Return to Index  

i thought the same, about UV and atmospheric contaminants

November 23 2006 at 2:46 PM
larryccf  (Login larryccf)


Response to Very interesting, and difficult to answer ...

 

but had ruled those out as it's seen so little time off the watchwinder, relative to wear time

but you might have something there on the plastic in the winder
it was a new winder, and not only is the cup plastic (more a flexible polymer, similiar to car dashboard plastic) and there's an outer cup surrounding the whole cup

i know car plastic gives off a pretty toxic vapors when new, but thought that was in hot sun and the heat of the car helping it release those vapours

could be, don't know
as the rubber is already showing use, i'm going to remove the rubber and see what a good scrubbing will do and if it cleans it up, seal it with some pure silicone


 
 Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page