheless,

Kepen posteen!

Your charming little piece, Richard, is reminiscent of one of the stories written by the fantasist James, reproduced unedited here below. His complete ramblings can be found in the ‘Childhood Dreams’ thread.

'Miss Lawrence made her classroom a home from home. She was a warm hearted woman who had no trouble with disipline because all us ten year olds loved her but i was the only one to admit it to my friend Fat Freddy. He told all the others and they bullied me. At playtime they formed a circle round me and pointed at me and shouted ‘You love Miss Lawrence’ It made me cry and i said to them ‘When i get big i will be a very important man with a big car and a big house in North London and when you come and ask me for a job i won,t give you one so there! Then i went and told Miss Lawrence hoping that she would give me a smack on the bottom but she just said ‘don,t be a ninny’.
Later at night tucked up in my little wooden bed i imagined that she was giving me a piano lesson on the Grieg Concerto and every time i palyed a wrong note she gave me a smack on the bottom. My little hands couldn,t stretch to the opening big A minor chord and so every time i tried i got a smack on the bottom. She smacked me with a slipper while i was bending over the piano stool. She caned me with my pants on while i was lying across the keyboard. She put me inside her grand piano and pulled out one of the strings and hit me on the bottom with it.
Next time i’ll tell you about how i fantasised about how Miss Lawrence put me in a tea chest called the box of whacks and then smacked my bottom.'

In addition to oil shops, mimi encore, canes were also sold in sweet shops, or sweat shops as the writer of the following calls them. The piece, entitled ’Penny Canes’ can be found in the_good_old_days Yahoo Group, presided over by the formidable Joan Riley.

'I remember those penny canes well they were sold in the sweat shops near the schools too. I don't remember them costing penny it was more like shilling in my days. But the worsed [sic] canes were the school canes issues by the British Home office a legal size and length for all corporal punishment. They were I remember about 12-14mm thick and exactly three feet long. How much they hurt depended on the force of use and whether bottom pretection [sic] was allowed and often for me it was not. Some teachers had a thick special cane not legal but hurt like hell and was used for the disgrace punishments. Today we would think all this was terrible but to me it was just things that happen when you were growing up. Janet James'

Lotta Nonsense

April 25 2006, 2:41 PM 

Richard,

You live in a dream world.

EricB

Canes sold by sweet shops

April 25 2006, 3:31 PM 

My father bought a cane for me when I was about seven.

We walked one day to the local Newsagent Confectioner tobacconist, where he normally bought his paper and cigarettes. He bought me a few sweets and then spotted some canes and bought one, saying to me that it was for me when I was naughty.

When we got home he told my mother she was to use it if needed because he was in the Navy and was going away for a long time. As it turned out I never saw him again as he was killed in the war.

I don’t think that he ever expected that she would use it, I am sure he felt the threat was enough. I was also convinced that my mother would never use it either.

However after about a year or two when I was about nine I suppose, I did something that really upset her. So she got the cane and dragged be upstairs took down my trousers and pants and caned me hard maybe about ten or twelve times. I don’t know exactly as I wasn’t counting, but it was a lot more than I ever got as school.

She caned my twice more during my time at home, each time I got about a dozen on the bare.

I await Lotta’s comments.

She (?) will no doubt shout fiction but I wish it was. My bum at the time didn’t think so. Something must have caused the fire.

EricB

Lotta Nonsense

April 25 2006, 6:04 PM 

Eric,

You live next door to Richard.

Denis D

I was caned at home

May 1 2006, 2:13 AM 

I was caned at home, but not with a purchased cane. Living near the river thames; and having been forbidden to go accross the field to it, my sister and I did not expect the punishment we got for our disobedience.
Mother had cut a thin whippy cane from the garden, which she told us we were both going to be punished with. I was seven, and my sister Gillian was eleven. We were ordered to our bedrooms. Punishment for us usually meant a smack round the legs...But not this time. Gillian got it first. I heard mother tell her to lay on the bed. Then I heard a few hard strokes of the cane. Mother said, "I want you to remember this, so I am going to pull your knickers down" I think Gillian got about twelve cuts accross her bare bottom. I was terrified.
Mother left her crying and came to me. She undid my short trousers and pulled them down. "Lay accross the bed" she ordered. I obeyed. I think I got about six strokes accross my underpants.Pulling my pants down, she saidsomething like,"Maybe the cane round your bare bottom will teach you obedience my boy." The several stinging strokes mad me yell, and the lines were there for some days. It was not the last time she caned me, though it was rare. My sister also got the cane at other times. Usually we got it for disobedience or lying.
I do believe it was deserved, but also that it has left me with an interest in this subject.

Denis D

I was caned at home

May 1 2006, 2:17 AM 

I was caned at home, but not with a purchased cane. Living near the river thames; and having been forbidden to go accross the field to it, my sister and I did not expect the punishment we got for our disobedience.
Mother had cut a thin whippy cane from the garden, which she told us we were both going to be punished with. I was seven, and my sister Gillian was eleven. We were ordered to our bedrooms. Punishment for us usually meant a smack round the legs...But not this time. Gillian got it first. I heard mother tell her to lay on the bed. Then I heard a few hard strokes of the cane. Mother said, "I want you to remember this, so I am going to pull your knickers down" I think Gillian got about twelve cuts accross her bare bottom. I was terrified.
Mother left her crying and came to me. She undid my short trousers and pulled them down. "Lay accross the bed" she ordered. I obeyed. I think I got about six strokes accross my underpants.Pulling my pants down, she said something like,"Maybe the cane round your bare bottom will teach you obedience my boy." The several stinging strokes mad me yell, and the lines were there for some days. It was not the last time she caned me, though it was rare. My sister also got the cane at other times. Usually we got it for disobedience or lying.
I do believe it was deserved, but also that it has left me with an interest in this subject.

Denis D

I was caned at home

May 1 2006, 2:24 AM 

Mother left her crying and came to me. She undid my short trousers and pulled them down. "Lay accross the bed" she ordered. I obeyed. I think I got about six strokes accross my underpants.Pulling my pants down, she said something like,"Maybe the cane round your bare bottom will teach you obedience my boy." The several stinging strokes mad me yell, and the lines were there for some days. It was not the last time she caned me, though it was rare. My sister also got the cane at other times. Usually we got it for disobedience or lying.

Rez

Re: I was caned at home

May 1 2006, 4:12 AM 

I do believe it was deserved, but also that it has left me with an interest in this subject. (Dennis D)

Yeah, one of the little by-products of parenting with a cane---little fetishists are made. I got made with a bathbrush rather than a cane, but same idea.

I wonder if in a few years there will be "time out" fetishists. Maybe...but I doubt it.

Wow, what an opportunity!

May 1 2006, 4:28 AM 

Can you guess what comes next?

It's simply amazing. I still can't believe what I'm about to tell you.

Not yet born, but invisibly there watching Denis and 37 million other fantasists at the same time!

(Denis is fast asleep while the above story is taking place of course.)

It's just incredible. The talent is utterly astounding and unprecedented. So is the humility - not once in hundreds of near identical posts has she even hinted at her own miraculous powers!

Watch this space closely because she'll shortly be here to tell you the truth....

H-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-r's Lotta!

Lotta Nonsense

May 1 2006, 8:50 AM 

Denis D,

Is your surname 'Lusional' by any chance?

Sir Les Patterson

An Offer

May 1 2006, 10:39 AM 

My sister has a white handled pocket knife if anyone wants to borrow it to cut cane.

Steve M

May 1 2006, 12:12 PM 

LOTTA

More like D
idnt get the point of why this punishment was inflicted, as it's been posted three times!

or D

oesn't quite get this new IT lark!

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement