Return to Index  

Bullshido.com: What Do They Really Stand For?

September 24 2004 at 2:52 PM
Martial Artist 

Greetings to all my fellow martial artists. I've come across a lot of forums on the internet, and many of them contain many nice, openminded individuals, that are open to different points of view. I've come across a website called Bullshido.com which it's mission is said to be one of ridding the martial arts community of the scams and frauds that promote themselves, and lure in unsuspecting people.

On the surface this seems like a noble persuit. I know of some "frauds" in the martial art community and one such person, who I will not name because of my own reasons, writes books on ninjutsu without ever having actually trained in it themselves, and trying to pass off technqiues which he claims is ninjutsu, which actually isn't. I know this after reading about this author in another authentic ninjutsu book. The liers, the scams that people try to pass off are getting more attention because of this site, but after having been a member of this site for quite some time, I now see Bullshido for what they really are.

Many of the posts on this board are seemigly by young, adolesent boys who get into flame wars with other posters, name calling, and just plain rudeness and, in my opinion, extreme ignorance. Yes some posts are decent, calling out such frauds as the person I just mentioned, and people who try and promote a so called hand to hand combat method to the public that is just unsafe and ineffective. I have a friend who is a law enforcement officer who has taken their course and he tells me how what they teach will get someone seriosuly hurt if they try and use the techniques they teach.

From what I've seen (and others I've talked to have confimred this) the majority of the posters are all mixed martial artists and train in primarily brazilian jiu-jitsu and muay thai. Now this isn't a bad thing, however these people bash anything and anyone who doesn't share their ideas, that MMA is the one and only thing in martial arts. They disrespect all other martial artists, such as traditonal martial arts and the reality based martial artists that are becoming more prominent. To them, it seems, if it's not MMA (mixed martial arts) then it's ineffective for self defense and pointless. This can be easily seen by looking at the many posts. Now not all posters are like this, but most of them seem to be, which is immature and closeminded. If you even try and make a valid point that doens't go along with their MMA is everything mentality then you will be bombarded with insults and ganged up on. This has happened to me several times.

Not only do they have the forum but they also have an small event with the members called a Throwdown, in which a small group gets together to train together and meet. Now there isn't anything wrong with this, but I don't see what this has to do with stopping frauds. Many of the people seem to use this throwdown as a challenge arena to other posters.

The moderators are also very immature, and do absolutely nothing to "moderate" a situation. I even posted to the founder of the site and all I got back was insults.

I wanted to spread the word about this highly improfessonal website and possibly get them taken off line, but that's wishful thinking more than likely.

Thank you.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
 Back to FightingSkills.com