<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Feedback Board  

Look alike threads

September 7 2011 at 9:06 AM
No score for this post
Illusion 

If you start a new thread similar to one that is already active , we will probably delete it.If people are talking about something and you want to reply then reply to it.Don't start a new one.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
what are look alike threads?

Re: Look alike threads

No score for this post
September 7 2011, 11:09 AM 

Please explain better what you mean by look alike threads. If someone is writing about the effects of mining in PNG (environmental damage) and then a thread is started on Ramu mine and the Chinese, is this considered look alike threads? If you help us to see how and where you draw the line then I'm sure we'll try to follow the rules as best we can.

In other words, we need more specifics to learn what you want, not just a generalised statement that's hard to interpret correctly.

Thank you.

Illusion

Re: Look alike threads

No score for this post
September 8 2011, 1:51 AM 

Well some people are just too lazy.If you post a topic about PMs 13 line up and people are responding to it and a day later I start a new thread about PMs 13 line up, then moderators will probably delete mine.Its not about stopping anybody.Its just the way the forum works.

If you disagree with something that has been deleted then tell the moderators.

I saw a thread.A day later someone started a thread exactly similar to it.Replies to the latter fits perfectly with the older.It becomes confusing for scapers and moderators.I saw people copying replies from the older thread and pasting it to the new one.Its a twin threads scenario.Thats why one thread has to be deleted.Thats what I mean by look alikes.

A post about Ramu and another about Enviromental Damage,I don't think moderators really bother about that.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Feedback Board