<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

timeout punishment (standing with hands up, kneeling, holding books etc.)

October 4 2010 at 1:59 AM
bambam243 

Hi all,

I just came across this forum and found it quite interesting especially in trying to compile various online resources related to school CP. After having been raised during the late 80s - mid 90s I remained with a bit of an interest not so much in spanking but in punishments such as strapping the palms of the hands or timeout punishments such as standing or kneeling with hands above head, holding books, nose in the corner and similar.

I've been doing a bit of online search for these types of punishments and found a few online, especially in Indian, South Korean or Taiwan tv series or shows. I'd like to share a few below and maybe any other members with similar interests can share their online findings:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziMSYi7Slro
indian tv series called remix about a private highschool for rich kids. In this scene the kids are punished by the prefect for having organised an unapproved party the night before and we see Tia (the main character) having to stand in the hallway with her hands up above her head as well as a few other cute girls holding their ears, keeping hands up or in one case holding a basketball with hands up :) Very creative prefect I must say...

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic9PL4X1ROI
same remix series and same prefect making another bunch of students stand with their hands up as punishment for supporting one of their colleagues who was wrongly accused of some wrongdoings and threatened with expulsion. Tia missing on this one but several of her cute female colleagues do show up.

- if you do a google search for "&#25630;&#31505;&#19968;&#23478;&#20154;150" you should find links towards episode 150 of a south korean highschool series called "Unstoppable High Kick" where around minute 26 the main character's 17yo cute girlfriend is kneeling with her hands up in the school hallway in traditional korean punishment style. In another post on this forum it was mentioned another scene of the same tv series where two girls kneel with hands up, but I do not know yet in which episode is this happening.

- another korean tv series called "Sharp 2" or "Banolim 2" contains many scenes in various episodes where 1, 2 or 3 of the main girl characters are either standing in class with hands above head as punishment, or they kneel (again with hands up) in the hallway or in the teachers lounge, or the entire class kneels on their desks with hands up. One such episode is episode 9, but there's more (it's been a while so don't remember the episode numbers) so you may want to watch the whole 50 or so episodes of the series for a full count. You won't be disappointed. The punishments are always given by the same very severe maths teacher who also tends to yell a lot at the kids and besides the stand or kneel with hands up punishment he's also strapping the main female character on her hands in episode "twenty-something" (sorry, again don't remember the exact episode number) or having her and one colleague hold a book with their foreheads :))

- the sequel of Sharp 2 / Banolim 2 is ...you guessed it...Sharp 3 / Banolim 3. In this one the kids go to highschool (so around 17yo) but they continue to have the same mean, wooden ruler yielding math teacher. Again don't remember any episode numbers but there's one episode where the entire class is punished by the said math teach to kneel on their benches with their hands hold horizontally in front of them. Later on, in another episode, the kids go to an army bootcamp (I guess given the nuclear ambitions of Mr. Kim it can never hurt to have a first taste of the army at such an early age) where they are again punished by the commanding officer by having to hold their hands in front of them on the training ground (boys and girls are punished like this together).

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPT47m_U6I
not really a punishment, but rather nice video of a girl getting checked by airport security on both legs of her flight. The first check is more informal and quick, but in the second one the lady from the TSA seems to be on a power trip ordering the girl to extend her hands firmly to the sides, "palms up"...the scene goes on for quite a bit with the girl having to maintain this posture throughout the check.

That's about it from me and for now, would love if other members could grow this initial list further.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Another_Lurker

Re: timeout punishment (standing with hands up, kneeling, holding books etc.)

October 4 2010, 11:29 PM 

Hi bambam243. I don't know if you've posted before, if not may I say a personal welcome to this estimable Forum. You are not really in an area of CP I normally get too much involved with, except in defence against our occasional influxes of fun pesters, a term coined by my distinguished fellow contributor Alan Turing to describe those frivolous posters who start threads like Coodgee Piers dealing in a silly way with punishments such as ear pulling, as incorporated into the sub continent punishments such as Murgha. Indeed, some of our contributors claim that ear pulling, arm raising, weights on outstretched hands, nose in corner etc., are not corporal punishments at all, although I disagree.

However, I am intrigued by your clever Google reference, and you've certainly done some excellent research to judge from your links above. You will in fact find many of these sorts of punishments mentioned here in various threads. Indeed, you seem to have found a few references already. The Forum search mechanism, accessible from the top of the index page, is quite useful in tracking down references here, the trick is finding the right search term, persistence pays! happy.gif

You mention the Korean High School video/TV series called 'Unstoppable High Kick' and mention a reference in a post here to the scene where two girls have to kneel on a desks with their arms extended above their heads. I can't remember who posted the reference here, but I've got a copy of the video clip. It is still linked on this Korean Insider page but on following the link you'll find the clip has been deleted from YouTube following a complaint by the copyright holder.

The scene ism't actually any great shakes. The two girls, dressed in rather fetching school uniforms, are for reasons best known to the script writer seated at desks in a corridor by themselves. They chat happily together until a male teacher briefly exits from a door and angrily orders them to kneel on the desks with their arms extended above their heads, which they do very prettily. The male teacher is carrying what looks like a fairly ferocious whacking device, and I would have been much more interested if he'd ordered them to bend over the desks instead of kneeling on them, but 'twas not to be. To each his kink! happy.gif

However, there may yet be hope. With their arms extended above their heads they start to jostle each other and squabble, and the clip ends as they turn their heads, with startled looks, in the direction of the door housing the male teacher, although we don't see what they are looking at. So maybe in the actual complete video I get my wish and the whacking device is deployed after all! happy.gif

Another_Lurker

That 'Unstoppable High Kick' two girl punishment

October 5 2010, 3:29 AM 

Hi bambam243. It appears that it was in fact me who posted the reference to the two young ladies being punished in 'Unstoppable High Kick', in this thread.

To whet your appetite here is a picture of the two 'schoolgirls' undergoing their raised arm punishment.

'Schoolgirls' Yu Mi and Hae Mi  kneel on desks undergoing the raised arm punishment in the Korean series 'Unstoppable High Kick'.
'Schoolgirls' Yu Mi and Hae Mi kneel on desks undergoing the raised arm punishment in the Korean series 'Unstoppable High Kick'.

savinda

hello friend

October 9 2010, 10:11 PM 

hello friend bambam243,

i read ur article on corporal punishment and kneeling down specially. i'm also very interested in finding those stories.

do u come online on yahoo messenger or skype? which country r u from? write to me ok. my email adress is savirock87@yahoo.com

if u can drop me an email with a response to this please

your friend,
savinda

American Way

August 16 2013, 7:09 PM 

Sometimes home and school corporal punishment are similar and such seems to be the case in Korea.

Funny Video.

http://youtu.be/IIrhz-45CNk

I simply call it posture punishment. Image.

CLICK

Video.

CLICK

Korean Punishment Wall Time Punishment.

It is the classic "standing against the wall, contemplating what you did wrong" position.

It's kind of a daily curiosity of mine to walk by the main office and see how many students are "enjoying" a little wall time.

CLICK

CLICK

Can anyone track down information concerning this picture. It's a classic of a man caning a girl

CLICK

hcj

August 17 2013, 10:32 AM 

The writer in the last-but-one link makes the following comment:

I won't be talking about punishments where there is contact between the teacher and student, just about the silly positions they are put into when they do something wrong. Most punishments Danny and I have seen are more comically pathetic than anything.

I can only think that the writer has not really experienced these punishments for a typical duration. If so, he would not describe them as either comic or pathetic.

I caution forum contributors that if they try them - for maybe twenty minutes without a break - they will soon find aches and pains in muscles they had forgotten about! The positions are not as silly as they might appear.

Another_Lurker

August 18 2013, 1:06 AM 

Hi American Way,

Regarding the final link in your August 16 2013, 7:09 PM contribution, you say:

Can anyone track down information concerning this picture. It's a classic of a man caning a girl.

I could be very wrong about it but I think the picture's only claim to fame is as a classic fake. I believe it is a superimposed picture involving a man swinging a golf club. Infuriatingly I can no longer locate the 'fake pictures' site which discussed it in some detail. I think I've linked the site here when this picture came under discussion previously. There is also another version of the picture where the girl is being kicked by some sort of kick-boxer.

Another_Lurker

August 18 2013, 1:32 AM 

Hi hcj,

You said above of the punishment postures used in Republic of Korea schools:

I caution forum contributors that if they try them - for maybe twenty minutes without a break - they will soon find aches and pains in muscles they had forgotten about

Especially if they try this one!

American Way

August 18 2013, 3:39 AM 

I think I did post the classic caning but I don't think that was the man in the golfer pose. It was not so much a fake per se image but one from a television program. Maybe you can tell by its quality. It will come out in due time I'm sure.

A_L I really think the upside down position would be good for someone who might be bored with the brace position. happy.gif Not all that a challenge for a rock climber but still a disincentive for multiple trips to the conference room. happy.gif

Off for another week of consulting.

American Way

August 18 2013, 4:42 AM 

It didn't take me much time to track it down.

This was posted on March 21, 2011.

CLICK

CLICK

http://www.monster-island.net/2010/08/to-beat-or-not-

A_L the following day you in your usually timely responded.

This shot was taken with a good camera and I believe it was an actual caning.

Well I certainly can't shoot you down, although some opinion on the web says that it was Photoshop'd. I wonder if Tavi is correct in saying that it may be from a movie or TV series. A lot of entertainment material from that part of the world contains school scenes depicting corporal punishment, sometimes very realistically.

It is difficult to imagine that it was taken surreptitiously, but I suppose it might have been. I've never seen picture quality capable of supporting a frame grab as good as that in a surreptitious video, but it isn't impossible. It certainly isn't uncommon in surreptitious videos for several pupils to be at the front of the class being punished at the same time, and histrionics such as those being demonstrated by the girl on the left aren't uncommon either.

CLICK

This is the source of the picture if this is of any help? I can't do much with if for my lack of foreign language skills.

http://m.blog.daum.net/yemeak/7451806

Another_Lurker

August 18 2013, 5:43 AM 

Hi American Way,

Well done for locating the earlier discussion. I'm sure you wouldn't do it deliberately, but you are ever so slightly misrepresenting the exchanges which took place there over the photograph discussed above.

The previous discussion was in the Korea guidance thread between March 20 2011, 6:30 PM and March 21 2011, 5:36 AM.

It was you who said on March 20 2011, 11:50 PM:

This shot was taken with a good camera and I believe it was an actual caning.

I then responded on March 21 2011, 5:36 AM:

Well I certainly can't shoot you down, although some opinion on the web says that it was Photoshop'd. ...........

Your above post suggests that both parts of the exchange were attributable to me.

American Way

Alternative SCP

October 5 2013, 9:08 PM 

Creative Punishments. 1895. Drawings by Felix E Mahony.

Old School Punishments. Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom.

CLICK

KK

Found by American Way

October 6 2013, 12:59 AM 

[linked image]

alex

time out

October 12 2013, 10:27 AM 

Received this at junior school. Normally following the slipper. Made to stand in corner with hands on head.

At hoe Parents would also do it following a slippering or spanking.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SchoolsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement