Original Message
  • BRING BACK RUGBY LEAGUE ORIGIN
    • Max
      Posted Jun 21, 2012 5:37 PM

I say yes to this..

http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20120621/sport05.htm

‘Bring back Origin’

By KEVIN TEME

THE PNG Origin game should be reintroduced for PNG to select a better Kumuls side to prepare for the 2013 World Cup in England in October next year.
      Current Kumuls coach Adrian Lam made this call when giving his opinion on how best to pick a team based on performance to prepare for next year’s the World Cup.
      Lam said the PNG Origin match is made up of the cream of PNG based elite players known as the residents side who will go up against the overseas based players known as the international in the origin game where a final team will be selected to go into boot camp before heading off to the World Cup.
      “The Origin match is the best concept introduced back in 2009 and should be reintroduced this year to help prepare our Kumuls team for the World Cup next year,” the former Queensland’s Maroons halfback who turned his back on Australia to play for his country of birth, said.
      Lam said PNG can beat rugby league superpowers like New Zealand, Australia and England if proper attention was given to the game which includes strong junior development program and the national team having more international exposure.
      “The way the league is going is truly on its knees and at the moment no one is making the right decisions to move forward and as a coach, we do not want to put ourselves in that position again like the previous years,” Lam said.
      “As the saying goes, if you are always doing what you’ve always done, you will always get what you’ve done.”
      Lam also warned that players from leagues not affiliated to the PNGRFL which is the mother body will not be qualified for selection not matter how good they are. He praised the PNGNRL bid team for a job well done in the junior development and keeping rugby league alive in the country.
      “Without Brad Tassell and his hard working team, I don’t think such a high standard of profile rugby league players and competition would enter the country,” he said.
      “And they have also done well for rugby league in general with their strong junior development program in the country, and I applaud them for a job well done.”
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address