Return to Index  

I knew it >>>

November 10 2006 at 6:35 AM
MichaelC  (Login MichaelC1000m)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Initial rough, but clear pics of a production Calibre 160, my personal watch.

Waaaay back when you and Marcus were teasing us with the first reports and picturs of this watch (the first as I recall being a picture of the UN boat across the lake, where the watch was visible on the sail), it called to me. I have not yet found that one "holy grail" piece that others speak of, but based upon your pics of the production piece my search is now over.

The case and dial are exquisite. I was able to discern in Marcus' early pictures that the case was not only oval from side to side but also curved from front to back. The way the bezel tapers towards the 6 and 12 is perfect; it appears thickest on the sides where it is widest in diameter. The proportions are perfect. As an architect, I really appreciate all of the design work that had to go into this watch. Round out the case with a cool combination of brushed and polished surfaces, add some luminous dots on the bezel wall (brilliant!), create a unique dial with multiple layers and throw in the new revolutionary motor... it is perfect. I love it.

Congrats Bernard!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page