Some Facts about Studying in ChinaJuly 30 2010 at 3:50 PM
No score for this post
|sumatin in Saina (no login)|
I would like to take this opportunity to share some views of studying in China especially at this time of the year when students will be selected to study in China. I will give you the facts from my observation as a student studying in China.
1. There has yet to be a Bachelor graduate from PNG in China. It takes 5 years to do Bachelor.
2. Success rate for scholarship recipients is very low if not the lowest across all scholarships.
3. One of the toughest scholarships in terms of allowances and with no air travel allowance.
4. Language and cultural shock is a huge challenge and very humbling experience.
5. Most Chinese don't speak English and they will prefer you speak Chinese.
6. Less PNG wantoks travel to China as it is too far.
While I acknowledge the fact that challenge is everywhere we go, studying in China can be very challenging and rewarding. Please consider wisely in your decisions when choosing to study in China.
Wantok in Saina