Alcoholic Vietnam Vet

by CJ_in_WV

I have been married now for almost 2 years to a combat medic, vietnam vet. We dated for a year before we married. I told him upfront that I did not want to be involved with anyone with an alcohol problem. He assured me that he only drank a beer every now and then. Now I am aware of the depth of his problem. He can go months without drinking, then he can go months drinking heavy every day. It is like riding on a roller coaster of his emotions. I go to work and never know what mood he will be in that evening. Rage, sorrow, happy, emotionally bankrupt!!! I have never said a word to him about my disappointment in discovering his addiction, I feel it would make no difference. However I have spoke with him about not wanting to live the rest of my life being brought down by his misery. He has no reason to feel so hopeless and full of despair....we have everything a person could want. He is fine until he drinks.....then he becomes whatever mood settles on him at the moment. Does any vet out there have any advise...

Posted on Sep 6, 2004, 12:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on General DiscussionsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement