<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ALERT

March 11 2002 at 7:00 AM

Whats happening to all the posts located on this forum? PasQuale was talking about libarians singling out good posts and moving them to the archives, but i think it would be so much better if we just moved everything into the archives so we could just search for good posts. Ive really been wanting to search these posts.

Furthermore, Im going to miss this old forum Yes, i know it sounds rediculous, but its so cool, everything all jumbled up into one big mess. In the new forum, things are sorted and organized into their own groups, so its going to be like all the people are sorted into their own groups, not like a big group where everyone sees everyones post. hehe, i like the big group thing. Oh well...

Have you guys read my dream journal on the new forum?

-VisionDreamz (Formally known as Valadin)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Fear not.

March 11 2002, 7:46 AM 

All of these post will not be lost. And I'm sure the "big group" that you enjoy about the forum will still exist. Think of your dinner plate. You could just pile all of your food into a bowl and enjoy it just as much. But if your servings are well divided and placed conveniently on your plate, then your portion's "flavors" do not "conflict" with one another. You can "eat" what you want first, skip what is not your "taste", or save your "dessert" for last. Everyone loves our food, our banquet is just held in a nicer establishment, with nice "dinner-ware!" Not to mention it's all you can eat!

I'm not sure of the final decision pasQuale is going to make about this forum. I think she is eventually going to turn it into a "read-only" forum. I think it would be a great idea to convert every post into the new forums "archives." Then we would be able to search it all from there. This will take time though. With 65+ pages on this forum, and 50 post per page, thats 3250 post to have to move. That requires viewing, copy, formating, posting 3250 times! Imagine it taking 5 minutes to covert/move each post. That's 16250 minutes!! 270+!!! hours Heh, if this were a full-time job it would take more than 30 days!!

Rise and shine!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - ALERT
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SpiritualityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement