<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Advice needed on Michelangelo Lady

November 19 2006 at 7:00 PM
Alan Tan  (Login alpaje)

Greetings,

Hi i brought a UN Michelangelo Lady watch for my wife few years back (mayb 3?). She has not been wearing it until recently. It functions well initally but of late she told me something weird about the watch. It stops when she is not wearing it and leave the watch overnight. Initially i though it has to due with the power reserve of the watch has been used out since she has the habit of not wearing the watch everyday.

So i wind the watch according to the instruction given (60 turns=16hours reserve). Everything works well in the day when my wife is wearing it but once she took it off and leave it for overnight, the watch stop moving the next day. I am puzzled by this and even place the watch in my watch winder (overnight), but it doesnt resolve the problem.

Do you think it has to do with the power reserve? Or is there a better explanation on this? Should i bring it for servicing?? Appreciate any advice.

If i am not wrong, the watch is using the UN-10 movement.

Thanks for any advise.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

Could be the winding mechanism ...

November 20 2006, 1:51 PM 

... maybe the ball bearing of the rotor is not so smooth any more and prevents the rotor from building up a reliable power reserve. If it has worked flawlessly before, under the same conditions of use, I would have checked it by a watchmaker.

Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   
Alan Tan
(no login)

Thanks

November 20 2006, 5:30 PM 

Greetings,

Hi thanks for yr reply. Guess i will have no choice but to send the watch for maintenance. Hope it will work fine thereafter.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login alpaje)

One more thing

November 26 2006, 9:42 PM 

Greetings,

Hi pertaining to my nardin watch problem. i have decided to send for servicing. I would like to know whether it is ok to send this watch to a non-authorised nardin watch repairer? Beside the cheaper service price, what other things i should take note of if i were to send it to a non-authorised nardin watch repairer? Is it advisable??

Thanks

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page