PNGScape's PNG Sports Forum

LATEST NEWS

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Sports Forum  

How good is MEndi In both Rugby Codes

November 14 2006 at 7:33 PM
Rugby fan 

Can anyone tell me how gud are these guys? took out the SP cup & now the MRDC PNG Rugby Union Sevens...what about the so-call high flyers from POM & LAE,,,pls ol mangi lo ples wipim ass blo yupla yah,,shame yah,,

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Union

Re: How good is MEndi In both Rugby Codes

November 15 2006, 11:09 AM 

tru tumas. it is a BIG disgrace for the so-called big boys of rugby to get upstaged by blokes who don't play union but can just wander in from playing league to go undefeated and walk away with the 20,000 bucks prize.
so mipela ol style mangi blo lae na pom mas askim yumi yet sampela tough question about how we train/play/select etc. kan.

fed up na pist off rugby player in lae

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 15 2006, 12:03 PM 

Well fair i sfair they won...POM coud have done better but unfortnately the organisers stuffed up the points and they had to have a re-match with Kimbe at 9am on Sunday...so as far as I'm concerned POM was there and will be there again and again...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 15 2006, 12:13 PM 

pist off?Hehehehehe your funny Union :*)

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 15 2006, 1:28 PM 

POM will NEVER win! Show off tumas.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 27 2007, 2:54 PM 

It was a good win but unfortunately they ended up fighting amongst themselves for the price money. na share blo mi tu we?

Respond to this message   
PyarenPyaro

November 15 2006, 4:20 PM 

Mendi's good right now. too darn good. I must say this, some the guys who played for Mendi in both codes offcourse, are either POM or Lae products. I understand there's a handfull of local talents in the camp but it's places like POM and Lae is where the stars are shaped..

Respond to this message   
Wopa Bisket

November 16 2006, 12:06 PM 

Rugby Union need to do like the Inter-City League and open up the competition, just too many recycled players in Union

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 19 2006, 6:07 PM 

The SHP currently has alot of good solid yound men running arround in League as shown by the Muruks in winning the SP Cup. The Union won last weeekend was also the Leaguies that took out the cup. Dont know about Union players in POM, na Lae nabout.

This message has been edited by 7milebeach on Nov 20, 2006 9:31 AM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 20 2006, 8:56 PM 

The MRDC 7's should've stayed a Club Comp...in that way it spread out the talent more from across the country and also the usual POM and Lae.

Making it a regional thing like it was this year created that re-cycling effect again..so we see the same old guys etc and you get POM players filling up other Union spots, like Manus.

Respond to this message   
meri mendi

November 29 2006, 8:46 AM 

pom are terrible.... what a waste of talent...these are the guys that went to singapore with the png 7s team and then they only won one game.
they come back to the MRDC 7s and get beaten by manus and kimbe. whoever was in charge of the selection to go to singapore should have just sent the mendi team. they probably wouldve won!!!

GO MENDI....OL KAM GUD YAH!!!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

April 27 2007, 2:49 PM 

Obviously you don't know your facts. The png rookies to Singapore do not come under the PNG Rugby Rugby Union Sellection Panel. It was under a privately funded quest, Douglas Guise Rugby Quest, now known as TURAGU RUGBY.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 22 2006, 2:05 PM 

This message has been edited by 7milebeach on Dec 27, 2006 8:16 PM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Thats right

December 23 2006, 1:55 AM 

Brother i am 100 per cent with u. They think they are da best in PNG or sumting. **** off POM try give other centres a chance. U know its not that u are in da city so yeah they'll choose u man get a life. And to the coach its time u should start looking at outside centres as well.

This message has been edited by 7milebeach on Dec 27, 2006 8:17 PM

Respond to this message   
chief

tok tok

December 23 2006, 2:45 AM 

union will never take of in this country how can league players walk in and just run amuck on players who have been playing the game for yonks must be something you try figure dat one out

Respond to this message   
x unitech

Re: tok tok

January 5 2007, 7:35 PM 

Absolutely agree that union will never take off if the selection of players is biased. I have first hand experience of players who could have easily made the PNG squad had they been given the chance to represent PNG in union.

Many of them left to pursue rugby league and sucesfully represented teams like the Lae Bombers & POM Vipers back in the days! Some of them even made it into the Kumul squad. PNGRFU officials have turned a blind eye to this exodus of potential union stars - these talents just slipped through the hands of people like Robin Tarere; to name a few Petrus Thomas, Robert Tela, (they were former unitech students).

It is shocking to see that selection is still biased nowadays. When are pukpuks going to be selected on merits alone?

x unitech

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: tok tok

April 24 2007, 4:17 AM 

Yes Mendi is a good rugby league team....winning the sevens only shows that rugby union in PNG is, pardon my french, but its ****.

Any other SP Cup team would have won that competition, hey which gives me an idea, see yous next year at the MRDC Sevens.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - How good is MEndi In both Rugby Codes
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Sports Forum