DISCLAIMER

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Advice on Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada

July 17 2012 at 11:43 AM

Fellow Countrymen & Ladies,
I have secured a job in Estevan City in Saskatchewan province of Canada. My geatest worry is that I have never been in Canada. Can somebody there assist me with information relating to the following issues that are unclear to me;

1. Weather conditions
2. Racism.
3. Work environment
4. Any Kenyans contacts in Estevan
5. Any relevant information for an immigrants.

Kind regards

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous Coward

Re: Advice on Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada

July 17 2012, 2:06 PM 

call 118 118 the way yu applied. dont waste our tyme

Respond to this message   
Maich

canada

July 17 2012, 4:18 PM 

Canada is good in general Saskatchewan is a cold place just like most parts of Canada there is few black population mostly from the Carabian islands don't worry about racisists there is always a pocket of that anywhere you go in the whole wide world. you can reach me on the below email in case jim.tharaka@yahoo.com

Respond to this message   
Anonymous Coward

July 17 2012, 7:11 PM 

There is racism but it is not as bad as Kenyas tribal descrimination and chauvunism. Lakini wait for winter. But that does not scare me.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous Coward

July 17 2012, 8:33 PM 

Are you going with Miguna Miguna, or to work for him?

Respond to this message   
Julius

July 17 2012, 9:45 PM 

Hey, i was based in Calgary, Alberta for one year back in 2010. Weather wise, summer was hot but winter can get really cold.Can remember in january, the average temperature was around -20.The work conditions, much better than U.k and the pay is brilliant especailly, in oil and gas industry.
I didnt encounter any racism while i was there and Canadian are more friendly than people back here in u.k.There are few kenyans in Edminton Alberta, but not sure about Saskatch.Nway go for it, the quality of life in Canada is much better, and life is a little bit cheaper than u.k.I think a litre of unleaded cost 70p or less and houses are bigger and much cheaper.Planning to move to Canada permanently early next year.

Respond to this message   
tim

Canada

July 18 2012, 1:29 AM 

I have been to Canada on several occassions and from my contacts there i came to understand Saskatchewan in general is remote and in fact you get paid hardship allowance to work there. The canadian aborigines (I use this loosely) natives inhabit the region and it isnt a province. Temparatures are well below for instance when Halifx in Nova scotia is -12C the temparature in Saskatchewan could -22 but having said that I am aware there atleast three kenyans working as social workers there as well as health promotion workers. join the canadian migration forum and blogs and you will surely get more information. Working there is usually done if someone wants to save as every expenses is paid for hence the hardship allowance
good luck, leave your number i can talk to you if would like more information

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Advice on Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

DISCLAIMER