<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Sports Forum  

Menzie Yere in great form for Sheffield Eagles

July 4 2009 at 2:14 AM
MangiToma 

Eagles face battle to keep Ropati and Yere
-------------------------------------------

Published Date: 01 July 2009
By Jim Collins

SHEFFIELD Eagles are preparing for a battle to keep their star centres Tangi Ropati and Menzie Yere.
Super League clubs have been alerted by the players' defence-busting style of try-scoring.

The two, in their first season in the British game, provide a devastating mix of styles - Yere raw power and Ropati silky-smooth breaks. Against Doncaster on the weekend the pair shared six touchdowns - Yere four and Ropati two - to bring their combined total to 19 tries.

Their play prompted Dons' coach Tony Miller to comment: "There are worst centres in Super League".
Eagles coach Mark Aston admits keeping the pair he signed at the start of the season may be hard.

"Both have the potential to play Super League," he said. "When we played Hull Kingston Rovers Menzie had it all over Jake Webster so they can do it at that level.

"We're worried about keeping them at the club - but it's nice to hear that people respected them because they are getting better."

Samoan Ropati is the Eagles' top try scorer with 10 but Papua New Guinean Yere is only one behind.

Aston added: "They are both quality players with different personalities and skills. Tangi has the footwork and the silky skills. Menzie is more grunt and force - he's strong and takes some stopping."

Ropati is the nephew of Iva Ropai who played for the Eagles in 1991-92 scoring 30 tries in only 27 games.

They will be aiming to boost their try count when the Eagles face Batley Bulldogs at Don Valley, on Friday (8pm).

Link:http://www.thestar.co.uk/rugbyleague/Eagles-face-battle-to-keep.5416488.jp

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
J.K flaps man

Re: Menzie Yere in great form for Sheffield Eagles

July 4 2009, 5:42 PM 

mangi toma anilaun ?? turagu ava gor ???? yoro yau vana yop !!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 4 2009, 8:43 PM 

That is very good to hear..Yere is a fine sporting ambassador..

Respond to this message   
xman

July 4 2009, 10:34 PM 

hey peoples menzie along with charlie, michael, and nico have all been going great guns in the uk so far and are showing the doubters in uk and australia that png's local comp can produce more talent then just gene, bai and aizue.

Respond to this message   
MangiToma

July 5 2009, 1:13 AM 

Xman yu tok tru, I forgot about our other talents Mark, Wabo and Slain. I feel like an idiot now hehe. Anyway, I know they'll kick ass!

Respond to this message   
MangiToma

July 5 2009, 1:10 AM 

Malana J.K,

Iau boinaka ma u? Mi laik toksave olsem, Menzie Yere em wok lo play gut na ol Super League team like kisim em.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 6 2009, 3:15 AM 

Good one!

Respond to this message   

Need Menzie Yere contact in UK please!

July 7 2009, 1:26 PM 

Hey is anyone in UK have Menzie yere contact please email me jameskisa@yahoo.com or call me 903 9204431 US number...thanks...

Respond to this message   
hoxdok

contact website

July 8 2009, 8:03 PM 

Bro try and contact the sheffield eagles I expect they would have contact detials on their website..then u would surely b able to concact Menzie from there..

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: contact website

July 9 2009, 5:24 AM 

bro thanks

Respond to this message   

Menzie Yere

July 13 2009, 8:02 PM 

Anyone wanting articles & photos on Menzie simply send me your email address to subscribe@sheffieldeagles.com and I will forward you on the clubs information.
Regards
Simon Proctor
General Manager
Sheffield Eagles RLFC
England

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Menzie Yere

July 17 2009, 12:01 AM 

Wow! am so proud of these boys, straight from the streets of PNG to a first world nation playing the sport you love and being paid for it, nothing beats it!!

Respond to this message   

Re: Menzie Yere

July 25 2009, 5:26 AM 

Hey to all the fans of Menzie Yere,He's do are tremendous job out there in England,the Eagles fans are crazy for him..We want to thank the Sheffield Eagles for given Menzie this great opportunity..He's one of the best rugby league breed in our Nation..We do appreciate you Eagles for the support you guys giving to Menzie..PNG is on your side..GO GO Eagles!!!

Respond to this message   

subscribe

May 12 2013, 12:15 AM 

Dear Sir,

i am a great fan of Menjie and would like photos of him and also updates on his rugby league carrier..I am definitly sure he will match up with the kangaroos great Greg Inglis In the world cup to come...

go Menjie

Respond to this message   

menzi yere

September 23 2013, 9:58 PM 

i am sure menzi will equally produce the brutal and force required to stop GI, or if not menzi yere is sure to outplay some nrl players.

solo kuimson

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Menzie Yere in great form for Sheffield Eagles
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Sports Forum