Return to Index  

Initial rough, but clear pics of a production Calibre 160, my personal watch.

November 10 2006 at 2:06 AM

bernardcheong  (Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

Here, in these pics, it is not immediately obvoius that the case is tri planar. It curves over the wrist on the back, but curves from 12 to 6 on the front!!!

This creates a VERY Dadaist impression on the immediate visual.

It is also VERY massive and heavy. The mass is immediately pleaant and very charismatic. The thickness is accentuated by the step ridge on the case back, and by the huge thick bezel of black polished solid wite gold...very hifg polish which was beyond that of my Opus 5. I am wondering if certain new coatings were used, especially that of Palladium...it is VERY bright and white.

The multi layered dial is an absolute surprise to me. MUCH better than I expected, and the hands are a delight, again a surprise..as it does not look that fantastic on a photo.

OK...I love the watch!

The level of finish is MANY times higher than a run of the mill UN, and I would say at the level above the freak, and close to the Genghis.

Look at the incredible sight of the escapement...this is a historic watch, with a true blue production of a new escapement in over more than a century.

The numbers 000 also help!!!

To all who are "considering", I can say...BUY IT.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page