DISCLAIMER

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Kenya House an embarrassment and rip-off

August 19 2012 at 12:46 AM
Tony Maina 

I totally agree with previous comments about the Kenya house being organized by amateurs at the KHC. The commercial attache was responsible to arrange the venue and actvities. He should be sent home packing as even I could have done a better job. Brand Kenya is a joke too.
Kenyans were ignored. We were not allowed to enter on Sunday after the marathon because there was a pricate function. What a cockup. Private meeting my foot. These KHC officials are taking Kenyans in the diaspora for granted. Why spend tac payers money 250k for a function for a chosen few connected people who managed to enter without a fuss.

I saw NTV Kenya on YouTube interviewing Brand Kenya and saying how successful kenya house was but I totally disagree with them. What biased journalism. Even UKENTV's coverage was comical. Am sure they were paid to cover the event. As usual Janet is self-centred and it's always a matter of "myself and I" when is comes her coverage. She is not independent in her coverage and always tries to sing the tune so that they get next job. Fashion show my foot. Is UKENTV saying they were not paid. Uwongo. UKENTv's coverage of events in the UK is comical and not professional. It's family run and presenter very unprofessional and full of herself. Wake up and smell the coffee. Don't be biased.

Brand Kenya and Kenya tourist board should learn from other African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana & Russia who I managed to visit. Infect my Ghanian friend was with me on Sunday and he could not understand why Kenya house was not fun by Kenyans. It's because kickbacks were paid to KHC officials for the contract. What a way to promote the Diaspora community. Infect they should have approached Kenyan communities such as the Bedford group amongst others to bid for the job.
A friend who managed to go on Friday told me I didn't miss much as there was nothing there. The setup was wrong and the Kenya continent of politicians only came here to wow Diaspora community for votes. They had no interest with promoting Kenya as an investment destination. The Kenya govt spent over Ksh 5M just for officials stay. MPs were paid £1100 a day for the joyride. How many were available at the Kenya House to meet the Diaspora community. It's a shame.

The problem with Kenyan officials is that they are not patriotic and passionate about Kenya. All they want is what benefits them financially period
Not sure whether this message will be posted!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
WAMBUI

Re: Kenya House an embarrassment and rip-off

August 19 2012, 4:17 PM 

First,you need to spell check or preview your words before you post your comment.I wonder why you people can not leave janet alone. This seems to be pure wifu. I see this like the way You see a dog stopping a goat from eating the glass and yet dog will never eat grass. Surely we need to change and move on!

Respond to this message   
SAMMY

Re: Kenya House an embarrassment and rip-off

August 19 2012, 5:53 PM 

@ Tony i hear your pleas.The whole thing was bloody useless.The govt should have given the money to the athletees who got medals and am sure all of them would have worked tirelessly to win them. No media would have showed up if no money was paid or a deposit laid to air the events.so anyone saying it was for free is bleating fibs!!! And i repeat as well ' free my foot'. I think it would be advisable that JICHO PEVU to be invited for the next athletee events, by now the truth would be known with a trail of evidence.
I was personally sold a full kenyan logo sports kits/gear for 20 pounds by one of the official on duty in kenya house , she stated that was the only way they would make money to buy presents for families back home. The sports gear were kept under the table where they were seated!if you enquired of a free tee shirt she would say they were specifically meant for athletees but she didn't mind to sell some ! They Igot all her names if investigations are conducted. I

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Kenya House an embarrassment and rip-off
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

DISCLAIMER