PNGScape's PNG Sports Forum

LATEST NEWS

Respond to this messageReturn to PNG Sports Forum
Original Message
  • Re: 5 Kumuls Linked to NRL Clubs
    • Nilpis blo Mussau
      Posted Dec 3, 2009 9:25 AM

Anon,we have to start somewhere. And I totally agree with the others re: Lam and Bai...both were good ambassadors for PNG when they were playing...na nau? They are all trying to make a big buck under the guise of the PNG NRL bid, which if you havent realised it yet, is a business by which the Sabumeis, Bais, Lams, Embels, and company will make heaps of kinas to allow PNG to participate in the NRL.
      Anyway, both men were very influential figures in their respective clubs during their playing days...but I guess they didnt want any other Papua New Guineans to surpass their achievements downunder, thus, this attitude. Gene on the other hand has continued to "whisper in the ears" of the League managers in the UK and has not turned up empty-handed.
      Regardless of the level of competition, playing overseas broadens one's perspective on the game as he tries out different styles of training techniques, comraderies, and yes, culture. If you didnt notice it, during the recent Pacific Cup, did you see how Yere "matter of factly" sliced through the opposing defences? How Wabo made a couple of big hits on players twice his size? and how Jason Chan broke the line on most hitups? These are the feats I am referring to which playing in a completely different environment, on a much more higher level than your previous comp, can produce.
      If you want them to play in Australia, because as you claim, the comp in the UK is a couple of notches down from the ones in Aust, THEN YOU ORGANISE AND MARKET OUR PlAYERS TO PLAY IN AUSTRALIA...sapos you nonap, ok, pasim hul paip blong yu na hamamas long ol lain play overseas.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options