<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

For New Member (Ketta)

October 15 2006 at 9:11 PM
Ping 

Thank you for replying to my question in the other thread about witnessing punishment. I thought I would be very bold and start a new thread in which you could perhaps tell us more about your experiences at boarding school. The other thread has got rather bunged up.

How often were girls caned at your school? Were you caned by the head or the deputy and were you bending over the desk in her office?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
New Member (Ketta)

Ping

October 16 2006, 9:56 PM 

Pupils ranged form 8-18, younger girls were punished with the slipper or slapped hard on the legs, some prefects/heads of house had no hesitation when it came to corporal punishment. some seriously unpleasant 'deeply religious' women who called themselves teachers. Older girls were caned on the hand or rear. My caning was by the head in the presence of the head of house, made to bend over hands resting on the arm of one of those gross leather chesterfield armchairs. Worse thing was my bloody parents sanctioned it. Anyone else have a parent who was a teacher?

Steve M

Re: Ping

October 16 2006, 10:19 PM 

KETTA

Did your parent(s) practise their beliefs on you in half-terms, etc? I sincerely hope not for you bottie's sake!

I remember two of the school's teacher's sons at grammar school(daughters might have caused a stir, as it was boys-only!). Both could have stood in for Peter Perfect on Whacky Races(now there's an apt title for us here!), and, completely co-incidentally, both made Head Boy.

Of those whose parents taught at other schools, they seem to've been, out of the 5 I can remember, something akin to the Wild Bunch;OK, thousands of Mexicans weren't mown down that often on wet dinner-times, but even I had a job to keep up in the misbehaviour stakes with at least three of them & I spent all but the first 7 terms of my 7-year stretch in trying to make life interesting!

It also surprises me, from FR & other sources, how few of my contemporaries went into teaching;we've had lawyers, priests, jailbirds, doctors, professors, detectives and most other lifeforms inbetween, but not a teacher.

Steve

Peter

Re: Ping

October 20 2006, 8:25 PM 

We have not heard from Ketta for a few days. I hope she is still around. Her accounts seemed genuine enough to me.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement