PNGScape's PNG Sports Forum

LATEST NEWS

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Sports Forum  

33 Stanly Gene "Believe it or Not"

October 23 2007 at 5:31 PM
Kela 

Ive known him {gene} for a long time. I was surprised when the Post Courier said he is 33 yrs old. He also mentioned that too.

Im the same age as him [35yrs].

"Believe it or NOT"

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: 33 Stanly Gene "Believe it or Not"

October 23 2007, 5:53 PM 

hahahaha...turangu planty ol PNG sha stap lon Aussie sha giaman puttim age blo ol go daun tumas 2 ya, ino em chol....Please av come across lots of peeps who claim to be at least 3 years younger than their real age. I suppose that's the way we have to deal with reality...lol..

Respond to this message   
Fakali

October 23 2007, 8:01 PM 

You just need to be careful re things like that on a public forum. Unless you have his birth certificate or some evidence to say otherwise.

Non of your business either pal.

charlie co

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 24 2007, 12:46 PM 

LOL..All the Stanleys are like that..Stanley Nandex tu isave daunim age blo em i kam daun..LOL.

Respond to this message   
Kus

October 24 2007, 12:51 PM 

If you meet a PNGean abroad who tells you how old he is,just add extra 2 yrs to his assumed age,,you will end up with his real age.

Respond to this message   
mama

October 24 2007, 1:02 PM 

Yu yet bai fillim guilty olsem yu downim age biong yu. Traim na tok tru ya!

Riddle hia!!

I will always go up but will never come down?
Answer: AGE

Come on PNG Men traim na tok tru long age blong yupela.

mama kela

Respond to this message   
Acting young!

October 24 2007, 1:53 PM 

To tell you all the truth! They can be older than 33 but ol stap lo form yet na putiim PNG go antap in their sporting profession...I bet all of you will be too old to even catch a ball when you're all in your late 30s! Sori tru lo yupla! Go the Stanleys and everyone acting-young people...y'all have done PNG Proud!

Respond to this message   
Rua

October 24 2007, 1:56 PM 

Honest Lapun but Wip YET!!..haha..lmao

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 24 2007, 2:35 PM 

I don't think it's a big problem to tell your age whatever figure you like. Just don't give a f.
Akon (Konvicted) was asked of his age and his answer was "I don't remember and I don't think it ****in' matters"

It don't matter.
Akon-fan
Konvicted

Respond to this message   
mauswara

October 24 2007, 4:22 PM 

lapun ya tasol kill yet.......... maski sam long age blong yupela taok stret ya.
wanem ol meri bai poret o? mi lapun 40 yrs old tasol mi maretim 30 yrs old misisi ya. igat wrong long dipela ha!! as ong as mi satisfim meri blong mi long bed ..........ino lon field.lol

40 yrs with hard kok and 30 yrs old withe flaps............eeeeeeeeeeahahahahahaha

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 24 2007, 6:30 PM 

Mauswara,

I can't believe how much your writing has degenerated.

P

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 24 2007, 10:10 PM 

Mauswara, you are 45 in fact. You lied to your wife that you were 40 and that's a fact.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 24 2007, 10:11 PM 

...and by now your dik must be as weak as a sleve of a whistle.

Respond to this message   
APO GKA

Stanely Gene em Mangi GKA

November 11 2007, 10:52 AM 

INAP YUPELA OLGETA SEM. STANLEY EM MANGI GOROKA-SEIGU, NA YUPELA INAP LON TOKTOK LONG AGE BILONG. EM INO PROBLEM, EM BAGARAPIM SINDAUN BILON YUPELA??

STANLEY MAMA KARIM EM LONG GOROKA BLUT KAPSAIT LONG GOROKA NA EM BAI DAI LONG GOROKA OLSEM NA NO KEN KLEIMS NATING.

APO TRU AVE.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 25 2007, 5:35 AM 

The fact is he is not 33 yrs old. I am about the same age as him.........we went to high school together. I am 36 yrs old now. He doesn't need to answer to anyone but the fact is that he lied about his age. Period.

Respond to this message   
Acting Young!!!

October 25 2007, 2:48 PM 

So what? it doesn't change anything...even if he said he was three! the fact is he's the best rugby league player this country has every produced and we all should be proud of his achievments. If he was taking drugs like Joey or doing something bad...then its something to make a fuss about. Age em peanuts ya olsem na lus tintin and GO GENE AND THE KUMULS!!!Showim France, Wales and the World that we're serious for the World Cup!!!!

Respond to this message   
GENE FAN

October 25 2007, 4:03 PM 

Does it matter that he is 33??he loves his footy and can still deliver and his fans also love him around. He is even recognised in PNG as well as in England. Whoever that is preoccied with age should go to hell. people donot know you, you bloody loosers.

Gene FAN

Respond to this message   
Yagl Gagmul

October 25 2007, 4:23 PM 

to tell you the fact, that "Kela" fella that initially posted this message is a jealous looser, maybe yu are the same age as Stan and know him well but you cannot play and also know very well that he has the potential to screw all your girslfriends, I believe he has already which prompted you to post this. I guess you are happy that he is in England, sapos em stap lo PNG bai yu suicide yah. just go to the field and beat him.
You harim ah, you AK

Yagl Gagmul

Respond to this message   
kela

October 25 2007, 4:48 PM 

yagl gagmugl,

stanley mas kuapim ash hole blon yu na sutim kan biong meri bilong yu ya long different time ya.

harim yu simbu mi simbu tu ya. mi lukim yu long 4 corner town ya bai mi hagamapim yu long pawa line, na bai yu kisim short circuit na flow long pawa line olsem "kebire kua" igo na die long han bilon girl fren blong yu.

yumi tok lon age tasol ino long girl frens nabaut.

yu saguma save kaikai man idai ya.

ene yagk tom we...sumbono no!!!!

Respond to this message   
KUS

October 25 2007, 6:15 PM 

LOL..nogat sem blo ol,olgeta taim oli laik con lo age blo ol.
Mi ting ol politician blo PNG tasol i save con tasol nogat,ol citizen tu save wokim.

Respond to this message   
YAGL GAGMUL

October 25 2007, 7:04 PM 

Ah sorre tru Kela man, you loose lo debate olsem na you tok nogut yah, Stan tru tru mas sutim meri blo yah, PITNO AWAN EDINGA, Kundiawa ples blo yu ah, if only I know who you are? Bai mi halvim Stan lo pinism wok blo em? yu harim, laki na yu hait lo computer na rait as you wish.
AWAN AGLKE ENDO,PITNO

YAGL GAGMUL
ENDU KANGI

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 25 2007, 7:43 PM 

Anyway lus tingting long Stan. Michael Mark is coming through now! Oh and all you Simbus in Europe go out there in Wales & France na sapportim tupela pikinini bilong 4 corner taun (Michael Mark na Porian Bal).

Respond to this message   
Monaku

October 26 2007, 3:25 PM 

Simbus do not bash themselves up like this. Who the hell are you Kanakas?

Get Real and get a life you loosers

Respond to this message   
yal kuare

my home bois (michael mark & porian bal)

October 26 2007, 8:22 PM 

Dream come true

KUNDIAWA Warriors dynamic winger Michael Mark has written a new chapter in Papua New Guinea’s rugby league history with his selection in the Kumuls touring squad to France and Wales.
From the village level to make the Kumuls squad now on tour in Wales and France is an unbelievable feat for the young man who is living a dream every village boy wants to live.
Mark, along with Pagini Warriors team mate and captain Porian Bal, was among 24 players selected after the inaugural Telikom PNG Origin played in Port Moresby last Saturday.
Both Mark and Bal represented the Residents (Reds) side in which Mark played on the wings and Bal came off the bench as a substitute forward.
The two men are following in the foot steps of former Kumul great Bal Numapo who was once like these men, itching to represent the country at the highest level.
Mark has also capped off his remarkable year with national coach Adrian Lam announcing he and Jessie Joe have been selected by North Queensland feeder club Northern Pride to join them for the next two years.
“It’s just happening so very quickly, to get selected into Kumuls and then learn about Northern Pride wanting me to play with them is a dream come true,” said Mark.
Another two players, Nickson Kolo and Steve Francicuss, have also raised eyebrows from NRL scouts and are in their books for possible selection into their feeder clubs.
Twenty-five-year-old Mark from Emai village in Sinasina district in Chimbu Province said it was his dream to wear the famous gold, black and red jersey one day.
And that day came on the evening of the announcement of the tour squad in Port Moresby last Saturday.
PNGRFL judiciary chairman Eric Kuman when announcing the “lucky ones’’ called out Mark as the 14th member of the Kumul squad to the delight of the guests who knew that the stocky winger was a potential Kumul in his own right.
Born to parents Maru and Evelyn on June 6, 1982 Mark never really completed his education and went as far as doing grade 7 at Muainu High School in Chimbu.
Never-the-less the young energetic man knew this was not the end of the tunnel and switched his focus to playing rugby league.
Besides doing odd jobs around the village, Mark played league at the rural level for his village team Works Panthers and for his aggressive approach in the competition Mark was rewarded with selection into the Warriors team.
At 23 Mark made his debut for his beloved Kundiawa Warriors franchise SP Cup team in last year.
The team, coached by Steven Gore Kaupa, made the final four but bowed out of the cup race.
In 2007 the Warriors were set to repeat their devastating form from last year but their season was riddled with spectator violence and player suspensions which led to points being deducted and eventually leaving the Warriors high and dry and out of the finals race.
But the national selectors, led by chairman Arnorld Krewanty, never lost confidence in the 82kg winger and his captain Porian Bal when they selected the two Chimbu players into the Prime Minister’s XIII side which historically drew the match 24-all with the Australian PM’s XIII last month.
It was Mark’s first time to represent the country at that level and little did he know that he was about to go one step closer to wearing the famous Kumul jumper.
“I’m really happy to be in the Kumul squad and I’m still coming to terms with my selection, it’s like I’m still living in my dreams,” Mark said during the Kumuls farewell function at the Grand Palace restaurant on Saturday night.
“I’m hoping I can continue playing good footy for the team and come away with a good result after the tour.” “I would like to thank my family back home, my coach Steven Kaupa and all our Warriors supporters for their help because it was them that made me to be where I am,’’ said Mark.
Mark’s Pagini Warriors coach Kaupa when asked what he thought about his winger getting the selectors’ nod for the Kumul tour, said, “What can I say that young man is special and I knew from the beginning when I started coaching him that he will go on to represent the country one day.
“As a coach I’m very happy for him and that’s the way to go because it’s a big encouragement and morale booster to young players coming through from Chimbu.
“Right from the village level to Kumuls is just unbelievable and the thought of him seeing France and Wales for the first time in his life is just a dream come true for Michael.
“I would like to thank the chairman of selectors and the national selectors for having confidence in him and Porian Bal.
“Michael himself is full of confidence and that’s why he deserved to be among the best of the best players in Papua New Guinea.
“Honestly I’m lost for words and it’s unbelievable just to see Porian and Michael come out of the village level to make the PM XIII’s first 17 then the Residents first 17 and now both have gone on and won a spot in the Kumuls tour squad.
“I believe my hard work as a coach to put them through hard training during our two SP Cup season is paying off handsomely and I congratulate the two men, they have done me, their family and Chimbu Province very proud.
“I also would like to thank Northern Pride for selecting Michael into their team, it’s a blessing in disguise and I’m very happy to see Michael go to another high level of playing rugby league.
“It’s a stepping stone for other young players from his area to follow in his footsteps and be like him one day.
“But it all comes down to total commitment and total discipline because without these guidelines, these young players will not achieve their life-long dreams,” Kaupa said.

Respond to this message   
emai dust mangi yah! mon neiya!

Re: my home bois (michael mark & porian bal)

October 26 2007, 8:28 PM 

From Village to Kumuls to North Q Cowboys feeder club.

Respond to this message   
mangi no.2 dika (emai yalki)

October 26 2007, 8:52 PM 

Go Michael i'm proud of you!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 26 2007, 10:00 PM 

rice na tin pis olgeta....

Respond to this message   
sineyal

October 26 2007, 10:33 PM 

Go Michael & Porian! Yupela all sinesine keep on producing those talented Kumuls & the production line of top footballers keep on flowing. Go on then Mark & Bal follow in the footsteps of so many other great sinesine Kumuls in the likes of David Tinemau (former Kumul capt); Bal Numapo (former Kumul capt); Stanley Gene (kumul & super league); Korul Sinemau; John Unagi; Randall Kaupa; Johannes Kola and the list goes on! that's just from sinesine..........and God knows how many other Kumuls have come from other districts of Simbu!!!

Simbus have served the Kumuls team in the past, present and will continue to do so in the future!

===============================

Yupela ol lain Kundiawa tokim ol sapotas long BEHAVE in next years SP inter city cup!

================================

If Porian & Michael can DO IT straight from the village then I say they are a great examples for young Simbus & young Papua New Guineans to follow. In todays world sports can propel someone from obscurity to superstar status! I can see Michael breaking into NRL (you'll know what i'm on about if you watch him play) - be decipline & commited to whatever sports!

Sineyal
former Vipers

Respond to this message   
Giu Emai Dusty Mangi yah!

October 27 2007, 2:14 AM 

Wanbel! Go Kumuls! The Wales are beatable.

Respond to this message   
home grown talents are my heroes!

October 27 2007, 2:46 AM 

Congratulations to those 2 guys & other home grown Kumuls - they've had to deal with 3rd world training infrastructure under the most difficult conditions as opposed to those who play outside of PNG!

Precedence have been set by Marcus Bai, Stanley Gene and Makali Aizue that our local boys from rural areas can make it in the big leagues around the world.

I really hope Michael Mark and Jessie Joe succeeds and break through into the NQ Cowboys 1st team.

Very proud of these boys!

Respond to this message   
engatambuak

October 29 2007, 6:20 PM 

this article about michael mark's touching. amen to what his warriors coach is saying, he deserve's a shot at the big time. only time will tell....sure sounds like he's headed the right direction. i pray all goes well.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 29 2007, 11:33 PM 

plis mipla save olsem these guys are from Simbu, noken surkim more yet, save boast lo politics go lo sports na at times you guys also fall terribly so noken apim nem blo yupla, everyone is proud of these guys achievements but you donot have to bring it a step further and tell everybody. larim ol narapla mas toktok na yupla kisim biknem, ino yupla yet. yupla harim, no offense.

Antnibara brothers

Respond to this message   
Mangi Wara Maket

October 30 2007, 12:30 AM 

I had the opportunity to see Michael play in the Selection Trials when the Warriors were stitching together their SP Cup team and boy Michael's game was superb.

I had another opportunity to watch Michael play againsts Australian side and everything about his game was outstanding. He single handedly Kumuls fired up the Kumuls to draw with the Kangaroos.

So long as he maintains his discipline and gets a good grooming before coming to Australia, I think he will go a long way.
Breaking into the North Queensland side is never out of question and mark me down, he'll probably make it in the first few weeks!! He's an electric player just like Bowen and Thurston.

Respond to this message   
Yeah

November 10 2007, 4:25 AM 

yeah!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 19 2007, 1:28 PM 

You forgot something bro Stanley is not the best ever player png produced i think he is second or third behind the great png player ever GREAT MARCUS BAI..

Respond to this message   
Confaul

DOBs Kumul

December 8 2007, 12:46 AM 

Talking about true date of births. Go to Wikipedia and check the current Kumul DOBs. I am surprised there are 3 people with the same DOB (April 8, 1987) and some of the DOBs look unreal for some of them. Could it be a mistake by the administator of the site???? Yupla skelim....

Rugby fan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papua_New_Guinea_national_rugby_league_team

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: DOBs Kumul

December 8 2007, 11:58 PM 

Rodney Pora and Charlie Wabo are real cons and I know that for a fact.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: DOBs Kumul

December 19 2007, 8:28 PM 

Warriors produced well but the Simbu people need a lot on behaving during rubgy games. They act as if they are still primitives.

Respond to this message   
Kumuls fan

Date of Birth

January 1 2008, 10:33 PM 

Full support I do not fully agree with these ages, maski long ekting young....some players whom I know are 2-4 years younger than myself..shame on yu guys....In the future original birth certificates must be produced to the officals before registering in official web sites....kaikai sem blo u pla...lapun na laim autim tiket blo 16 ah!!!! You guy are bringing shame to your self foremost and letting your fans down...but if conditions allow em nomol....

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Date of Birth

January 25 2008, 1:03 AM 

TRUPLA MAN

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 33 Stanly Gene "Believe it or Not"
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Sports Forum