<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

An excellent High School girl paddling story

January 29 2008 at 11:49 PM
DIsciplinarian 

Following on from Peter's "favourite writings" thread, I think this one has a ring of truth to it. I have checked out the school in question on the net, Hazard High, in Perry County, Kentucky, and it most certainly exists, and has its own website.

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/barefootgirl/hs.htm

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Research Assistant 2

Re: An excellent High School girl paddling story

January 30 2008, 7:45 PM 

Here, from the archives, is another account of a high school paddling that may well be true. The author is “Megan”.

In the spring of 1993 I was a seventeen year old high school senior in the Sandhills Region of North Carolina. Our school district issued a parent/student handbook each fall containing some rather vague references to corporal punishment but with nothing clearly spelled out beyond its availability as "a disciplinary option." Some years before, the county school board had voted for some modifications in their paddling policies, largely in response to a 1981 incident in which three girls were severely paddled, some would say abusively, by a male staff member. That affair led to a lawsuit against the district and focused a good deal of unwanted media attention on the paddling in schools issue. One significant change to come about was the implimentation of a same gender rule, i.e., that girls were to receive licks only from a female administrator or teacher.

Although I was aware that licks were authorized, the possibility of actually receiving any myself was not something I had ever seriously contemplated, save once. In middle school I was an active combatant in what certain of my classmates humorously (and otherwise) named "The Great Lillington Food Fight of 1989." This messy affair was sparked by ill will between two opposing student cliques, and began with verbal taunts in the lunchline that rapidly escalated into all-out confrontation during which Yours Truly fired a paper cup of applesauce. The gooey projectile failed to strike its intended target and sailed through the double doors into the hallway wither it splattered against the lockers. While several belligerents were rounded up and marched away to face summary justice in the principal's office, my role somehow remained undetected. I passed three of the most anxious hours of my life until the bell mercifully rang at 3:20, fearing from moment to moment the intercom would buzz with the dread order to go report to the office. It didn't, a fact for which I was sincerely grateful to whatever kindly providence had spared my backside.

Paddling was not a subject much discussed by anyone at school, maybe out of embarrassment, but some who had found themselves on the receiving end laughed it off as a joke. While paddlings did happen from time to time they were a comparative rarity, and it appeared to me that most violations resulted in detention or a simple reprimand.

I began smoking at age 16, a habit I acquired from my friend Amanda. While my mom never actually forbade me to smoke, she disliked it and missed no oppertunity to say so. Mom was a lifelong nonsmoker and was equally disapproving of my dad's pipe. So, wearying of her maternal admonitions against the evils of tobacco, I let her believe I had quit when in truth I hadn't, and continued to sneak the occasional puff in my room.

Late in March of my senior year we were enjoying the first warm days of spring, and during the lunch hour everybody congregated outside on the lawn or in the parking lot. Amanda and I were sitting at a picnic table on the west side of the building when she made the gesture of pulling on a cigarette and exhaling. She nodded towards the building, and I understood her to mean we should go to an upstairs washroom for a quick smoke, something we'd done before without problems. I didn't refuse, although a couple of weeks before I served 120 minutes detention for smoking in the parking lot.

We went through the doors and up the staircase. The 2nd floor washroom is just to the left as you come up, and we were glad to find the hallway entirely empty. Marlboros were my brand of choice, and I had a pack with three cigarettes rolled up in my pocket. We hung out for 15 minutes before it was time to head back downstairs. But as luck would have it, just as we were going an old hag art teacher, Mrs. Gilly, pushed open the door and confronted us: "Are you girls smoking in here?" Busted ! There was no way to deny what we were up to because, first, the smell made it obvious, second, a few blue wisps of smoke hung in the air catching the sunlight, and third - most damning of all - the red and white Marlboro pack was conspicuously in my right hand. She confiscated this contraband and hauled our sorry hind ends down to the Assistant Principal's office.

Entering the school's main office, off the central corridor, to the far left there's a door marked "Assistant Principal." Through this door is a small waiting room with a window to your right and a few office chairs. Directly in front of you is the door to the A.P.'s real office, which we walked though. Amanda and I sat on chairs in front of the Assistant Principal's desk. She was a woman in her mid 30's named Jessica Dodd who was in her first year with the district and was someone I didn't know well. She listened to what Mrs. Gilly had to say and took the incriminating Marlboro pack from her, causing me to lose a perfectly good cigarette on top of all else ! Once Mrs. Gilly left Ms. Dodd asked to hear our side, and with such favorite adolescent monosyllables as "um" and "yea" we effectively conceded our guilt.

Ms. Dodd lectured us on smoking: "Don't you realize it's bad for your health?" and "Didn't you know this campus is smoke free?" (We couldn't plead ignorance on No.2 - the student handbook did clearly say as much.) Neither of us offered much in reply. Ms. Dodd stood up from her desk and walked to the grey metal filing cabinets in the corner. Taking out two manila folders, our student files for her office, she returned to the desk and began paging through their contents. Finally laying them to one side, she looked at us and said she saw from our records that this was the third violation that quarter for each of us. This was so. As mentioned before, I was caught smoking in the parking lot and also skipped a day in early March. Amanda had skipped with me and had another violation I don't recall. Ms. Dodd then said that under the policies adopted by the county school board she had the "option" (her word) of using corporal punishment in lieu of detention for a third violation. It occured to me that if this was, in fact, the official policy, it was not clearly spelled out in any information ever provided to me. What she said next gave me the feeling of an electric charge in the pit of my stomach: "I think you ladies could benefit from a paddlng. I'm sorry, but I really do."

Opening a desk drawer she took out two blue slips of paper. These were Parental Consent Forms whose use was only recently mandated by the Board. She handed one to each of us, said to have mom or dad sign it and to bring it in to her at 7:30 the following morning. The current rule is that parents must indicate by checking the form and signing whether corporal punishment can be administered for a violation, and detention is automatically assigned if permission for licks is denied. Ms. Dodd told us to get ready for our next class at 12:45 and we walked out into the hallway. Once out of the office, Amanda was nonchalant "Don't worry about it. I got it in 9th and it wasn't too bad." I assured her I was not worried in any way because "My mom will never let this happen!" I was 100% sure of that, too.

Mom hit the ceiling when, at 4:00 that afternoon, I 'fessed up about what happened. We engaged in verbal sparring for the better part of two hours, and she was really torqued off. First, she was upset at more trouble in school when I'd just pulled detention for skipping, plus the revelation of my having also served detention for a previous smoking incident, something he hadn't known. Mom also felt I'd lied to her, having led her to think I'd quit smoking when I hadn't. To cut to the chase, she said she'd give her permission for licks because, quote: "You have to learn that sometimes when you break rules there are going to be consequences you don't like!" (Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, mom! Thanks for that lesson in logic. I guess I'd never have figured that out otherwise, now would I?) It made no difference how I tried to talk, plead or whine my way out of it. She wasn't listening and I gave up arguing.

That evening I had some English homework on The Merchant of Venice and I remember the movie I was trying to watch when my boyfriend Jeff stopped over at 7:30 The flick had Johnny Cash as a sheriff in the 1940's and Andy Griffith as a guy who'd killed somebody for stealing a cow. It was probably an okay movie, but my mind was distracted and I was growing more and more apprehensive over what would happen in the morning. Jeff asked me if something was wrong and I told him no. Out of sheer embarrassment, I intimated nothing about what had happened and nothing about my hiney's impending doom. After he left I considered phoning Amanda with the idea if her parents had refused to give permission, then my mom might still be dissuaded. But I never called.

I went to bed around 10:00 and had no trouble falling asleep. Morning dawned all too soon, and I had to get up and get ready for school. I put on jeans and plain white cotton panties, with a pullover top and sneakers. I wore a gold chain on my left wrist, a gift the previous Christmas from Jeff, and had my hair tied back as I normally wore it then. Mom had piled my books and stuff on the kitchen counter. Protruding from between the pages of one, where I couldn't fail to see it, was the blue consent form, checked, signed and folded. Looking back at it now, I'll say that had I known she'd really give her permission for the paddling I'd have forged her signature and left her in the dark about what had happened. I have no memory of breakfast, only that I had no appetite. With mounting anxiety I realized if I refused to be paddled after mom gave her okay, I would be automatically suspended with failing grades for the quarter, something that simply wasn't in the picture. I was trying to maintain my g.p.a. with graduation was only two months ahead. I threw on a white windbreaker and left without the usual Good Byes, giving the door a slam - but not as hard as I'd have liked to !

My wheels took the form of a 1975 Monte Carlo my dad had found for me in Fayetteville, one of those with the radical long hoods, light blue with white vinyl roof. With eight blocks to drive to school, I drove through the Stop-and-Go lights down the block and switched on the radio to WDKS-FM. They were playing Alan Parsons Project "Eye in the Sky" as I turned into the parking lot and pulled up in my usual spot. Needless to say, hearing that song today always sends me right back to that time and place.

I walked into the building and went to my locker to deposit my windbreaker. Probably almost blushing with self consciousness, I went through the main office where, thankfully, no one paid any attention. I was happy to see only a few school secretaries and no other kids hanging around. On entering the waiting area, I saw two desks had been brought in since yesterday. Amanda was seated at one, writing on some lined paper. I said hi, and she mumbled "hi" back, nothing more. Undoubtedly her emotions were exactly in sync with mine: fear, anger and embarrassment.

Amanda was wearing white Levis and a red sweat shirt with the school logo in white. She was a member of The Rubies, the school's danceline troupe that performed at games, Homecoming and so on. Ms. Dodd stepped out of the office and asked for the consent form which I had folded up small in my hand - very small, that is, not wanting anyone I might encounter to suspect what was happening. She scanned it, then handed me some lined paper. "Megan, I want you to write these sentences fifty times. 'I was paddled for smoking on school property. I will not commit this offense again.' Then, when you're done, just sign it at the bottom, understand?" I understood, and plopped down to begin scribbling these words of wisdom.

Amanda had been there awhile and was halfway through her sentences. I made an effort to stimulate conversation but she had little to say and remained intently focused on her writing. For just a moment she put her head down on her arms and I thought she would start crying, but she didn't. I desperately wanted to say something that might help, but could think of nothing at all. Amanda put down her pen and ran her finger down one side of the paper then the other, making certain she'd completed all fifty sentences. She stood up quickly and walked into the office, her whole demeanor seeming to say "OK, FINE, LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH NOW." I overheard Jessica Dodd click the intercom and say something about "come down now..." She was summoning another teacher to act as witness, a precaution required by North Carolina law in event Amanda or I would claim our punishments were excessive or abusive.

The witness evidently knew what she was coming for, but hadn't been told who was involved. The door from the main office opened a minute later and she walked in. Her name was Andrea Kelly, somewhere in her mid 20's, an English teacher who was also in charge of the drama club. I knew Ms. Kelly but never had one of her classes. "Oh, hi Megan" she chirped, just like she'd run into me at the mall or somewhere. "What are you doing in here?" I told her quickly what had happened, thinking maybe she would or could do something to get us out of the mess we were in. No such luck. She arched her eyebrows in a somewhat reproachful look, said "Hmmmmmmmmmm, well...." and went into the office shutting the door behind her.

Sitting alone at the desk, cheery spring sunshine beaming in the windows, my stomach doing flip flops and feelings of anxiety heightening by the second, I emphatically did not find the notion of being paddled to be a joke casually laughed off. The situation was truly intimidating. I was worried I'd cry when getting spanked and hoped I'd be able to hold it back and not show any emotions. I feared if Amanda cried, I'd be more likely to when feeling the sting of the paddle a few minutes later. I reasoned if I could survive the licks without tears, Ms. Dodd would think it hadn't much hurt and thus I'd preserve some dignity. I was not a happy camper, as they used to say, but I was acutely aware we were being punished for willful infractions of the school rules and that punishment isn't meant for fun.

From inside the office I could hear voices, but the words were unintelligible. Then, sudden and startling, "CRACK!!!" Silence. I was thankful Amanda hadn't screamed. Nervous as the proverbial long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, if Amanda had screamed so would I ! 10 to 15 seconds later ...."CRACK!!!!!" Silence again. Amanda was doing okay with it until, that is, she got her 4th lick, greeted with a sharp yelp of "WOO-HOO!!" Maybe ten seconds later was her fifth and final lick, at which she seemed to gasp and stifle a scream. Apart from this I heard nothing, and felt a certain relief that Amanda's paddling hadn't seemed quite as severe an ordeal as I'd feared.

Within half a minute Amanda came out, her face flushed and eyes moist, appearing angry and sullen. Looking at her I stammered "Did it hurt?" (Dumb question, huh?) Amanda shot back, "My God, Megan! Do you HAVE to be such a baby about everything?" She grabbed her jacket and books and stormed out.

Jessica Dodd came to the door, telling me to "hurry up and finish writing." Done at last, I forced myself away from the desk and entered her office. For the sake of drama I wish it were possible for me to write that I was replaying in my mind the "Last Mile" scene from some corny Jimmy Cagney movie, but I wasn't. All I was thinking is that I wanted this over and done with, and right now.

Ms. Dodd took the paper from me, and I was told "sit down for just a minute" while she and Ms. Kelly tinkered with a FAX machine on the small table to the right of the door as you walked in. Sitting in the exact same spot as the day before, on an office chair in front of her desk, it occured to me it was still within my power to stop this. Nobody could prevent me from simply walking out, firing up the Monte Carlo and driving away. But, to avoid being paddled in this way would have entailed academic consequences I couldn't afford, namely failing grades for the quarter two months before graduation. Not a cool option, and I stayed put. My eyes were all over that room with its tacky aqua carpeting and walls painted off white. There was a window behind the desk, and as I sat there a semi or heavy Diesel truck of some kind rumbled past on the street, the driver for some reason giving a blast on its deep air horn. Why this sticks in my mind I cannot say. My eyes darted all over the office for the paddle, but it was nowhere to be seen. Rumor had it the paddles were made downstairs in the woodworking shop and there were two designs: essentially the same, but a slightly lighter version for girls. Having never actually seen the "Board of Education" I was unsure what to expect. Uncomfortably warm, self conscious and edgy, I felt like screaming at Ms. Dodd and Ms. Kelly "WILL YOU GET ON WITH IT, DAMN YOU ?! "

Whatever the problem was with the FAX, they got it resolved. Ms. Dodd told me to stand up, and Andrea Kelly walked over and shoved my chair to the left and up against the wall. Ms. Dodd asked if there was anything in my back pockets, and I removed a pocket comb and a couple of coins and laid them on the desk. The Assistant Principal walked over to those same filing cabinets that held our records, reached behind it and brought out the paddle. Seeing it made my heart go up in my throat. About 20" long and 4" wide, it looked to be about a half inch thick. It was made from light colored wood and appeared heavy. One end was sawed in to form the handle which was wrapped in black tape. My sister Laurie, who is now a high school English teacher, later told me this is done to provide a better grip.

Ms. Dodd stood by the filing cabinet and told me to "lean way forward" over the front of her desk. The usual desk clutter, including a lamp and telephone, had been pushed to one side. Being out of options I did as ordered, resting my weight on my elbows and crossing my arms. Just as I bent down the first bell rang, and from out in the hallway filtered in the sound of people going back and forth, locker doors slamming and all the mundane noises of the start of the school day. The faded blue denim of my jeans stretched tightly across my upturned buttocks and was uncomfortable.

Once I was bent down, Jessica Dodd walked away from the filing cabinets and to my left and a little ways behind. Andrea Kelly stood to my right, near the door to the waiting room, arms folded and staring at the floor. She didn't seem happy at being there. Turning my head to see what Ms. Dodd was doing, I saw she had the paddle in her right hand and was tapping it against the palm of her left. We had a moment's eye contact, and she said to stand with my feet a little further apart. I was still looking back when she touched the paddle to the seat of my jeans and I recall that spooky pressure only too well. The paddle felt hard and solid and cold. No pain yet, but the sick thought that heartbeats from now it would burn like hellfire.

Ms. Dodd rubbed the paddle slightly from left to right, lining it up to take aim, making a slight rustling sound. Laurie, ever a fountainhead of information, would also later tell me this is done as a precaution in order to avoid striking the lower back or legs. Jessica Dodd swung the paddle way back to her right. I turned my face forward and concentrated on the wall beneath the window behind her desk. I tensed, clenching the muscles in my butt, clenching my teeth, balling my hands into fists, and telling myself "HERE IT IS AND IT ISN"T GOING TO BE SO BAD !"

"whoooooosssshhh .......... CRRRAACK !!!!!!!!" The sound and the sensation was like a firecracker exploding. And HURT? It burned like I had just sat on a hot stove. I swallowed hard, determined they wouldn't see me cry. A few seconds passed. Jessica Dodd again lined up the paddle against my backside and delivered the second lick. With buttocks already sore and throbbing and hot, the second spank seared across my bottom with such intensity that I quite literally saw stars. I kid you not, as Bogart says in The Caine Mutiny. I was whacked with enough force knock me forward a little and up onto my toes. Struggling to seem in control, I steeled myself and concentrated on not breaking down. The Assistant Principal repeated the routine, again lining up the paddle on my now sizzling backside for a few seconds, and cracked my butt a third time. On top of the accumulated pain of two slaps within 30 seconds, the sting was far sharper than I'd anticipated and salty tears welled up in my eyes. Like Amanda, my self control couldn't survive the 4th spank. "THWACCCCKK !!!!" I screamed. Jumping up from the desk and placing both hands on my bottom, hot tears rolling down my cheeks, I blubbered to Jessica Dodd "I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE OF THIS !!!!!!........"

Ms. Kelly walked over and asked very quietly if I was all right. I was afraid to answer, knowing my voice would crack if I did. Ms. Dodd said I was required to take all five licks "or it doesn't count," but "it's okay if you need a minute to recover." Andrea Kelly handed me a Kleenex. Stepping away from them, I stood by the office window, eyes bleary with tears and gradually regaining some control. More than anything else I needed to avoid breaking down completely. The assistant principal and the witness stood in front of the desk while I passed a couple of minutes leaning against the window, bottom afire and burning with deeper shame and humiliation than I'd ever felt in my life. Finally, Andrea Kelly walked over and in that same quiet little voice said "Megan, I think it would be a good idea if you took the last one while you're still numb." I turned away from the window and came to the front of the desk, avoiding eye contact with both, and bent over. Right off, without lining up the paddle, Jessica Dodd gave me my last lick, pretty hard but not quite as hard as the first four. "That's all, Meg" and she said I could stand up. Ms. Dodd offered a pen and said I could sign my name on the paddle as this was a "school tradition." I declined. She shrugged her shoulders and said "Up to you." A number of signatures were scrawled on the paddle. Someone had drawn a "Smiley Face."

The paddle had a small hole in the upper handle, and she returned it to the hook behind the cabinets. She turned and in a very matter of fact voice, just like she was discussing the weather, told me I could go and to get ready for homeroom. I didn't say a word, but picked up my comb and coins from the desk and walked into the waiting area to grab my books. Three school secretaries stood behind the counter in the main office, two of them just a few years older than me. All three wore grins on their faces as though sharing a private joke, and one looked directly at me. They'd obviously overheard the two of us being punished and must have found the whole thing funny.

Andrea Kelly followed me into the hallway. "Megan, were you ever paddled before?" I told her I hadn't. "Well, I'm sure this'll be the only time, hon." I had the impression she wished to say more, maybe that she didn't approve of what she'd just seen, but she didn't. Once in the washroom, I spashed cold water on my face, combed my air and went to homeroom at 8:30.

The intense sting wore off in a few minutes, but I was hot and headachy all day, the hard desk chairs feeling uncomfortable. For the remainder of that day the sensation in my nether regions was like a bad sunburn, and my jeans felt tight and chaffed. Returning home that afternoon I showered and checked for damage in the full length mirror in the bathroom. My bottom was still reddish to dark pink with some bruising on the right cheek but not the left. No welts like I figured there might be. The bruise lasted a few days, but the redness was largely faded by the next morning. For a couple of days I experienced an annoying "twang" of discomfort when sitting on a hard surface or moving in just the wrong way.

At the time, I had a part time job Thursday and some Friday evenings at Food Lion, working at the courtesy counter from 5:00 to 8:00 PM. So there I was, a young woman old enough to drive and hold employment, conversant with the facts of life, and mature in most ways, at my job with a sore bottom because of being spanked like an eight year old a few hours before. The irony was not lost on me, not then and not now.

For awhile after the paddling I carried around feelings of shame and self pity. You might say the paddle had stung my pride more than my 17 year old backside, and I'll admit that's true. The following weekend I told the whole story to my older sister. She was sympathetic to the emotions caused by the spanking, but not to the behavior that resulted in it. She helped me place it in clearer perspective when she said, "Well, I know it was painful but now it's over and done with. It's nothing to worry about." She told me she didn't "exactly agree" with our mom giving permission, but it would be best to simply regard it all as a part of growing up. That was wise advice which I have followed.

Bob T

January 31 2008, 3:36 AM 

Well, the gender genie says Tonya is female but I have trouble believing ANY girl was paddled as many times as she claims to have been. Girls just are not paddled for trivial offenses. To make matters worse, she had two other girls with her. Having grown up in these kinds of schools, I know it just did not happen. If a girl got paddled, it was BIG news. Parents got involved and it was a big deal.

On the other hand Hazard Ky is in an area where this sort of thing might be common. It's a heavily wooded area in the mountains. Sparsely populated and full of backward red necks. It's maybe 100 miles from where the Hatfields and the McCoys had their feud.

Steve M

January 31 2008, 7:07 PM 

BOB

The interesting thing here is the sting in the tail.

Like most female-spanking stories, an elder statesman or woman always manages to emphasise the correctness of the punishment, and usually near the end of the story. These stories are always written by men, of course.

I've also yet to meet any American whose English comes out of a grammar text-book, as this person's does.

Steve M

Someone who knows

Insolent Stevie M.

February 17 2008, 9:25 AM 

I know that you think it's cool to sound off like one of the typical condescending broken records who regularly post to this list, but you are so far off base here that I simply cannot ignore your lame diatribe.

Look dude, I actually know her. She is most definitely a to-die-for female, and there is nothing in her rhetoric here that would suggest otherwise. This is the true story of how she was forced to come to terms with an aspect of her dark side that she has been aware of since she was a child. I have photos of her back then, and I have photos of her today. I also have her above story, which was written to me in her own hand, shortly after it happened to her. If her words in the version of her account which is printed here come across to you as being more professional than you are accustomed to, it is no sign of her lack of authenticity. She happens to have a better command of the English language than most of you on this list will ever be able to comprehend.

I pity the fool who would confuse her writing ability with a fabrication that was penned by her opposite gender. Bow your heads and weep!

Disciplinarian

Tonya Paddled

February 18 2008, 10:11 PM 

Thanks to "someone who knows" for confirming the authenticity of Tonya's story.

The story page features a nice picture of Tonya, in 97' (the year she was paddled) sitting on a rock smiling. She is a very pretty red haired girl, with very fair skin, and a delicate, willowy, feminine figure. I like to imagine her bent over the desk with legs well spread apart, getting her tender, sensitive, feminine buttocks well roasted, and blazing red from the 5 brutal swats of a heavy paddle which she describes in her account. The fact that she looks to be sitting comfortably in the picture, is an indication that it must have been taken either before, or at least many days after, her paddling!!

Someone Who Knows

Tonya and Megan Paddled

February 19 2008, 4:43 AM 

Hi Disciplinarian,

I realized after I sent my original response to this thread that I had mistakenly allowed myself to be ambiguous. I am deeply sorry for having done that. The person who I was writing about in my original response is Megan. It appeared to me as though that was the person who Steve M. was referring to when he wrote his comments before mine.

As for Tonya, I have no doubt in my mind that her account is also authentic, but I am unable to back her up, because I do not know her.

Another interesting note that I would like to share with you is that I have made a lot of friends on another forum of the same topic that is located in South Africa. Many of the people I have chatted with on that board are of the opposite gender, and are of the age to have been in school in South Africa, before the use of the cane was discontinued. All of these acquaintances have acquired, shall we say "a fondness" for CP, as the result of their experiences while at school. Their current partner for their interest in CP today, is in many cases their spouse. The interesting note is that all of these women have disclosed to me that, comparing the experience of being caned with the experience of being paddled, having to take the paddle is by far the most painful of the two.

I don't know what else to do but to take them at their word. Do any of you have any comments to share with the forum on this topic?

Steve M

February 19 2008, 10:10 PM 

You don't say whether you are male or female. If the latter, you do the prerogative to change your mind, of course.

But your last post tells us you don't know this "girl",the previous one that you do.

Make your bloody mind up!

Or is she a female impersonator? We've all been made fools of by them,and I'll happily admit to it-though at age 14.

And if "she" wants to confront her dark side, just look at some of the excellent alt metal/goth CD's on my e-bay site!

Much less painful than writing long stories on the net!

I'm also bloody sure that any woman who can remember what colour panties she wore on the day must be pretty remarkable. Not to mention male,as that word is always used by blokes these days,even over the pond!

Steve M

Disciplinarian

Reply to Someone who Knows

February 20 2008, 1:04 AM 

Hi Someone who Knows

Thank you for your reply, and I apologise that I misconstrued your previous post.

I have some friends and aquaintances from South Africa of a similar age to myself (late 40s), who tell many stories of canings in S African schools in the 60s and 70s, and who have aquired a fascination with CP as a result.

Speaking for myself I attended a secondary modern school in England in the early 70s which, unusually for this country, used the paddle instead of the cane. The paddles were made in the school's woodwork shop, and were similar to those used in USA schools. They were made of hard, dense wood, (Abura, I believe) about 2 feet long, 4 inches wide and about 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick, with holes drilled in them. Paddlings were nearly always done by the two woodwork teachers, to whom boys were sent to be punished at the whim of any of the other teachers in the school. The teachers who were most fond of sending boys to the woodwork room for paddling, were mostly the younger women teachers, who would then make cruel jibes about the boy's sore bottom on his return to the class (much to the amusement of the girls in the class). Officially, only boys were given corporal punishment. There were, however, rumours of a particular female teacher having an arrangement with the woodwork teacher to secretly borrow his paddle, when required, to use on girls. As no girl who was paddled would ever admit to it, these rumours could never be verified.

As to whether the paddle or the cane is most painful, having only ever had the paddle myself, I cannot really compare. All I can say, is that 4 or 5 swats given full strength with the paddles used at my school, was excrutiating, and set my bum on fire for many hours, and left it red and sore for several days. I got my first paddling at 11, and averaged about one paddling per week through till I was 15, when I left school. This is why I am as I am today. By the time I was 12 or 13, I had become sexualised to paddling and CP (although at that age, you dont't understand that the strange excitements and stirrings you experience when receiving or thinking about paddlings, is to do with sex).

Someone who knows

English Schools That Used the Paddle

February 20 2008, 8:26 AM 

Hi Disciplinarian,

I find it completely believable that your English secondary modern school used the paddle to administer CP, rather than the cane. I also find it fascinating! I wonder, do have any knowledge as to why the paddle was chosen as the instrument to be used at your school? Usually there is something behind a decision to buck a national tradition and follow a different norm. The use of the paddle at your school is just as unusual as some of the private schools in the U.S.A. who have chosen to use the cane as their sanctioned form of CP.

A rather humorous depiction of the question that I have posed concerning which is worse, the cane or the paddle, was taken up by the Czech film makers, Lupus Pictures, in their 2003 production of "The Nightmare From The Headmaster's Study", LP-016. Of course, in the film they did not take themselves so serious as to actually attempt to answer the question.

Still, the thing that you and Megan and so many other people all have in common is the effect that your CP experiences have had upon your psyches. I also think that the aspect of personal trauma that is associated with the CP experience comes into play as well. Just how all of these factors are processed by the brain into future elements of person's sexuality is what is the most difficult of all for me to understand. And especially in light of the many people who acknowledge that they are also just as affected by the CP aura, while at the same time claiming to have never in their lives been corporally disciplined.

What you have described to us in your post above concerning the frequent and very painful paddlings that you experienced in your school certainly does sound like a series of experiences that you must have gone out of your way to ensure were awarded to you. It sounds like in your case, the use of the paddle was not a deterrent to your behavior at all, but rather it was an encouragement. Your counselors at school should have been enlightened enough to have recognized the pattern in your behavior, and have done something to stop it. But, is that what you really would have wanted?

mimi

February 20 2008, 7:59 PM 

The Woodwork, Art and Tech Drwg teachers at my sec school in N London all used various types of makeshift wooden "paddles".Courtesy I guess of the woodwok class.
No receipt experience myself other than witnessing a few " one whackers" and a two whacker to my mate that bought tears to his eyes at 14.
The normal instrument was the slipper from any other teacher and the cane from the head.

Someone Who Knows

Splendid contribution from Mimi

February 21 2008, 1:52 AM 

Hi Mimi,

Thank you for your description of the implements used for CP at your secondary school in North London. Do you know if the position that was required for a student to assume, differed at all between when the paddle was used in those certain classes, and when the Head used the cane in his office? Do you also know if it was generally considered to be a worse punishment to have to be caned by the head, or did some fear the paddle that was used in those special classes even more?

From your description, it sounds like boys could be paddled or slippered in class in front of all of those who were present in the room. Do you know if the same was also true of the girls? Was it done at the head of the class, so as to be visible to all of those with eyes looking straight ahead? If that was so, then was the recipient required to face the class, or position themselves with their backs to the class?

mimi

February 21 2008, 2:19 AM 

The cane was given by the head in his office. I never got it! Judging by the effect on the recepients it was hell. It varied between hand and bottom depending on which mood the sadistic dwarf was in.
Class punishments were normally given sideways on for both boys and girls. It was quite usual for several slipperings to be given per lesson. It stung but was not too bad. Girls of course cried though.
As for the "paddlings" they were given as the slipper above.
The Tech drg teacher had a triangular shaped thing which tapered from about 1" to 6" over 18" by 1" thick.
The Art teacher had a paralell thing about 2" wide by 18" long by 1" Thick.
The Woodwork teacher had one shaped like a USA paddle.
I now also recall that the metalwork teacher used a bit of flat steel bar about 24" of 1"X .125 thick.
The Science teacher used a Yardstick.
Except for the art teacher the other lessons were boys only.
Funny how this thread has made me remember things in such detail.
It would seem that they could use whatever they liked, all unofficial of course but who would be daft enough to complain and get sent to the head for the cane.
Befeore anyone asks, skirts were very short and naturally cleared the area when a girl bent over. Normally NBKs were revealed.
Oh bitter sweet memories.Amazing we all grew up normal.
BTW I am male, Mimi is a nom de plume.

Georgiec

February 21 2008, 3:25 PM 

Just one question, mimi (and thanks for being honest that you're male - male memories are just as valid as pseudo-females):

To your knowledge did girls get the cane on the behind from the Headmaster, or did they only get it on the hand?

Oh - I suppose another question - up to what age roughly did all of this go on?

mimi

February 21 2008, 9:08 PM 

I have no "first hand" knowledge of the headmaster caning girls.
As I recall the senior Mistress dealt with girls privately. I know of one instance when a girl got six from her on the hand in private.
Girls got slippered and spanked in class though.
Age was from 11 to leaving school, I left at 16, I do not doubt that if a girl needed it at 18 that she got it.
I imagine that the P E mistress was a slipperer but did not witness it.
I had a girl friend whose P E mistress slippered girls on the bare, in her office. Heard by the others outside. I was told that they came out in various forms of undress and distress.
PS I do not recall any slips being displayed

Bob T

February 22 2008, 8:40 PM 

Someone who knows is obviously Roger from the now defunct Paddled at School forum. Megen wrote several accounts for that forum as I recall.

Someone Who Knows

It was never my intention to taunt

February 23 2008, 7:56 AM 

Hi Bob T.,

I am so sorry that the question of my identity has become an issue of intrigue. It was never my intention that that would happen. It's just that I am basically a private person for whom it is out of character to flaunt my good fortune in knowing Megan. Yet, on the other hand, I am naturally very protective of her, and quick to jump to her defense whenever I perceive that a slander has been levied against her persona.

We actually go back farther than the advent of the "Paddled At School" board. In fact, we go back to the times before the advent of the Internet. It was back when people used to correspond using hard mail that was delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. When I wrote above that I have her story which was written to me shortly after it happened, and in her own hand, I actually meant that it was written to me in her own hand.

I also have a lock of her silky blond hair, and she has a 12ft. long bull whip that I sent her along with the instruction to embrace intimately when she sleeps at night. There are some things that a person cannot say using email.

Paul

my response

March 29 2010, 6:01 PM 

I enjoyed your story. I had been paddled many times. I can remember one particular paddling I got with very great detail because of the pain inflicted on me. Without going into great detail I will tell you that I was in the sixth grade I had to wear a costume and a pair of white tights for a play. I took too long getting dressed my female teacher gave me ten swats while I was still in my play costume. Very humiliating and extremly painful. It took a week for me to be able to sit again. true story this happenad 35 years ago.

American Way

Real Paddlings!!!

March 30 2010, 7:11 PM 

Are you tired of phony paddling stories? Try these on for size. Enjoy. Are these real or what? Real people. Real teachers. I'm sure you agree. Warmest seats in Alaska. Ouch Ouch Ouch. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

http://eo-eo.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=68299290625&topic=7013">Worst Swat Memory

Rebecca (Becky):

Jodie and I stuffed toilet paper in our underwear to cushion the blow on the way to the office.
Mrs. VanDusen had broken her foot and couldn't give swats so they said they'd call us later. After last period they called us down. The tp had moved all around and we were trying to adjust when the tall blonde lady who's husband made you write the longest sentence in the world for punishment, came in.
When she swatted Jodie is made a Poof noise and she asked what that was. Jodie told her it was her corduroy skirt. If I weren't crying so hysterically at the time I would have laughed. She made me bend over and grab a chair and I kept jumping out of the way when she swung. She eventually landed it and Jodie and I shuffled to the locker room to look at our rear ends. It hurt too bad to let the skin stretch.

Shannon:

We were immediately sent down to the office for swats. Being a swat-virgin, I was completely horrified and Jodie comforts me with "don't worry, we'll just head to the bathroom and pad our behinds." Obviously something she learned from you!! So off we went and I put as much toilet paper in my pantyhose as humanly possible. We got to the office and Mrs. Lewis (the younger one--same lady as you maybe?) asks if we ever had swats before. Jodie nodded so she told her to bend over the chair. She WOMPED on her so hard I was stunned speechless. I don't think the toilet paper could even help that poor butt. Then she told me I was next and I was trembling in fear. She patted my bum so softly, I couldn't even feel it. All I heard was a little poof sound. Jodie couldn't believe it either! I figured this is what happens to all first-timers... but I never went back to find out what happens the second time around!! Oh and I never forgot to turn in anything for that darn term paper ever again! I remember the paddle at school being this big board with holes in it to give swift swinging action!!

Gerrie:

We knew this one day we were on the list so I took those little fuzzy footie slippers and stuffed them into my pantyhose, I also wore like 3 xtra slips under my skirt. We were privileged that day to have Mrs. Mason giving the swats, Boy could she swing a paddle! The first swat went. Puff, then there was a pause... Mrs. Mason asked me if there was anything I would like to tell her, I said No Ma'am, she said do you have something extra on under your skirt, I knew I was busted so I said yes I had a few extra slips on... she asked me to remove them, I did... and I assumed the position again... I got the second swat, which really became the first one since the first one really did not count do to the xtra slips. The second swat also had puff sound and then another pause, with some giggles from the other girls in the office.... Mrs. Mason asked me if there was anything else I might want to remove, I said No Ma'am, she then asked me to lift up my skirt and slip, that is when she started cracking up.... at first I was relieved that she was laughing, I though maybe she might let me go... no such luck, she made me remove the footies from my pant hose and started all over with the swats, the whole time she was laughing... I have to admit, it was kinda funny!
Then there was one time I was getting swats from Mrs Roach, she took us into a class room. She had a different position for us, she told me to bend over and grab my ankles, this was new to me, I was use to putting my hands on a desk, well I bent over and grabbed my ankles and Mrs. Roach gave the first swing, the paddle hit my behind and a tumbled over and did a summer salt... she started laughing so hard she told us to just go back to class, I was grateful that I only got one swat but had a horrible headache the rest of the day.
I look back now and it just makes me laugh.... To this day I love Mrs. "Mason"McDonald!!!

American Way

Lets try that link again

March 30 2010, 7:15 PM 

American Way

March 31 2010, 3:32 PM 

I received corporal punishment at Briarwood Christian School is on Facebook. Biblical language of corporal correction used instead of corporal punishment. The school still paddles with love. Maybe they should as Bob T suggested love your neighbor as yourself and take paddlings themsselves maybe from their fellow teachers of administrators. Teacher chatboard has expunged stories of teachers giving paddling sample not same gender tutorials to newbies never mind a video that ruins moral credibility. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif The one about the woman egging the coach she was infatuated with too kinky for the moderators but may be more credible.. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif I'm not 100% sure they were expunged but have not been able to find them.

Some states ban CP in public schools but not in private schools but the state upholds standards. No one really knows how many children are being paddled. The Anchorage Christian School does not permit it now but Briarwood does and that may have a lot to do with Briarwood being in Alabama. Facebook and Myspace must be replete with memories of corporal punishment with some recent ones than posted in the second link. Memories of the students can fade and some may be fabricated so you can't say it's gospel truth. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif Did any here have penpals? I did. I never trusted their photos. These girls can't all be that pretty unless someone only paddled the pretty ones or only the pretty ones were bad. Jenny please take note. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif Now that's another thing that wouldn't happen and I don't think it did with my too oft ridiculed or loathed martices (IMHO) that make some in this estimable Forum uneasy. Alan Turing even recently I have agreed with more often than not.

Facebook discussion of CP at Briarwood

Briarwood accounts from dicey source

Bob T

March 31 2010, 7:56 PM 

AW; That picture of a paddle used as an avatar in your first link looks like the typical school paddle. That is what most kids in this country get hit with at school. They were i little thicker when I was in school and they didn't really round over the edges. They didn't give it much thought back then. These thinner rounder paddles are a result of the anti-scp trend over the last 20 years or so.

You don't see those girls mention the pain very often. So it seems the teachers paddled often but not too hard. They seem to mention the embarrassment more often and it is a major componant in scp especially if done in front of the class.

American Way

March 31 2010, 8:18 PM 

There are some anti-CP on this page that's mostly men. I have found two pages. Are there more from this school's facebook? You're right about that paddle. They wouldn't be showing any other than their own. It's not a matter of downloading an image at random. I have no doubt that's what's being used today.

Bob T I am not too sure about moderation in paddling at that school. When a parent finds bruises on their babies bottom at the end of the week and she is afraid of her parents is the ultimate Godification of corporal punishment or the abomination of abominations. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Say Amen after the first lick. I thought that was at the end of the prayer. That's worse than thank you may I have another. happy.gif

Elijah Seritt My dad appreciates the daily beatings he recieved from Coach Young and the rest of the teachers that actually cared about the students. Really dig the tactfulness of the first lick right on AMEN. Made him a better person for sure!! We are all for it at this house!!!

What's with the foreign writing? Briarwood is in Alabama.

http://pa-in.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=158139065346

Bob T

March 31 2010, 8:41 PM 

I was curious about the foreign writing too. The sad part about the whole "spare the rod" thing is it is and always has been a mis-translation or interpretation of the original Hebrew and kids have been getting beatings ever since the St. James version came out. Maybe before that. I think maybe the Latin version was translated from Greek rather than Hebrew and that is where the confusion began. This is not just my opinion. I watched a History Channel program that went into it in depth. I was convinced at the end.

Alan Turing

Foreign language

March 31 2010, 9:15 PM 

The foreign language notes on the Facebook page are written in the script used for many Indian languages (eg Hindi, though can't offer an opinion on the detail). Another clue is that the web address is "pa-in.facebook.com".

Toby-John

Spare the Rod

March 31 2010, 10:04 PM 

Hello Bob T
I have just Googled "Spare the rod and spoil the child"

which naturally gave several options

one of the first was:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/spankin13.htm
It has a lot to say, but here are some headlines.

Overview:
The biblical book of Proverbs, in its original Hebrew, contains five passages which refer to disciplining children with a "shebet." The word is usually translated in English as "rod." At first glance, these passages seem to instruct parents to discipline their children using violent means -- by physically hitting them with a rod, paddle, belt, or other implement. Many of the leading Fundamentalist Christian advocacy groups use this interpretation:

Interpretation 1:
The rod is a wooden stick used to hit a child and generate pain:
Most conservative Christian sources which discuss the "rod" in Proverbs imply that it is a wooden stick of some sort which a parent should use to hit a misbehaving child, causing them pain, and thereby discipline them.

Interpretation 2:
The rod is not weapon to inflict pain on a child:

Jay and Jessica Wigley wrote:

"Proverbs is a book of poetry -- figurative language. Considering just that, I'd say that the rod mentioned in Proverbs is a figurative rod, not a literal one."

That is, when Proverbs 22:15 says "The rod and rebuke give wisdom..."

There is much to read here that is of interest, but it would also be interesting to know how modern translation handle this verse, but for now I will stop here.

Toby-John

American Way

March 31 2010, 10:39 PM 

For translations may I suggest: Google Online Parallel Bible.

Toby-John

Proverbs 13 verse 24

April 1 2010, 2:33 AM 

American Way - Thanks:

New International Version (©1984)
He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
He who withholds his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him diligently.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Whoever refuses to spank his son hates him, but whoever loves his son disciplines him from early on.

King James Bible
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

American King James Version
He that spares his rod hates his son: but he that loves him chastens him betimes.

American Standard Version
He that spareth his rod hateth his son; But he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Bible in Basic English
He who keeps back his rod is unkind to his son: the loving father gives punishment with care.

Douay-Rheims Bible
He that spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes.

Darby Bible Translation
He that spareth his rod hateth his son; but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

English Revised Version
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
One who spares the rod hates his son, but one who loves him is careful to discipline him.

Young's Literal Translation
Whoso is sparing his rod is hating his son, And whoso is loving him hath hastened him chastisement.

Toby-John

Proverbs updated

April 1 2010, 8:24 PM 

The Neil and Jenny New Equality Bible Translation says:

"If you don't give your daughter a good caning from time to time, you're not doing her any favours"

KK

April 1 2010, 9:26 PM 

DIVINE SUPPORT FOR SPANKING CHILDREN?

Many ideas concerning the virtues of corporal punishment in the western world arose from, or were or are justified by selective reference to the Old Testament. The well known saying `spare the rod and spoil the child`, is an inaccurate/partial quotation from the book of Proverbs in the King James version of the Bible. Two early such quotations:

`They spare the rod and spoyl the child.` Ralph Venning: Mysteries and Revelations (1649).

`Love is a boy by poets styl`d; Then spare the rod and spoil the child.` Samuel Butler (1612?1680): Hudibras.

A selective use of the Old Testament continues to this day to justify various religious right philosophies. The Old Testament condones, or expounds as God's will: genocide, rape of female prisoners of war, slavery, a patriarchal society with women as chattels, death by stoning for adultery and other crimes, the isolation of lepers and other practices that civilised people now find abhorrent. By contrast, the New Testament offers little solace to those who wish to use corporal punishment.

The verses that advocate corporal punishment of boys by their fathers (and presumably by others acting in a parental role, such as teachers) are as follows:

Different translations of the bible differ in their wording. A selection is given below. KJV = King James Version (1611), NEB = New English Bible (published 1970), NIV = New International Version (1973), NET = New English Translation.

Proverbs 13:24
(KJV) He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

(NEB) A father who spares the rod hates his son, but one who loves him keeps him in order.

(NET) The one who spares his rod hates his child, but the one who loves his child is diligent in disciplining him.

Proverbs 19:18
(KJV) Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.

(NEB) Chastise your son while there is hope for him, but be careful not to flog him to death.

(NIV) Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death.

(NET) Discipline your child while there is hope, but do not set your heart on causing his death.

Proverbs 22:15
(KJV) Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

(NEB) Folly is deep-rooted in the heart of a boy; a good beating will drive it right out of him.

Proverbs 23:13-14
(KJV) Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

(NEB) Do not withhold discipline from a boy; take the stick to him, and save him from death. If you take the stick to him yourself, you will preserve him from the jaws of death.

Proverbs 29:15
(KJV) The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

(NEB) Rod and reprimand impart wisdom, but a boy who runs wild brings shame on his mother.

Proverbs 29:17
(KJV) Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.

(NEB) Correct your son, and he will be a comfort to you and bring you delights of every kind.

However, if CP fails, then drastic action is to be taken:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
(KJV) If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

(NEB) When a man has a son who is disobedient and out of control, and will not obey his father or his mother, or pay attention when they punish him, then his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of the town, at the town gate. They shall say to the elders of the town, `This son of ours is disobedient and out of control; he will not obey us, he is a wastrel and a drunkard.` Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death, and you will thereby rid yourselves of this wickedness. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

(It is unclear why a son should be accused of being a drunkard when his offence was a refusal to eat his greens, or whatever.)

And the son better not resist and strike back or become abusive:

Exodus 21:15
(KJV) And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

(NEB) Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.

Exodus 21:17
(KJV) And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

(NEB) Whoever reviles his father or mother shall be put to death.

As well as sons, the Bible suggests that fools should be beaten although it recognises they may not benefit from their punishment:

Proverbs 10:13
(KJV) In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.

(NEB) The man of understanding has wisdom on his lips; a rod is in store for the back of the fool.

Proverbs 17:10
(KJV) A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.

(NEB) A reproof is felt by a man of discernment more than a hundred blows by a stupid man.

Proverbs 26:3
(KJV) A whip for the horse, a bridle for the asss, and a rod for the fool's back.

(NEB) The whip for a horse, the bridle for an asss, the rod for the back of a fool!

Proverbs 27:22
(KJV) Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him.

(NEB) Pound a fool with pestle and mortar, his folly will never be knocked out of him.

Corporal punishment was not just restricted to boys and fools:

Proverbs 22:8
(KJV) He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.

(NEB) The man who sows injustice reaps trouble and the end of his work will be the rod.

Proverbs 29:19
(KJV) A servant will not be corrected by words: for though he understand he will not answer.

(NEB) You can not correct a servant just by talking to him. He may understand you, but he will pay no attention.

Deuteronomy 25:2-3
(KJV) And it shall be, if the wicked man be worthy to be beaten, that the judge shall cause him to lie down, and to be beaten before his face, according to his fault, by a certain number. Forty stripes he may give him, and not exceed: lest, if he should exceed, and beat him above these with many stripes, then thy brother should seem vile unto thee.

(NEB) If the guilty man is sentenced to be flogged, the judge shall cause him to lie down and be beaten in his presence; the number of strokes shall correspond to the gravity of the offence. They may give him forty strokes, but not more; otherwise, if they go further and exceed this number, your fellow countryman will have been publicly degraded.

There were some safeguards to discourage CP excesses, at least against slaves:

Exodus 21:20-21
(KJV) And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

(NEB) When a man strikes his slave or his slave-girl with a stick and the slave dies on the spot, he must be punished. But he shall not be punished if the slave survives for one day or two, because he is worth money to his master (and his loss is adequate punishment).

Exodus 21:26-27
(KJV) And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him go free for his eye's sake. And if he smite out his manservant's tooth, or his maidservant's tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth's sake.

(NEB) When a man strikes his slave or slave-girl in the eye and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free in compensation for the eye. When he knocks out the tooth of a slave or slave-girl, he shall let the slave go free in compensation for the tooth.

Note the following New Testament warnings:

Mark 10:14
(KJV) But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

(NIV) When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, `Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Luke 17:2
(KJV) It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

(NIV) It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.

American Way

Spanking the Single Girl Expelling the Demons

April 2 2010, 2:44 AM 

Ketta three years ago (May 2007) before I started posting you noted this adult content site. I hope I'm not either offending hcj by dealing with this subject It may have updated so I don't think ketta will mend a repost. Who could take issue with this? happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif Cuz the bible told me so. Not the American Way but worth a try. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Christian Domestic Discipline

Hardened hearts are for God; man can handle a woman's guilt. It is one of the reasons why women are still attracted to men they know will spank. Among its other uses, hitting a female on presented and bared buttocks hard enough to make her cry is the most common purging technique used by mankind to separate a woman from her guilt. Although often embarrassing for younger women - usually because they told by politically correct ideology that they are too old to spank - it is, nonetheless, so effective as to be known as expelling the demons!

Toby-John

Thank you - KK

April 2 2010, 2:56 AM 

KK

very comprehensive, thank you for taking the time, and being so thorough!

I am sure that others will in the future, want to refer to this posting, and I suggest you start a thread called Biblical References (or something like that) and copy this into it.

T-J

American Way

April 2 2010, 4:53 PM 

There is little doubt in my mind that as long as an inerrancy to sacred scripture is argued in simplistic terms there will be no changes in the corporal punishment country wide. I like what Alaska did. They found a middle approach by designing rules on how CP is administered in private schools. Currently, corporal punishment is banned in public schools in 30 U.S. states. In two of these states, New Jersey and Iowa, it is illegal in private schools. In the major district there are different religious traditions than evangelical ones that take a more nuanced approach.

Amber (younger than all (I believe) TWP teachers comes from a suburb (outside a major district Dallas) where CP is permitted. Unless the state makes a concerted effort to enter a hornets nest (church/state division) there will continue to be corporal punishment in evangelical schools.

The fastest growing schools are home schooling often havens for creationists as well strict disciplinarians that abound in lower grades. The older kids need interactions with the general population on account of activities (sports among them).

Mainline Protestant and Catholic Churches show a more nuanced approach when it comes to the interpretation of sacred scripture which those who think in black and white (some evangelicals) abhor. Amber and to a certain extent Renee backgrounds are more on the same wavelength as I as a Catholic where all corporal punishment has been banned throughout every school. Ironically the policy that forbade it was called the Dallas Charter of all places.

Five swat paddling is not a bad idea for teachers as long as it is given by the same who apply it to the students. The Native Americans put it best with walking a mile in another mans moccasins. Maybe they should feel the coachs for their first tardy 3 swats and then 5 for their second and then deal with the problem in a more conventional manner. Its not going to happen but it would save the taxpayers money. I share Amber story because I don't believe it is a lotta nonsense. I'm getting better at distinguishing posters from pesters.

Amber on 3/30/10

Where I went, a suburban high school near Dallas, students who elect
corporal punishment over Sat school make an "appointment" with a
designated coach by entering their name on a sign-up sheet in the PE
office. There is a male and female designated coach. Available times
include before and after school and lunch.

Students generally get 3 licks for minor infractions like tardies or
cell phones, and 5 licks for more serious infractions like tobacco.
These can be pretty serious paddlings. I got 5 licks for smoking in
11th grade. That was 7 years ago and when I smell cigarette smoke, my
ass still hurts! I haven't smoked since.

It was probably the most appropriate punishment I ever received and if used routinely on high
school kids who smoke, would probably literally save lives.
Call me old school at age 24, but I think the best thing that could
happen to education would be to have a well used paddle hanging on the
wall of every high school classroom.

To those who object like this is abuse or something, haven't you ever read the bible? Its sparing the rod that is actually abuse--you don't
have to believe me, just God!

Large districts banning in public schools account for its quick decline as listed below.

http://proximityone.com/sdsttop25.htm

http://www.stophitting.com/index.php?page=100largest

Bob T

April 2 2010, 7:06 PM 

I can't believe I opened up this Wurd of Gawd can of worms. Where in the hell is Gillian when I need her?

Toby-John

Smoking and Laziness

April 2 2010, 9:12 PM 

Thank you American Way
I have a big concern about smoking, and think its time I started the thread I keep talking about ... Amber's Story is highly Significant

Amber on 3/30/10

Where I went, a suburban high school near Dallas, students who elect
corporal punishment over Sat school make an "appointment" with a
designated coach by entering their name on a sign-up sheet in the PE
office. There is a male and female designated coach. Available times
include before and after school and lunch.

Students generally get 3 licks for minor infractions like tardies or
cell phones, and 5 licks for more serious infractions like tobacco.
These can be pretty serious paddlings. I got 5 licks for smoking in
11th grade. That was 7 years ago and when I smell cigarette smoke, my
ass still hurts! I haven't smoked since.

It was probably the most appropriate punishment I ever received and if used routinely on high
school kids who smoke, would probably literally save lives.

Call me old school at age 24, but I think the best thing that could
happen to education would be to have a well used paddle hanging on the
wall of every high school classroom.

I truly cannot understand the attitude of those who want to "protect" children from such helpful discipline - maybe the tabacco companies are behind it.

Also many lazy children who will become shelf fillers, could be "encouraged" to work at school, and pass exams, and have fullfuilling and enjoyable careers.

Toby-John

American Way

The Other Amber

April 2 2010, 11:10 PM 

Toby-John: Amber Page, selected to be captain of the Class of 2000 varsity cheer team when school starts Aug. 16 at South Grand Prairie High School, was kicked off the squad after an assistant principal caught her smoking a cigarette in the school parking lot one day last spring.

An officer of the Grand Prairie Police Department gave her a $135 citation for being a minor in possession of tobacco, a misdemeanor. She is now an officer in the same force. Given the 10 year time differential some on the force have seen Amber on both sides of the blue line. First link previously posted.

http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDetail.aspx?PersonID=19996882

She may have more than a sore bottom and a loss of $135 to contend with.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1317363

Thanks to Dr Dominum's faith in tobacco cessation programs my matrix incorporates a carrot stick approach. Our Easter Bunny didn't get the carrot but a stick is not a paddle. But I'm sure she got the point and isn't smoking. Our Easter Bunny of course being our very own Jenny from this estimable Forum. Who I assume does not smoke or do I assume wrongly?

Toby-John

Jenny does, or did when she left school.

April 3 2010, 12:53 AM 

Hi American Way

I have just posted my new thread on Smoking which I have been planning for weeks. In it I mention Jenny ..... only quoting what she has herself said, when she left school, she was an established smoker.

I noticed the thread re Amber Page a few weeks ago, and wondered if her painful experience did stop her smoking.

With the info you give re the Police being smoke-free, It is obvious that she has stopped, which is good news. I would like to know if the paddling stopped her, or at lease helped her stop.

Toby-John

Jenny

Smoking and Laziness

April 3 2010, 1:23 AM 

Hi Toby-John

I truly cannot understand the attitude of those who want to "protect" children from such helpful discipline - maybe the tobacco companies are behind it.

American Way assumed wrongly - I still smoke. sad.gif Unfortunately, being caned for being caught smoking didn't stop me, nor any of my contemporaries. sad.gif It might have worked if the headmistress had been a bit harder on us the first time we were caught but we "only" got four strokes the first time. Six of the VERY Best (like I got the third time I was caught) the first time could well have stopped me but, by that third time, it was too late. sad.gif

Also many lazy children who will become shelf fillers, could be "encouraged" to work at school, and pass exams, and have fullfuilling and enjoyable careers.

That's a point I often make regarding exempting girls from punishment. I was disciplined at school and have done quite well for myself as a result. If I had been left to do as I pleased, as would have happened at a lot of schools, I might well have spent my working life stacking shelves like a lot of other girls. As I've said before, allowing girls to go undisciplined does us no favours, it's just a way of "keeping us in our place." sad.gif

Toby-John

Shelf fillers

April 3 2010, 6:06 PM 

Hi Jenny

your last sentence says:
As I've said before, allowing girls to go undisciplined does us no favours, it's just a way of "keeping us in our place."

This is so true nowadays of all UK Children, I know quite a few lazy boys who need to buck their ideas up, and do some work. I think their school "talks" to them a lot about their education, and the school talks to their parents, with the result that a lower level of achievement become the new goal.

My view is that a few swats of the paddle, or a few strokes of the cane might impress upon each boy that it is his responsiblity to work at school, and that he can do learn if he puts his mind to it, and stops chattering all the time.

Hopefully he will soon come to realise that he has been punished because the teachers, and his parents want him to do well for himself. They do truely have his interest at heart.

Toby-John

PS I am refering here to School Corporal Punishment in 2010, not anything that happened in the old days. As I have said elsewhere, IMHO CP has a real place in education, but needs to be applied reasonably and fairly.

Jenny

Re: Shelf fillers

April 4 2010, 1:05 AM 

Hi Toby-John

This is so true nowadays of all UK Children, I know quite a few lazy boys who need to buck their ideas up, and do some work. I think their school "talks" to them a lot about their education, and the school talks to their parents, with the result that a lower level of achievement become the new goal.

I hope you're not being sexist there. wink.gif There are a lot of lazy girls too. All that's changed in the last twenty years is that now boys as well as girls are undisciplined - and uneducated. sad.gif It's common now to see job applications from people who can barely write.

My view is that a few swats of the paddle, or a few strokes of the cane might impress upon each boy that it is his responsiblity to work at school, and that he can do learn if he puts his mind to it, and stops chattering all the time.

The slipper worked well enough in class when I was at school. Various men have told me that, when they were at school, lessons were often disrupted by girls talking. The boys tended to behave themselves in class because they'd get the slipper if they didn't. The girls were exempt from punishment so many just did as they pleased. Now, of course, that exemption applies to both sexes.

PS I am refering here to School Corporal Punishment in 2010, not anything that happened in the old days. As I have said elsewhere, IMHO CP has a real place in education, but needs to be applied reasonably and fairly.

If girls are exempt from CP, it cannot be applied reasonably and fairly.

Another_Lurker

April 4 2010, 2:42 AM 

Hi Jenny. You say above:

It's common now to see job applications from people who can barely write.

I am surprised and disappointed that you, as an employer, should comment on this. Are you not aware that being able to write, or indeed being able to read anything more complex than the sports pages of red top newspapers, is no longer regarded as an essential precursor to gaining a highly paid job? By making such inflammatory remarks you make things very difficult for schools trying to follow the enlightened regime imposed by Ed Balls (a distinguished old boy of my own school) which is designed to suppress the teaching of such useless and time-wasting trivia. happy.gif

Jenny

April 4 2010, 3:08 AM 

Hi Another_Lurker

Are you not aware that being able to write, or indeed being able to read anything more complex than the sports pages of red top newspapers, is no longer regarded as an essential precursor to gaining a highly paid job?

It might not be essential to do the job but, when I'm looking at a job application, it's helpful if the applicant gives a few clues as to job he/she/it is applying for and, possibly, a hint as to his/her/its identity. I'm sorry but getting to "Level 12 in Super Alien Space Blaster" isn't quite the IT experience I'm usually looking for. wink.gif

Another_Lurker

April 4 2010, 3:59 AM 

Hi Jenny. You said above:

I'm sorry but getting to "Level 12 in Super Alien Space Blaster" isn't quite the IT experience I'm usually looking for. wink.gif

Hmm, any chance with 40 years assorted IT experience, fair to middling web authoring and a preference for working during the night like the boss? happy.gif

Job experience

April 4 2010, 2:39 PM 

All right then Jenny, have you a vacancy for a mid-fifties guy with years of COBOL experience but struggles downloading pictures from the internet?

Thought not, good job I moved into "data analysis" then!

Jenny

April 4 2010, 4:37 PM 

Hi Another_Lurker

Hmm, any chance with 40 years assorted IT experience, fair to middling web authoring and a preference for working during the night like the boss? happy.gif

When can you start? wink.gif Seriously, if I had any vacancies to fill, yours would be the type of experience I'd be looking for. Many younger people don't have the foundations to build on like we oldies do - they can program in a high level language (often very well) but they don't understand the basic underlying principles so come unstuck when they need to use a bit of Boolean algebra or do some bit manipulation. sad.gif

Hi neilfrommanc

All right then Jenny, have you a vacancy for a mid-fifties guy with years of COBOL experience but struggles downloading pictures from the internet?

Unfortunately not. sad.gif I dabbled with COBOL years ago but we don't use it here.

Alan Turing

Shelf fillers?

April 4 2010, 5:42 PM 

Jenny: It's common now to see job applications from people who can barely write.

I'm going on holiday tomorrow, so here are a few rambling thoughts to chew over (or not).

First, I don't imagine there would be much dispute that it's harder to sort out the facts in the biological sciences than in the physical sciences, and harder still in the social sciences. That's simply down to the number of variables. So you might see the results of some process in society, but figuring out the cause will be much harder than if it were simply a matter of physics.

As an example of what I mean, consider the following Possible World.

In this Possible World (which might, or might not, be our own) things have developed in much the same way as we have experienced over the past forty years. A major change has been the rise of the Internet. But -- and here's the important point -- there has been no overall change to the spread of skills and abilities of our young people over those forty years. Certainly some new skills will have arisen, and some old ones will have died out, but I want postulate that, in this Possible World, the changes will have been broadly neutral.

Now let's think about how applying for a job would have changed over those forty years. Back in 1970, you'd need to write a letter when applying for a job. And post it. With a stamp! Each job application would cost you 4d1 in postage! So you didn't send out too many applications.

Now, in 2010, you can use the Internet instead when applying for jobs. You don't have to spend money. So you can send out many more applications. Of course if your skills and abilities are in the upper range then you'll probably be offered a job quite quickly, so the number of applications you send out might not be too large. But if your skills and abilities are in the lower range then that won't happen, so you'll need to (and, now, be able to) send out lots more applications.

What employers will see, of course, is that the quality of applicants has gone down! But in this Possible World, the reason for this has nothing to do with the skills of the potential workforce. It is, instead, a consequence of the modern communications revolution. More of the applications received by employers will have come from those with poorer skills, simply because those people need to send out more applications, and they can now do so.

And in our own world? Well, who knows?

1. We didn't have first and second class post in those days. All letters cost 4d to post (and a pint of beer cost 2/6d). Of course you could have sent a postcard instead for 3d, but that wouldn't have done you much good when applying for a job.

Jenny

Shelf fillers?

April 5 2010, 2:12 AM 

Hi Alan Turing

I'm going on holiday tomorrow, so here are a few rambling thoughts to chew over (or not).

Lucky you, have a good time happy.gif

I see your point regarding job applications via email - I hadn't thought about it like that. Regarding your footnote, I thought the two class postal system was already in operation by 1970 - I remember 4d stamps thought.

All this talk of job applications reminded me of one I received, on spec, from a woman who asked if we had any programming vacancies "that could use a woman's touch." I think everyone here can guess my reaction to that one. wink.gif

Another_Lurker

Re: Shelf fillers?

April 5 2010, 6:41 AM 

Hi Jenny. In response to my 'job application' you said:

When can you start? wink.gif Seriously, if I had any vacancies to fill, yours would be the type of experience I'd be looking for. Many younger people don't have the foundations to build on like we oldies do - they can program in a high level language (often very well) but they don't understand the basic underlying principles so come unstuck when they need to use a bit of Boolean algebra or do some bit manipulation. sad.gif

I am grateful for the vote of confidence! Should I ever fall on hard times I'll enquire discretely to see if by chance you have anything available. However, in that event I shall NOT ask if you have any vacancies that could use a man's touch! happy.gif

Hi Alan Turing (if you have web access on holiday). I don't often contradict you as you are almost invariably correct in your assertions. However on this occasion, doubtless distracted by preparations for your holiday, you may have made a slight error. I think that Jenny is correct when she says above:

I thought the two class postal system was already in operation by 1970

I started a job in 1970 which involved some responsibility for the fate of the vast number of bills we output every day. Although the Post Office carted these away by the lorry load after an on-site regional sort, my recollection is that technically they were 2nd class mail, indicating that the system was in operation in that year. In fact the web site of The British Postal Museum & Archive here gives the date of introduction of the two-tier postal service as 1968.

Regardless of this, your theory of the changing nature of job applications is an interesting one, and certainly must be significant in these days of email applications. I recall a time not long before 1970 (1968 in fact)when job applications as such were almost unnecessary as employers applied to you! I decided to leave a job and before I'd even given in my notice I received three unsolicited job offers. Happy days! If only youngsters had it anything like so easy now. Mind you, I could write fairly competently, read and understand most things in English, and get my sums right, skills not necessarily possessed by youngsters today.

Alan Turing

Memory must be going ...

April 5 2010, 8:12 AM 

Yes, Another_Lurker and Jenny, you're right: upon investigation, I see that First Class Post was introduced on 16th September 1968. The cost of a first-class stamp was indeed 4d, the same as the previous cost of sending a letter; it had increased from 3d on 17th May 1965. Moral -- if you think you remember, youi probably don't!

PS I expect to be away from all this new-fangled technology for about a week.

Mike

lol @ the foolishness

August 24 2011, 4:45 AM 

This story is not only fictional but the person who wrote it made so many flaws it is actually comical. First off the character "Megan" is a fictional person made up by some stupid *** pervert in North Carolina who started numerous Yahoo groups under the same name only to have all the groups deleted by Yahoo. The story itself with all the focus on details as far as remembering the "attire" that was worn on that day and what homework they were doing is nothing but fantasy. Go ask ANY woman what underwear, jeans and shirt she was wearing on a particular day back in the 1980's and she will laugh in your face. This character "megan" has went to great lengths to make people believe all this over the years. Even the photos this person has shown are consistant...it is either his sister or possibly his spouse. "Megan" can still be found on various websites and has been caught using numerous different names both male and female. "Megan" also claims to know Amber Page who actually had an incident like this occur in her life which was highly publicized. "Megan" can be found to this day in chatrooms posing as a paddling principal, a Domme, a girl who was spanked in school and other silly characters which point to corporal punishment especially with a paddle. Those of you who claim to know this person and possibly the lady principal who paddled her take time to google publics records in North Carolina to find a record of any such person who was employed in the public school system and you will find nothing. What moron would give the first and last name of a real principal in a real school for perverted purposes. One of these days "Megan" is going to look in the mirror and see staring back at him the reflection of a typical pathetic loser that he really is.

American Way

August 24 2011, 12:07 PM 

Search engine it's well covered.

http://www.myspace.com/90116171

prof.n

August 24 2011, 3:29 PM 

Hi Mike , American Way,

This unreconstructed redneck God fearing female ( her description not mine), has at least an entertaining blog though I'd take issue with her (second hand )opinion that

the heirs of Marcuse and Adorno now completely dominate the universities, teaching their own students to replace reason with Politically Correct ritual exercises.

Superficially her blog appears to require rather more than one handed typing, at least I think the Frankfurt school require all one's attention . Unfortunately the entries are all other peoples work , she just post up 'articles' collected from eclectic sources.So I was rather disappointed . I thought that perhaps her experience with Miss Dodd had switched on a blinding light of educational renaissance.....but I was to be sorely disappointed

But you have to say , in respect of her composition homework on the topic 'My unusual experience' ........ well its readable , worth a 'B' do you think ?

American Way

August 24 2011, 3:46 PM 

Renee addressed how unrealistic this story was. I tend to feel that it was not unusual then and not altogether out of the question now. Mike: If you are new it might be worth your time to watch a more realistic portray of paddling. High school swats are harder than middle school ones and there may be a Delta Area in the South that has 7 swats that may be harder than Nancy.

CLICK

http://youtu.be/MbRHNGNxSlM

American Way

August 25 2011, 9:32 PM 

Hmm. prof n one hand typing? I don't know what you think of when you hear those word: stewardesses and lollipops? Try this on for size:

"Stewardesses"
is the longest word typed with only the left hand
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
And "lollipop"
is the longest word typed with your right hand.

Another excellent high school paddling school appears here.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/198833/message/1260632298/Tonya+Gets+Paddled+at+School

Mike

August 27 2011, 5:35 AM 

@ prof, lol & yeah the typing I will go along with and maybe even give it an A. What we need is someone like "Megan" in polotics with a memory like that. 'His' story is so well written its almost scary to think that someone could remember all that. Lets see from beginning to end not a detail was spared...even down to knowing that the vehicle heard outside the school had a diesel motor LOL. As far as the myspace link that is merely just another creation of his overactive mind. Anyone could do that. I clearly remember 'him' on yahoo with all this bragging and tall tales but when it came down to the communication he so dearly desired it was funny how the cell numbers he gave were always conviently shut off or the numbers didnt exist and mysteriously none of the texts ever made it through. If he were to place this in a fictional category as a written story to compete with others I have no doubt it would win first prize or at least be a close second. But thats where it belongs....in fiction. Further info is his former groups on yahoo were Southern Girls Paddled at School and Baked Buns.

Unimpressed viewer

August 27 2011, 1:13 PM 

"I kid you not, as Bogart says in The Caine Mutiny"

yeah this sounds like something a girl born in 1976 would say.

Re: Someone Who Knows

February 23 2012, 3:25 AM 

Hi Disciplinarian,

I have to totally agree with you on the part about receiving a paddling being sexual. I've only been spanked with the paddle in school once in grammar school, and that was with a small thin lightweight ping pong paddle. The teacher only gave me one hard lick on the buttocks as I got across her knee in front of the class. How embarassing and humiliating it was. But at least during my paddling she did it over my uniform and I was covered but it still stung. I was in 3rd grade when this took place, and I've been into spanking and paddling ever since then. I have always dreamed of really getting a good paddling though. Not to the point of bruising. I don't want any bruising or any damage. I love good sensual loving paddling.

Poster 7-15

Correcting an error

July 16 2013, 6:03 AM 

The poster using the name "American Way" incorrectly posted on April 2, 2010 that Amber Page is a member of the Grand Prairie Police Department. That is not true. He might have gotten this idea because on one of the links he posted concerning Amber, it has officer printed right above that website's Grand Prairie Police Department link.

"American Way" also posted on April 2, 2010 a comment supposedly from a former student at "a suburban high school near Dallas" which is titled "Amber on 3/30/10." This comment contains false information because there is no school in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that has a mandatory "5 licks for more serious infractions like tobacco" like this "Amber" wrote.

Thank you for your time.

Current Topic - An excellent High School girl paddling story  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement