<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Religion and Lucid Dreaming??

June 21 2001 at 3:23 AM
ppatsrawk 

I know this must be regular subject, however this is my first post. I was wondering what the thought were on this, and also any newbie tips...

Religion, a form Christianity, with a twist of wiccan, and Buddism....dont ask. My savior is Jesus, son of God.

any input appreciated~

~ppatsrawk~

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Craig

me

June 21 2001, 8:37 AM 

I find a lot of the Buddhist ideas very interesting, and perhaps partially believe in some of them (reincarnation, for example), but, I'd really consider myself agnostic.

Did you have a question about lucid dreaming (since it was in your topic)?

Respond to this message   
El_Duderino

Question:

June 21 2001, 2:53 PM 

Was your question going to be:

How is lucid dreaming seen from a religious point of view?

Well, if it wasnt, then I'll ask it. ;-p Sorry to hijack your thread!

By the way, I'm really open minded about everything at the moment... although I still probably believe that Christianity was a social tool designed to control the working classes (damn Sociology).

Respond to this message   
ppatsrawk

Untitled

June 21 2001, 3:27 PM 

How is lucid dreaming seen from a religous point of view?? is exactly my question :)

hijack, my thread?? I just hijacked this board..:)

j/k of course...

thank you guys for the responses, I will check in later...

~ppatsrawk~

Respond to this message   
ppatsrawk

Untitled

June 21 2001, 3:17 PM 

Questions concerning how Religion fits in with Lucid Dreaming, I have only just come to this site, through friends, and I have a lot of questions...:)

How about to start, Do you find that, your Buddism theories on meditaiton, help you with Lucid Dreams??

Im sure I will have more for you..lol :)

~ppatsrawk~

Respond to this message   
Keith

I can't answer your question

June 21 2001, 3:45 PM 

but I believe in reincarnation and karma :-)

Respond to this message   
ppatsrawk

Responses...opps

June 21 2001, 3:45 PM 

I hope you know which response was for who...

the Buddism question is for Craig..

and the other for El_Duderino

sorry....will make my self more clear in the future~

~ppatsrawk~

Respond to this message   
Craig

Untitled

June 22 2001, 12:36 PM 

Meditation can definitely help get you in the right mindset for lucid dreaming. Also, in your day to day business, really pay attention to your surroundings. You'd be surprised at how often we just go through life subconsciously (this is especially noticeable while driving). Just clear your mind and observe everything around you, using all of your senses.

As for getting started with lucid dreaming, just read everything on this site, and check out some of the links. :)

Respond to this message   
ppatsrawk

thanks Craig...

June 23 2001, 9:03 PM 

I have found a lot of people do this, and dont even realize it....great advice...thank you I appreciate your input...and this site is very imformative...:)

~ppatsrawk~

Respond to this message   
CloudHelmut

Driving/Dying

June 23 2001, 11:36 PM 

The example of driving is a good one.When we notice that we are not paying attention it is powerful. "Holy Crap I could have kiled myself". Ten minutes later we are lost in thought again. It's only in this kind of casually dangerous activity we get such a clear insight into how untrained our attention is.

As far as the OP goes, certain sects of Tibetan Buddism has "Clear Light Dreaming" as one of it's main meditational focii.

It can also be imagined that much of human-written "Words of God", where honestly written, came out of seeking god in a dream. There they found their own highest ideals. I guess that would be a personal opinion.

Respond to this message   
lastfuture

not buddhist

June 24 2001, 11:32 AM 

due to a test that i made i am little buddhist but mainly chinese universalist...
but actually i don't believe in god.. nevertheless i had my first lucid dream and personally i think lucid dreaming is more related to creativity

-> lasty

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SpiritualityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement