<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bracelet interchangeability

November 23 2006 at 7:45 AM
larryccf  (Login larryccf)

I've got a Bracelet that i had purchased for my UN Blue Wave, and knew it was also the same bracelet UN supplies for the newer 41MM Marine Chronometer & Marine Chronographs

from the below picture of the new brown dialed UN Maxi Diver, it appears to be the same bracelet used on that model, with what appears to be "end link" adaptor peices

can anyone confirm?

I'm putting my bracelet up for sale, and it would help sell as it would expand my potential market

Btw, the bracelet is absolutely stunning, and looks beautiful installed, just a little too heavy for my slim wrists

tks in advance

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
larryccf
(Login larryccf)

forgot to post pix

November 23 2006, 7:56 AM 

2nd one, of the Maxi Diver, is borrowed from MichaelC's post just below

Respond to this message   

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

Don't think they can be interchanged ...

November 23 2006, 8:18 AM 

... or better: that there are any "adaptor end pieces" for the Maxi Marine Bracelet to mount it on the Maxi Diver. Assumin that aside the different width, the Maxi Diver bracelet does not differ technically from that for the normal Diver, the end link is one solid piece, so what appears in your pic to consist of three pieces (center and two side pieces), is one. However, the end links are screwed to the bracelet, like the adjustment links on the clasp side. So it could be that the different end lnks can be purchased extra, and replaced ont he bracelet, which would give you the possibility to use the same bracelet on all your UN watches. I'd ask you dealer to send a request to UN on this.

Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   
MichaelC
(no login)

You know, I don't mind you using my picture here...

November 23 2006, 8:51 AM 

but I really do not care for you linking it to your ebay auction without even asking first.

And when you ammend your auction to remove my photo, you may want to clarify that while the bracelet may be the same, the clasp on a Maxi Diver is totally different.

Respond to this message   
larryccf
(Login larryccf)

when i was emailed "your" photo, i didn't know whose

November 23 2006, 10:58 AM 

it was

recognizied it when i came back here
but before you address someone so condenscendingly, you might want to study the legal concept of public domain, you did post that image in a public domain without any copy right protection

i've removed all reference to the maxi diver from my ebay offering
suggest you might consider loosening your bowtie some

Respond to this message   
MichaelC
(no login)

It is just a common courtesy among collectors Larry...

November 23 2006, 11:11 AM 

Had you emailed me and asked, I would have taken any new shots you asked for to be a help. That is my nature. My reputation around this website is 100%.

Respond to this message   
larryccf
(Login larryccf)

I understand the common courtesy part, but as i

November 23 2006, 12:51 PM 

stated, someone EMAILED me that photo telling me it looked identical to the one i was offering, and asking me if i was certain it would not fit the maxi diver series

if you push away from this, you could have emailed me as well, off my ebay listing, informing me in a non-public forum of your displeasure and i would have also removed it from ebay, just as i did earlier, but the difference being, it would have been a more positive response

factually, when i came here and found it was a picture you had posted, i so credited you, but also factually, your posting it in a public domain without copyright notation, you've made it public domain property, here in the U.S.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

WOW...BOXING GLOVES ARE ON!!!

November 23 2006, 5:55 PM 

NT

Respond to this message   

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

First, second ....

November 24 2006, 7:05 AM 

First, Michael: You could have contacted Larry privately, via E-Mail, onthis issue. Your dispute does not belong into the forum. Larry's e-mail address can be found in his header of the post (beneath the Avatar), but also, as he himself wrote, via Ebay.

Second, Larry: The existence of immaterial property does not depend on printing a copyright clause on every word or picture reproduced in what you called "public domain". Unless, of course, the public domain character of the product, be it word, be it picture, is specifically stated. I assume you do not have a "(c) Larry" burnt into your forehead when leaving your house, but nonetheless nobody is allowed to use your face in an advertising campaign without your permission.

I am aware that the internet is unfortunately creating wrong impression about the rights of the individual, especially when it comes to intellectual property.

The use of pictures at Ebay, showing an article different from that factually auctioned, thereby causing the prossibility of bidders placing their bids based on wrong assumptions, is an entirely different issue of its own, and shall not be further elaborated.

I hope I can consider the issue closed, at least as far as the forum is concnerned, before I HAVE to close the issue, physically ...

Best regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page