<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone seen (or own) a Macho Palladium yet?

November 14 2006 at 12:20 PM
Blake  (Login ABlakeG)

So has anyone actually gotten the Macho Palladium yet? No interest in this piece? I am leaning toward getting one, but am a little leery of getting one sight unseen. Anyone want to share a wrist shot so I can see how the asymetrical case looks. I am looking at the silver dial/strap version (278-70/609). This would be my first UN piece.

Thanks in advance,

Blake

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

All I can offer are these pictures ...

November 14 2006, 12:40 PM 

... they show the Anniversary 160, but it shares the same case design with the Macho, so you should be able to study the very peculiar outlines rather well:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/201110/message/1144249447/

Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   
Enthusiast
(Login cmtusk)

These are from UN's site

November 15 2006, 12:51 PM 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Respond to this message   

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

We had these in our News Central section already since a while, although ...

November 15 2006, 3:14 PM 

... they unfortunately do not show the case's very unique shapes when seen from the side.

Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   

bernardcheong
(Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

I don't have one but...

November 17 2006, 4:27 PM 

I handled the case metal before it went into production at UN.

I was and still am VERY impressed with the brightness of the metal, it almost GLOWS, unbelievable!!!

Also, altho it seems very heavy.

I like weight.

Having a similar shape 160 UN, I highly , very highly, recomend this watch. The case construct and shape is 100% absolutely desirable, I can't find words...it is not "beautiful", but it is just VERY desirable..funny.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login ABlakeG)

Re: I don't have one but...

November 18 2006, 1:28 PM 

Thanks so much Bernard. I had the opportunity to handle both dial versions of the Macho at my local dealer last night (along with the Anniv. 160 and some other goodies). I was a little wary of the shape of the dial, but I have to say that I was taken aback by how much I liked it. The casework and finishing were great. I also really liked the Anniv 160, but I just wished it came with a white or silver face rather than the blue face.

This might be my first UN purchase.

Blake

Respond to this message   
Nathaniel
(no login)

Macho Palladium 95

November 18 2006, 7:32 PM 

Does anyone know the approximate prices for the different macho palladium 950's?

Respond to this message   
Nathaniel
(no login)

Re: Macho Palladium 95

November 18 2006, 7:46 PM 

Respond to this message   
Blake
(Login ABlakeG)

Re: Macho Palladium 95

November 20 2006, 6:53 AM 

US Retail for the two on the strap is $19.8K. On the bracelet is ~30ishK. I saw them at a trunk show that my local dealer had for UN this weekend. They had both the dial variations, and I have to say that while I liked the black/blue dial, the silver one really stood out for me. I liked the watch more than the Anniv. 160 that they had there (sorry Bernard!) because while it was a beautiful watch, and the movement is truly something special, I really did not like the blue dial. If it was made with a silver dial, that would have pushed it over the top.

I am seriously thinking about the silver dial MP 950 as my first UN watch. I like the fact that it comes with a palladium deployment, not just a buckle.

Blake

Respond to this message   
Thomas
(no login)

I saw it in July/August

November 19 2006, 10:50 AM 

at the front window of the Ulysse Nardin boutique in Hong Kong. It was explicitly listed as being "not for sale however"

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page