Return to Index  

My Introduction

August 21 2002 at 3:07 PM

Hi Joe and forum members, I am new to the reality boards but found the CFA and Senshido forums and through them I found this forum. I am a student of Chinese Boxing(Hsing I). This is a 400 yr old art often taught to the Chinese infantry because of it's simplicity and tactic of driving forward,seeking to occupy the enemy's space.Anyway I agree with what was said earlier; it's often not the art but the way it's passed on, based on
1.The teachers understanding
2. The teachers willingness to give the real goods.

My teacher is a former Western boxer who trains us rather than teaching us, there is a huge difference in training and teaching, and we try to practice our two man drills as realistically as possible always looking for ways to screw things up and possible counters. I am however not as familiar with gun disarms and most knife disarms that I've seen will likely get you cut.

I am also interested in adrenal/psychological aspects of combat and look forward to healthy discussion on these and any subjects related to combat.

"A student of Combat"
jason

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
 Back to FightingSkills.com