PNGScape's PNG Sports Forum

LATEST NEWS

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Sports Forum  

Leagueees in Rugby 7's a disgrace to the code

October 28 2009 at 3:15 PM
Onetox 

No dis-respect to the 2 leaguees selected to be in the PNG 7's team. good effort on you guys. yupla gat skill olsem na ol pickim yupla.
BUT.....what happens after that 7's tournament is over? those leaguees go back to play league and there is no development in rugby. i totally dis-agree on league teams taking part in the annual rugby 7's. here we talk about developing rugby and yet we bring in people from other codes to play and they leave again when the tournament is over. we are supposed to be developing the code but thats not happening. the rugby 7's should be strictly rugby and league teams taking part. there is hardly an inch of development in rugby and yet you drag it backwards by registering and selecting leaguees to play.

Em tasol from Onetox

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Leagueees in Rugby 7's a disgrace to the code

October 29 2009, 10:41 AM 

I totally agree with your opinion.It's always the case with few codes in PNG.Players seems to be switching over for the sake of off-season fitness.But again it depends on individual codes....

Respond to this message   
Nilpis blo Mussau

October 29 2009, 11:05 AM 

Onetox, full support on this. So much for developing the code. Rugby 7s tournaments should be RESTRICTED to Rugby clubs only, meaning that only registered Rugby affiliates should be invited. PNGRFU might want to consider the following:
1. Anyone selected for national duties in 7s should now sign a 1-year bondage contract to be with PNGRFU for the duration of the season;
2. More opportunities should be given to grassroots enthusiasts to participate in such tournaments, like the Aroma Coast.

Oh! and by the way, I did take your advise and drove around to Hanuabada Village yesterday afternoon and discovered that RUGBY (Union) training is indeed in full swing there. I think there are two groups of players training for this off-season comp which starts this Saturday. I noticed a group of boys practicing lineouts at the field below the bypass and I was told by curious bystanders that another group was also training at the Hubert Murray Stadium.
Because I did not stop to actually see who was conducting these training, I only hope that these village boys are being carefully guided by experienced Rugby players and coaches...if not, then, POMRFU must do something help the HB boys.
A small bit of gentle advice to Jnr and his mob at POMRFU. Dont miss this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity which has showed its face to you now to introduce RUGBY to these league-mad village. The face of Rugby in POM will definitely change for the better if a Hanuabada RFU side participates at POMRFU in the coming years. In fact, their flamboyant and unorthodox style of rugby (as continuously seen through the Hanuabada Hawks RFL side at PRL) will greatly complement Waisale Serevi's greater picture of how he wants his 7s team to play....all for the good of PNG Rugby.

Sampla aidia tasol...yupla yet i skelim

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 29 2009, 8:54 PM 

From reliable sources, LAs coach at Defence Sydney and couple of their senior players were the ones at the Stadium helping LA with his boys.
Nothing heard yet from PMGRFU or POMRFU about any assistance to the HB guys.

Respond to this message   
Nilpis blo Mussau

November 2 2009, 11:42 AM 

Thanks bro...so where is the POMRFU and PNGRFU in this situation? Or is it because its "another off-season" gimmick that they dont want to help these Rugby wannabees? C'mon fellas, enough is enough! we cant continue to play fourth-fiddle to League and other sports. For goodness sake, here we have a League-mad village looming to switch codes, and POMRFU and PNGRFU are still sleeping...! Or maybe, just maybe, Junior and Co are feeling abit anxious of the advent of a full-blooded Hanuabadan outfit at Bava Park, eh? Maybe they fear the end of a few dynasties eh? If so, big deal, I think these village boys only want to play RUGBY!

Respond to this message   
Piggyback

November 3 2009, 2:13 AM 

Hanuabada off-season 15s trial match last Saturday saw Terence Kedea on a comeback trail for the Elevala 15s...I think I also saw Lahui Ako of Defence RFU (with his trademark headgear) running out for his adopted side Elevala 15s and former Pukpuk John Kabua on the bench for the Hanuabada 15s, while a host of Junior Pukpuks, both current and former, turned out for their beloved Hanuabada side...great promotion and development work guys...hear that the next trial match is on in a couple of weeks time...keep going from strenght to strenght and something will most certainly give. Heard also on the Grandstands that plans are underway now with Tabubil Rugby Union to play a promotional game at Hanuabada in DEcember...if this eventuates, hats must definitely come off to the organisers of this off-season comp. Definitely something for everyone to think about as to where the HB Off-season Rugby Organisers are heading with this initiative...most definitely many international tours for the HB side in the coming years...

Respond to this message   
Copper Mine

November 4 2009, 9:43 PM 

Top stuff happening in HB at the moment re: rugby. Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the tour down to HB this December due to work commitments...we have postponed it to January 30, 2010...HB Rugby here we come...

Respond to this message   
Strokolop

October 29 2009, 12:23 PM 

Onetox, my brada, just be patient. Let us wait till next year and see where these leagueees will play. If they decide to play union permenantly, then fine but if they decide to go back and play league, bro get your ammo ready and we will start firing. I will help you on that. I am sure our bro Nilpiss Blo Mussau will assist.

Respond to this message   
Onetox

November 5 2009, 11:25 AM 

Mussau's amo will be the tossing of those painful live nil-pis like grenades...this things can send you to hospital....very painful

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Leagueees in Rugby 7's a disgrace to the code
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Sports Forum