<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My wife was sure the minute we unpacked the Maxi it was a keeper -

October 6 2003 at 8:55 PM
Jim Rothbarth  (Login jnr88)

and today she decided she would be the one keeping it. After a few weeks of gentle hints the Maxi became hers. We resized the band in minutes and it looks smashing on her. This will be her first mechanical watch in quite awhile and I hope she loves it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ei8htohms
(Login ei8htohms)
AP Discussion Group

very cool, I'm sure it looks great on her! (nt)

October 7 2003, 5:46 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

Great to hear that my wife is not the only one preferring large watches ...

October 7 2003, 8:38 AM 

Currently, I have to fight with her to get back my Marine Diver I had borrowed her for our vacation. Which version do you have? Black dial?

Marcus

Respond to this message   
Jim Rothbarth
(Login jnr88)

Welcome back Marcus. Unfortunately "have" has been replaced with "had."

October 7 2003, 10:46 AM 

Mine was the Black version. She went on a short vacation today and was so happy on the way to the airport. Twice she asked if I needed the time- she knows I have some visabilty issues with my Offshore. I have the alligator with deployment on order and it will only take a moment to enjoy the watch again. Luckily the Blue Max remains firmly in my possession.

Respond to this message   

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

How did you fend off your wife's interest in the Blue Max? ...

October 7 2003, 11:47 AM 

When my wife spotted the Diver, she was immediately intrigued. Thanks to UN, I had a decisive argument against her ambitions: Once the expensive rubber strap is shortened, it can never made longer again. Well, this worked until I was persuaded in a weak moment to buy a nice Hirsch rubber strap in black/silver, matching perfectly the MD's silver dial. Now my defences are obsolete, claiming that I can change straps whenever necessary, she usurpated the watch as well the moral authority to wear it.

My chance is that I know my wife very well. It will not last very long, until she returns to her very own watch, an Union Regulator with blue-silver dial, simply because she likes the looks of its steel bracelet so much (of course I will never, ever buy a steel bracelet for the Marine Diver!!).

Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   
Jim Rothbarth
(Login jnr88)

It was easy- A new handbag,perfume,body oils, wine and dancing. Then it got expensive.(nt)

October 7 2003, 2:52 PM 

Respond to this message   

Anthony Tsai
(Login AnthonyTsai)
AP Discussion Group

Rofl!

October 7 2003, 6:19 PM 

Hehehe I'm lucky that Ping doesn't dare touch my watches She only gets to wear one if I decide it's a hand me down. Then again, most of my watches are way too big for her wrist. Ahh hah! That's the secret...buy a watch that's too big for her wrist <wink>

Cheers!
- Anthony

Respond to this message   
Jim Rothbarth
(Login jnr88)

We would all like your handmedowns but they would still look best on Ping. (nt)

October 7 2003, 6:57 PM 

Respond to this message   

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

No use in my case ...

October 8 2003, 3:49 AM 

My wife felt absolutely comfortable with a 46mm Glycine Incursore on her wrist. She had to hand it back to me, however, since (she worked with a conventional dark chamber for developing X-ray pics at that time, now it's all digital) once the Glycine's bright luminous hands and numerals apparently adorned somebody's lung!

Marcus

Respond to this message   

ei8htohms
(Login ei8htohms)
AP Discussion Group

LOL, that's very funny! I can imagine a good commercial for Luminox watches! (nt)

October 8 2003, 4:11 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page