<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Caned in the Dormitories

November 13 2009 at 9:04 AM

There was also this instance in boarding school i attended where the matron used to cane the boys for talking too loudly in the dormitories. She used to make us lie face down on our beds and then she would come to each of us and administer between 2-3 strokes on the backside...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Willy

Re: Caned in the Dormitories

November 17 2009, 3:47 AM 

Did she do this to all the boys at once if she heard the loud talking and couldn't tell who it was?
What else did she cane you for, and was it bare or over pyjamas?

November 17 2009, 7:49 AM 

yes, it would be everybody. it used to be on the pyjamas.

there was once a time she came into the bathing area when there was a lot of noise, that time she got a chance to cane us naked...

but naked baths were soon phased out, then the closest anyone could get was our underpants...

Willy

November 17 2009, 6:43 PM 

Apart from the matron, did the teachers also cane the boys frequently, and was it done in class or in private?
I know that discipline was more strict and canings were more freely given in boarding schools than in public aka govt. schools.

November 23 2009, 7:51 AM 

the boarding school i attended was in India. it followed british tradition and continued the use of the cane while i was there.

teachers could cane students for hw not doe, untidy desks, talking, just about doing anything wrong. It was in front of everybody most of the time. once in a while it would be in an empty classroom if we were summoned for it later on.

both male and female teachers were allowed to cane students. Both preferred applying the stick on the buttocks.

Willy

November 23 2009, 9:27 PM 

Robert, how old were the boys who were caned like that?
I think it is very humiliating to be caned by a female teacher, especially in front of class. I hope it was not on the bare buttocks. Although I did see an account of a boarding school with British tradition in Malaysia where this did actually happen on the bare by female teachers, although in private.
Also, from the many accounts I have seen, this caning of boys with pants down in class seems to have been not so uncommon in many American schools in the fifties, though mostly primary or elementary schools with boys up to ten or so. But I scarcely, if ever, heard of it in British schools, some of the colonies excepted.

10-15

November 24 2009, 1:40 PM 

The boys were aged 10 to 15 yrs. caning on the bare occurred only once.

It was on the trousers most of them time and occasionally on the underwear if we were in the dormitories changing.

We never really felt humiliated since so many of us used to receive it so many times.

I personally found it embarrassing only initially, since it was an all boys school, there was not much shame.

It was the pain that worried us, both the male and female staff knew how to deliver...

Current Topic - Caned in the Dormitories  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement