Return to Index  

Part V - Some Special Watches on Display

November 11 2006 at 8:38 PM

SJX  (Login JiaXian)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Ulysse-Nardin dinner report by Tay Kok Choon

I would like to end this report with some of the very interesting pieces on display during the evening.....

The Genghis Khan

This is the reference number 786-88 Genghis Khan in 18k Pink Gold measuring 42mm with black Onyx dial with gold Automatons. This is the first ever Westminster Carillon Tourbillon Jaquemarts Minute Repeater, with a visible one minute Tourbillon. The Genghis Khan would be produced over a period of 8 years in a limited edition of 30 pieces each in 18k white and pink gold.

The Royal Blue Tourbillon

One of my personal favorites, this reference number 799-80 Royal Blue Tourbillon features a mesmerizing Flying Tourbillon set on sapphire crystal bridge and the hour indicators are set with 12 blue sapphires.

This is limited to 99 pieces in Platinum.

The St. Basil Red Square

This St. Basil Red Square is part of Ulysse Nardin's contribution towards the 200th Anniversary of the Kremlin.

This enamel Cloisonne dial is truly a collector's item and is limited to 30 sets together with the Egg of Tsars shown below, known together as the Kremlin Set.

The Macho Palladium 950

This is the same oval shape as the Anniversary 160 but it came out first. Above example is reference 278-70/609, with silver / grey dial and uses the special and precious case material known as Palladium.

Above is another example of the Macho Palladium 950 with bracelet, reference 278-70-8/609, same dial as the example on top.

All above fabulous watches, except the 2 Macho Palladium 950 were brought down specially from Switzerland for the event and I would like to thank Rolf, Laurent and all in Ulysse Nardin for bringing these wonderful pieces to us here in Singapore.

That's all Folks!

A big congratulation to the 160th Anniversary of the Ulysse Nardin and I am very sure that there will be many more 160th years of celebration in the future for this excellent watch brand!

I would like to take this opportunity again to thank Mr. Rolf Schnyder, all in Ulysse Nardin, Michael Tay and all in The HourGlass for another memorable evening!

Cheers,
KokChoon
10.Nov.2006

Photographs and text courtesy of Tay Kok Choon

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page