<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lack Of Sleep?

February 7 2002 at 4:53 AM

ok i was diggin back to the very first threads and someone mentioned they can't have LDs because their lack of sleep. ok i get like maybe 6-7 hours of sleep a night. is this harmful in the attempt to accheieve lucidity? if so please help me by explaining everythign and how i can fix this. lol

and why doens't anyone respond to my threads/posts!?!?!? gah!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Monitor199

Re: Lack Of Sleep?

February 7 2002, 5:14 AM 

Some of the studies done on lucid dreams show that most of your longer dreams and most of your lucid dreams occur near the end of your REM cycles. Usually after 6 hours of sleep. That's why if you sleep in on the weekends, you're more likely to get lucid dreams (or long dreams, or any kind of dream).

I used to record the time and day of all my lucid dreams and I found the same result. They were usually on weekends, and they were usually in the late morning. I have difficulty getting to sleep when I first go to bed, though, so I can't really tell you how many hours into my sleep cycle that is.

Personally, I don't think you'll have trouble with it if you get 6 or 7 hours. That should be plenty. But a couple of extra hours on the weekends would be like a bonus.

Respond to this message   

Something else you should try

February 7 2002, 12:00 PM 

Monitor is right--I would say that most of my lucid dreams are right at the end of my sleep cycle, but not all. I have also found naps to be quite effective, when I have the opportunity to take them. Good old siestas ...which give cause for fiestas! (when you have a lucid dream). Time to buy a sombrero ;)
--no I am not spanish, mostly irish, by the way... looking for a cute little feisty italian girl to rock my world.

Respond to this message   

Sleep

February 7 2002, 6:50 PM 

yeah on the weekdays i only get like 6-7 hours of sleep and then i have to wake up and immediately start getting ready for school and have tons of things on my mind and have no time to keep dream jounrals. but yeah, on the weekends i sleep til like noon or all the way up until 2 or so. i'll concentrate on LDs then

thanx for the help monitor..

Respond to this message   
Monitor199

February 7 2002, 9:34 PM 

No problem. If you have a lucid dream but don't have time to write it down, try to keep the main details of it in your head throughout the day and jot down a note or two the first chance you get.

For some reason, it's like dreams slip away from our memories over time. When you look at a dream journal a year later, it's amazing all of the memories that start flooding back.

Respond to this message   

February 8 2002, 6:42 AM 

Yeah... I have been getting rotten amounts of sleep lately and my dream recall has dropped to almost complete zero. All I can recall from last night is driving a car somewhere and MAYBE something about my sister.
Its a drag... so in my case... getting a full eight hours of sleep really does matter.

Respond to this message   

Lack of sleep

February 9 2002, 3:11 AM 

Lately, due to work commitments, I've only been getting around four hours sleep. I usually sleep between around 5am to 9am, go to work around 10.30am to 6pm then grab another four hours sleep between 7pm and 11pm before going back to work (I work in a nightclub btw).

Anyways, recently I've been having very frequent and long WILD's. I don't know if that's down to my new sleeping habits or if it's becuase I'm spending what free time I have on this forum.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Lack Of Sleep?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SpiritualityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement