<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Private School Corporal Punishment

April 25 2010 at 2:35 AM
American Way 

The wildcard is private school corporal punishment. Corpun has an anthology of their corporal punishment handbooks that differ significantly from public schools. Ive copied and pasted Eucons policy for reactions from members of this estimable Forum. We havent proven beyond a reasonable doubt that college students are exempt from corporal punishment, c.f.. Corpun.

Alaska, California, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Utah and Washington allow corporal punishment in private schools even though they are banned in public schools. The link that provides that information is decidedly is strongly opposed to school corporal punishment.

http://www.secular.org/node/241

Corporal punishment will be administered under the following
guidelines.
A. If a student is sent to the office for a spanking, the parent will be
immediately notified, and one of two conditions must be met.
1. The parents will give the administrator permission to
spank the child (see B through H below).
a. In this case a permission slip will be sent
home for the parent to sign. When it is
brought back, the spanking will then be
administered.
b. The student will not be allowed back in
school until permission is received.
2. The parent will have to come to the administrators
office and administer the spanking himself.
3. If the parent refuses to give permission for the
student to be spanked or refuses to administer the
spanking himself, the student will be removed from
the school.
B. The offense will be clearly discussed with the student.
C. The administrator will discuss scriptural applications and will
pray with the student.
D. A reasonable number of firm strokes will be administered with a
simple flat paddle by the administrator or staff member of
the same sex.
E. A second staff member will be present to witness the spanking.
F. The student will not be physically restrained. If he refuses to
submit to a spanking, the parent will be asked to come to the
office to discuss the matter. The parent will be asked to
administer the spanking or remove the child from school.
G. Following the spanking, the administrator will pray with the
student and talk with the student assuring him of his and the
teachers love.
H. A written record will be made of the date, offense, number of
strokes, and names of correcting staff member

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Toby-John

An alternative layout that some members may find easier to read.

April 25 2010, 9:12 AM 

Easier to read ?

Corporal punishment will be administered under the following guidelines.

A. If a student is sent to the office for a spanking, the parent will be immediately notified, and one of two conditions must be met.

1. The parents will give the administrator permission to spank the child (see B through H below).

. . . (a) In this case a permission slip will be sent home for the parent to sign. When it is brought back, the spanking will then be administered.

. . . (b) The student will not be allowed back in school until permission is received.

2. The parent will have to come to the administrators office and administer the spanking himself.

3. If the parent refuses to give permission for the student to be spanked or refuses to administer the spanking himself, the student will be removed from the school.

C. The administrator will discuss scriptural applications and will pray with the student.

D. A reasonable number of firm strokes will be administered with a simple flat paddle by the administrator or staff member of the same sex.

F. The student will not be physically restrained. If he refuses to submit to a spanking, the parent will be asked to come to the office to discuss the matter. The parent will be asked to administer the spanking or remove the child from school.

G. Following the spanking, the administrator will pray with the student and talk with the student assuring him of his and the teachers love.

H. A written record will be made of the date, offense, number of strokes, and names of correcting staff member

Toby-John EPS
(Editing Presentation Service)

Another_Lurker

Re: Private School Corporal Punishment

April 25 2010, 9:57 PM 

Can anyone play this new game invented by Toby-John? I'll assume they can, so try this for MkIII:

Corporal punishment will be administered under the following guidelines:

A. If a student is sent to the office for a spanking, the parent will be immediately notified, and one of two conditions must be met.

1. The parents will give the administrator permission to spank the child (see B through H below).

(a) In this case a permission slip will be sent home for the parent to sign. When it is brought back, the spanking will then be administered.

(b) The student will not be allowed back in school until permission is received.

2. The parent will have to come to the administrators office and administer the spanking himself.

3. If the parent refuses to give permission for the student to be spanked or refuses to administer the spanking himself, the student will be removed from the school.

C. The administrator will discuss scriptural applications and will pray with the student.

D. A reasonable number of firm strokes will be administered with a simple flat paddle by the administrator or staff member of the same sex.

F. The student will not be physically restrained. If he refuses to submit to a spanking, the parent will be asked to come to the office to discuss the matter. The parent will be asked to administer the spanking or remove the child from school.

G. Following the spanking, the administrator will pray with the student and talk with the student assuring him of his and the teachers love.

H. A written record will be made of the date, offense, number of strokes, and names of correcting staff member.

hcj

April 25 2010, 10:24 PM 

Enough, enough! I could read it perfectly well the first time.

Another_Lurker

Editing Presentation Service

April 26 2010, 12:05 AM 

Hi hcj. You said:

Enough, enough! I could read it perfectly well the first time.

As I'm sure you realised, that was exactly the point I was trying to make!

Toby-John, if we start 'improving' posts we will not only take up far to much of Network54's on-line storage but also get into an endless cycle of one-upmanship. You 'improve' American Way's post, I 'improve' your post, somebody 'improves' my post, I have another go, with a few more bells and whistles etc., etc.

American Way

April 26 2010, 8:17 PM 

Public school regulations. Some apply to private schools

http://law.jrank.org/pages/11816/Corporal-Punishment-in-Public-Schools.html

Toby-John

Actually, I thought I was being helpful !

April 26 2010, 10:50 PM 

EPS -
Another_Lurker
I had not intended a game, or a one-up-person-ship competition. The original presented was difficult to read (IMHO), particularly because the are 3 levels of Statements, and no indentation, or separation.

(That blank square thingy space top left does not help either. I have noticed some threads do not have it. Why not ?)

Because I could not get N54 to accept indentations, I used lot of separation, a few dots, and intensity of character (for want of a better description). I expect there is instruction on "indentations" in the computer corner, which I will get to someday soon.

I was aware that my EPS was not needed my everyone, whilst unaware, or particularly interested as to who would and who would not benefit. I am quite public spirited sometimes!

Incidently, thank you American Way, for introducing paragraphs to your entries a couple of months ago. When I first arrived at this Estimable Forum (incidentally -people don't say that much any more), much of your output was in large chunks, this I found difficult to read.

Toby-John

Another_Lurker

Re: Actually, I thought I was being helpful !

April 27 2010, 1:35 AM 

Hi Toby-John. What you refer to as 'that blank square thingy space top left' is where the advert goes. As I go to some trouble to avoid seeing adverts I am not sure whether Network54 are still running them and my software is suppressing them, or whether Network54 just aren't running them at the moment.

Glancing at the Javascript (more Jenny's field than mine) I think that if I wasn't suppressing adverts I might possibly be seeing a Google advert from the Education channel with an R rating, but I don't have the patience to check this out thoroughly. If you are not seeing them either there may be no suitable advert available at present, or you may have adverts suppressed as well.

You say:

Because I could not get N54 to accept indentations, I used lot of separation, a few dots, and intensity of character (for want of a better description). I expect there is instruction on "indentations" in the computer corner, which I will get to someday soon.

There is indeed such an 'instruction' in Computing Corner and here it is.

However, a better way of doing it, which previously didn't work (or at least I couldn't make it work) now appears to operate normally and will doubtless get documented in Computing Corner in due course.

Toby-John

"Outer" Space

April 27 2010, 1:23 PM 

Hi A_L

I will try it, and need a bit of prose, and since this thread is about Private School CP, this should suit:

....but it was just the end of the half, and on the next evening but one Thomas knocks at their door, and says the Doctor wants to see them. They look at one another in silent dismay. What can it be now? Which of their countless wrong-doings can he have heard of officially? However its no use delaying, so they go to the study.

There they find the doctor, not angry, but graver. He has sent for them to speak to very seriously before they go home. They have each been flogged several times in the half-year for direct and wilful breaches of the rules. This cannot go on. They are doing no good to themselves or others, and now they are getting up in the school and have influence. They seem to think the rules are made capriciously, and for the pleasure of the masters; but this is not so. They are made for the good of the whole school, and must and shall be obeyed. Those who thoughtlessly or wilfully break them will not be allowed to stay at the School. He should be sorry if they were to leave, as the school might do them both much good, and wishes them to think seriously in the holidays over what he has said. Goodnight

And so the two hurry off horribly scared; the idea of having to leave never crossed their minds, and is quite unbearable.

wonderful A_L

the world is a better place for your generosity of technical knowledge.

Toby-John

Another_Lurker

Re: "Outer" Space

April 27 2010, 11:00 PM 

Hi Toby-John. You said above:

wonderful A_L

the world is a better place for your generosity of technical knowledge.

Thank you. We Lurkers do our best for humanity in our own small way, though regretfully we sometimes quite inadvertently trample on the odd raw nerve or fragile ego in the course of our endeavours! happy.gif Just for you I shall hopefully post some vital and life enhancing information in Computing Corner tonight.

American Way

May 9 2010, 2:00 AM 

http://www.catholic-girls.co.uk.com/

Although the girls, in the bottom link, are misbehaving, it appears under a very Catholic site by the link sbove. On the surface the vamping girls seem like theyre at a reunion where the girls are hamming it up. They look over 18 to me. Are they Scots, you think? Do they wear anything resembling that or is that just kinky wear? I like the one on the far right with the devil's horns.

Billy Joel was a year older than American Way but I remember well the stir it made in the Catholic community when it hit the charts. When I traveled I realized that on the high school level my education was somewhat unique. Coed classes ended in the eighth grade and then the girls went off to Catholic high schools run by Nuns and boys Christian Brothers. In small parish schools this was not the case for financial reasons. Try to picture this happening in the UK? 175 boys grades 9 to 12 and not one male teacher. The Nuns would watch you pee if you chose to use the urinals.

I remember a Jewish girl making a move on me in my senior year and I shyly hesitated, she laughed and teased saying if not now when? Here I am in my fathers car at night watching the submarine races (overlooking water). A year in college, ironically all male but plenty of girls in neighboring colleges, Catholic girls then had make up exams.

One can rightly ask what does this have to do with school corporal punishment, but I dont think many people today here can understand what the seventies was like never mind in the UK. The toughest Nuns in the order were sent to our school for they were not just dealing with girls. Parents wouldnt allow their girls to get the stick in front of the boys but after school would be a different matter but it was a possibility Im sure, or at least the girls were led to believe.

Jenny, would you consider corporal punishment your choice under these conditions, in front of, say 20 boys and 20 girls? Is it more embarrassing for a girl, in general, to be on the receiving end of a yard stick? How does 5ive from here and Brides of Christ in Australia compare with the cane? Nothing beats a slide ruler on the college level.

Billy Joel: Only the Good Die Young

UK Catholic Girls I UK Catholic Girls II UK Catholic Girls III UK Catholic Girls IV

Jenny

May 9 2010, 2:22 AM 

American Way

Jenny, would you consider corporal punishment your choice under these conditions, in front of, say 20 boys and 20 girls? Is it more embarrassing for a girl, in general, to be on the receiving end of a yard stick? How does 5ive from here and Brides of Christ in Australia compare with the cane? Nothing beats a slide ruler on the college level.

Is it more embarrassing for a girl than what? I can't comment on a yard stick but I got the slipper plenty of times in front of a mixed class. I suppose it might have been embarrassing if I were the only one ever to get it, but I wasn't. I didn't find it any more embarrassing than, for example, when the wind caught my skirt or dress and gave everyone a flash of my knickers.

Another_Lurker

Those Catholic? Girls

May 9 2010, 3:47 AM 

Hi American Way. There's only thee and me prowling round cyberspace tonight, so I hope you won't mind if I make one or two comments about your links in the post above. It'll be a nice change, won't it? happy.gifhappy.gif

You've given a link at the top of your post and said:

it [the photograph(s) of the 'schoolgirls'] appears under a very Catholic site by the link above.

The site you've linked may or may not be 'very Catholic'. However, it is not the site publicised on the photographs, which is a .c­o.u­k site, not a .c­om site like the one you've linked. The site publicised on the photographs is an 'adult' site and appears to me to have absolutely no Catholic connection whatsoever, except insofar as it trades on the IMHO quite undeserved reputation of Catholic girls in certain areas of life's rich tapestry.

The photographs were uploaded to Webshots.c­om by someone calling themselves 'glasgowswingers'. I have no idea what the usage is in the USA, but here in the UK 'swinger'Note 1 and 'swingers' has a specific sub-cultural implication. One could certainly expect that 'swingers' might well be the sort of people who would use the site publicised on the photographs.

In view of the above I think we can reasonably assume that despite the Webshots 'category' the girls in the photographs are certainly not schoolgirls and are indeed likely to be over 18. I doubt if all of them are Catholic, though of course some may be, in which case I suspect they won't be short of material for the Confessional! happy.gif As to whether they are Scots, well again some of them may be, but I doubt if the 'Glasgow' establishes any sort of Scottish connection, other than possibly for the uploader. As to what they're wearing, I think you got it in one with 'kinky wear'.

Note 1: Not a thousand miles from the Lurker residence there is a Pub called 'The Swinger'. Not quite what it might be thought to suggest though. It stands adjacent to the point where many years ago the Nottingham trolley buses terminated their route at the city boundary and 'swung' around a turning point in the road, known as a 'swinger', to head back into the city. The pub sign shows trolley bus staff using a long pole to manually hook up the electrical pick-up arms on the bus roof to resume the journey, as these had to be disconnected from the overhead power supply cables due to the very tight turn, which the buses then negotiated on battery power.

Another_Lurker

Oh dear, sorry Jenny!

May 9 2010, 4:11 AM 

Hi Jenny. Sorry! When I said to American way:

There's only thee and me prowling round cyberspace tonight

I really should have known you'd be around as well!

Somehow I need to work out what's happening with your posts. In this case, as I normally do, I refreshed the thread page immediately before posting (at 03:47) to check that it hadn't updated while I was preparing my post and your post wasn't there. Again as I normally do, I checked my post immediately after posting, only to find that your post had now appeared, having actually been made an hour and twenty-five minutes earlier. This doesn't seem to happen regularly with anyone else. I quite often make minor amendments to my posts after my pre-post check because somebody has posted a few minutes before.

You haven't developed some sort of 'stealth mode' or 'cloaking device' for your posts have you? happy.gif I am going to have to solve it somehow. Interestingly it has only started to happen since I switched to the Chrome browser. I'm reluctant to give Chrome up, because not only does it have a spell checker which works in the Network54 message text box, it also preserves any text already entered in the message text box if mid-post you have a power cut or system malfunction necessitating a reload.

Jenny

Re: Oh dear, sorry Jenny!

May 9 2010, 4:48 AM 

Hi Another_Lurker

I really should have known you'd be around as well!

I hope you don't think I'm a "lady of the night". wink.gif

Somehow I need to work out what's happening with your posts.

When I click on the respond button, my post appears immediately - unless I'm not signed in of course.

You may notice a delay in seeing my posts because we often post at similar times of the night. If I had posted a few hours before you came online, you wouldn't know if there had been a delay.

You haven't developed some sort of 'stealth mode' or 'cloaking device' for your posts have you? happy.gif

I'm not that clever. wink.gif

I am going to have to solve it somehow. Interestingly it has only started to happen since I switched to the Chrome browser. I'm reluctant to give Chrome up, because not only does it have a spell checker which works in the Network54 message text box, it also preserves any text already entered in the message text box if mid-post you have a power cut or system malfunction necessitating a reload.

It could be a "feature" of the Chrome browser. I'm using Firefox (Vn 3.5.2 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2). I don't know how it would work on Windows but on my Linux machine it flags spelling errors in the Network54 message text box and saves any entered text if there's a crash. I have a UPS so I don't usually suffer from power cuts. happy.gif

Alan Turing

Tread carefully?

May 9 2010, 8:22 AM 

American Way's link "UK Catholic Girls I" appears to lead to an infected web page. My copy of AVG popped up a warning when the page was opened.

Alan Turing

Trolley buses

May 9 2010, 8:28 AM 

My recollection of London trolley buses in Cricklewood is that there was a return loop which would allow reversal without removal of the collectors from the overhead wires. The only time the insulated pole was needed was when there was a breakdown and a queue was building up behind. Our trolley buses (routes 660, 664 and 666) were replaced by Routemasters in 1963.

American Way

May 9 2010, 12:54 PM 

I was unaware I was linking to a very not catholic, unless you mean by that universal, site until I saw this uncontaminated and not adult content photo stream akin to the I to IV

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43111632@N05/

StevefromSE5

May 9 2010, 2:05 PM 

Maidstone's trolleys(d.1966)had a run-/turn-around loop at the Barming terminus(Bull Inn, previously Fountain Inn) & at either end of the branches just after MGS-Parkwood Estate(Nottingham Ave.) or Loose(Wheatsheaf Inn).

Croydon's(d.1959) had them at Croydon, Sutton, Mitcham and Crystal Palace & there were plenty on the south London Routes(694,696,698-finished 1962)at Abbey wood,Bexleyheath,Dartford & Woolwich plus, at North Woolwich, over the Thames one for East London's 569,669 & 685 routes, which ended in 1961.

Brighton's system(d.1961)tended to have turning wiring down obscure side streets with the odd loop. There were also a few turning side-street wires in South London's system.

Unfortunately, Camberwell never had them at all.sad.gif

Steve

willyeckaslike

Private School Corporal Punishment

May 9 2010, 2:52 PM 

Hi Steve

This is nothing to do with the thread subject or trolley buses.
I saw a recent post from you and you mentioned bacons school, and the as good as bare bottom caning of girls there. This was not the Wilfred Ing thread. There were some other posts I wanted to read in the thread but I cannot find it. Can you help ? I think you posted it in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement