Return to Index  

Part III - The Cocktail Reception and the Dinner

November 11 2006 at 8:36 PM

SJX  (Login JiaXian)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Ulysse-Nardin dinner report by Tay Kok Choon

The dinner was hosted in the Cherry Garden Restaurant in the Oriental Hotel.

The invite stated that the dinner starts at 7:30pm but I was quite surprised that guests turned up quite early. The guests were received by a cocktail reception outside the restaurant.

Before the guests arrived, Dr.Kenny Chan, CEO of The HourGlass, took a photo with some of his assistants. From left, Natalia, Cornelia, Dr.Chan, Yee Sah and Fang Ning.

Dr.Bernard Cheong and Mrs. Dolly Cheong, with Laurent Michaud, Regional Sales Manager of Ulysse Nardin coming all the way from Switzerland.

Guests enjoying some refreshments outside the restaurant. From left: Mrs. Seah, Mrs. Wee, Jim Seah and Stephen Wee.

From left: Dr. Bernard Cheong, Leonard Ross, Laurent Michaud, Mrs. Dolly Cheong and Dr. Kenny Chan from The HourGlass.

Lim Hock Thiam, General Manager of The HourGlass, standing in the middle of two guests.

This is the entrance to the restaurant. Cherry Garden Restaurant serves mainly Chinese cuisine and my personal experiences in this restaurant have been excellent.

Guest what I found on the floor to the entrance of the restaurant? Yes ,this huge sticker of the back-case of Anniversary 160 showing the fabulous calibre 160.

Instead of getting to their tables, guests were attracted to the many displays along the walk-way. Notice the Egg of the Tsars in the display. More about this later

Rolf Schnyder, President and owner of Ulysse Nardin, showing the Larry Wee and friend the Royal Blue Tourbillon....

Michael Tay, Executive Director of The HourGlass, gave a warm welcome to all the guests. On the left is Miss Bella from Switzerland, who would later entertained the guests with her sweet voice and sexy dance moves.

Rolf Schnyder,gave an account of how he decided to buy over Ulysse Nardin in 1983 and how Ulysse Nardin started using Silicium in the Freak movement development. Very enligthening indeed and we were fortunate to hear all these from the horse's mouth.

Guests were sitted either in round table or round table. All the guests I've spoken to ehjoyed the evening very much and some left the restaurant pass mid-night.

Never seen Duncan that embarassed before right? Bella was singing a love song to him while Larry Wee (left) and Natalia (right) looked on.

Laurent Michaud explaining to Jim Seah and Leonard Ross how the Freak's initial problems were solved and how UN is committed to that and always stand by its products.

Rolf sharing a lighter moment with Tan Puay Hiang.

Jim Seah with Su JiaXian (in light blue shirt).

Photographs and text courtesy of Tay Kok Choon

This message has been edited by JiaXian on Nov 12, 2006 6:30 AM

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page