<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Faith  

Seventh Day Sabbath the true Day of worship

October 18 2011 at 11:01 PM
No score for this post
Jax 

When Moses asked God tell me who you are God replied.Exodus 3:14; I am who I am,and He (GOD )Heb 13:8..is the Same yesterday,today tomorrow and forever.. Then later Jesus mentioned,John 8:58; "I am that was before Abraham" when asked who He was.. So when yo see, Jesus is that same I am that was with Moses and he doesn't "Change". Now in luke 4;16, Its states and Jesus went to the Synagogue as His "Custom" was on the Sabbath Day. This is the Same Jesus that doesnt ever change, if that is His custom, then it means He will worship come Sabbath even in Heaven! He NEVER CHANGES! Now Sabbath won't get you in Heaven! BUT Jesus said..John 14:15.. if you love me keep my commandments, all of them not just 9 of them , including His 3rd commandment which states "Remember" the Sabbath day to keep it Holy. Remember means noken lus ting ting lo disla tradion that was there before in heaven. To sum up..come worship on Saturdays, because if you Go to heaven our unchanging GOD will worship on that day NOT on SUNDAY..and if that is His custom, then even now He worships on the Sabbath for He NEVER CHANGES!.. How can you worship on Sunday and Claim to love GOD, when you don't keep "ALL" HIS COMMANDMENTS!
Please don't hesitate to email by clicking my name above if you have any questions, or leave them below

Thank YOU!
Jax
Your Adventist friend

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Obviously

Re: Seventh Day Sabbath the true Day of worship

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 7:27 AM 

Obviously you're right and all other Christians are wrong.

Obviously you're right because it says so in the Bible that you're right.

Obviously everything in the Bible is true exactly the way it is written.

Ralph Hamilton

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 3:06 PM 

Not again!
How many times do you have to resurrect this hoary old chestnut?

Who gives a stuff?

If your God is so dogmatic, he is obviously as narrow-minded, ignorant, and stupid, as you are. May you both live together, in the Eternal Paradise of the terminally f--k-witted.

Take a running piss at a rolling donut......Ralph.

confused

No score for this post
October 22 2011, 3:39 PM 

How do you know that God is a "he", Ralph?

Sevende

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 9:09 PM 

That explains why most Adventists don't like act like Christians every other day but when it comes to Saturday, they are in the best clothes

Krama

No score for this post
October 20 2011, 6:48 AM 

The fact is that most of them follow the rules and don't drink which puts them way above most of us.

STW

Relax and take a new approach

No score for this post
November 12 2011, 10:38 PM 

Friend, you're just inviting trouble and cynicism. You can't change a man's mind by declaring him wrong, you have to help him see that he may not be on the right path, and then assist him when he asks for your help. As an adventist it is important to remember, you are not saved yet, and you have no right to look down on others, declaring or judging them. God called you to spread the word, this you must do without fear or favour.

Your point on the Sabbath is important in that it sets adventists apart from most other denominations, and it will take time but people will realise the truth if you start living as a true adventist. People like our friend, Ralph, will always disrespect you, not for what you say, but how you say it. Take a leaf from the Master's book, "let him who is without sin, cast the first stone," obviously Christ could have dealt with it by getting angry and attacking the men and declaring their sin, but Christ knelt down instead and wrote in the sand then stood briefly to utter the above words. Well we don't know for sure what was written in the sand, it was read by each man, and realising their folly they departed. Jesus has shown us how to get people to understand, teaching them by example first then telling them to "go and sin no more."

God made the Sabbath for man, it is our day of communion with Him, and because we love God we keep His commandments. If you want to know more let us know and we will try to answer you're questions as best we can.

Ralph Hamilton

An extra day.

No score for this post
November 15 2011, 4:48 PM 

Actually ,
you are all incorrect, whichever day you keep.

The calendar is a day out so somee time soon we need to add a dy. This has been done before, a couple of times throuhout history.

THEY WHOM THE GODS WOULD DEFEAT THEY FIRST MAKE MAD!

God it is terrible to be infallible......Ralph.

PS. The year is 365.25days plus a sundry number of seconds. That is the reason.

its awful funny!

Re: An extra day.

No score for this post
November 17 2011, 7:23 AM 

How long have you been watching these ignorants arguing with other ignorants, they'll do it all day long using the 'holy book' as their basis!!!!!!!!!!!

Eccekio

Christianity and other inanities.

No score for this post
November 24 2011, 12:47 AM 

Strange hybrid religion,
that selectively takes quotes and creeds, as serves its purpose.

Christianity take ten of the laws that God gave Moses to govern his people.(The Israelites) ie. The Ten Commandments. Yet what about the other 600 laws that God instructed Moses in, over the next 40 days? These laws were also to govern the Israelites. Yet we ignore them.

These Israelites. Who were they? They don't even appear to be the modern Jews. What have they and their laws, got to do with modern Christianity?

Strange polyglot religion you have there. Even Islam is more consistent, even though you share Moses. You just selectively use his laws differently. A different selection too, of coourse. Islam unfortunately, as it seems to be applied, is like deciding a traffic accident, according to the Old Testament. Madness. The Koran is the basis of all law. Imagine if we used the Old Testament so? We would, with the exception of the elite few, be as backward as the average Muslim country. There are exceptions of course - Malaysia. But it also has a very poor, poor class.

Look at Saudi Arabia, Bahrain etc. The rich live opulent lives, almost beyond belief. Yet the poor live as they have lived for the last couple of thousand years. I read recently, that a couple of one of the Saudi's wives went shopping in London. They chartered a Jumbo Jet to take their purchases home. We have our extravagant stars, but these people live at another level again. ie. They have a diplomatic pass as well. No Customs queues for these superior beings.

RELIGION! A POX ON ALL YOUR HOUSES.

Religion is the opiate of the poor......Ralph.

Wim2011

???

No score for this post
December 8 2011, 7:49 AM 

Ralph, in order to answer your question, i'll have to dip into the Bible. I will take you back to when Moses was given the law, he was given 2 sets of laws. The 10 commandemnts and the ordinances. The ordinances were given to govern day to day lives and in many respects to increase the understanding of the 10 Commandments. The laws (ordinances) that God had given concerning the Israelites sacrifice of lambs etc, was given as a type or an example of things to come, it was given as a symbol of what was needed to cleanse the person from their sin, each man would lay his hand upon the head of the Lamb and confess his sins thereby placing his sin onto the innocent lamb, he would then cut the throat, signifying that 'the wages of sin is death', sin can only be paid back by the blood of the sinner, the blood would then be sprinkled on the curtain which divided the temples holy and most holy places. (It is difficult to get all of this into one paragraph, so if you don't understand somethings i'll try to explain them later)

God, however, sent His Son Jesus, to be the Lamb that takes away the sin of the world, as a man he had to live a sinless life, so that when He was nailed to the cross and crucified He would be a spotless lamb, an innocent, pure and unmarred. His death and subsequent resurrection meant that there was no longer any need to kill a Lamb, Jesus blood was powerful enough to cover all sins, this is why I beleive He is God, because only the strength of God's own blood could pay the debt that sin wrought over us. Ok, many people subsequently believe that being nailed to the cross ended all the laws including the 10 commandments, but according to Jesus own words He came not to change or destroy the Law, but to fulfil it, and that not one iota of the Law would be changed. The Law that was 'nailed to the cross' was the ordinance (written on paper) and not the commandments, which being written in stone were immutable.

I assume therefore i have succeeded in confusing you more, my apologies, but condensing the intricacies is something that escapes me at this time. Afterall, though the question seemed small at the time, it was deceptively so. Maybe i'll take sometime and see if i can make it simpler and less complex.

Ralph Hamilton

Clear as mud.

No score for this post
December 9 2011, 10:40 PM 

No wucken furries mate,
'tis as clear as crystal.

"Forgiveness is great for humans....But shithouse for sheep."

Regards......Ralph.

Ralph Hamilton

Not only but also.

No score for this post
December 9 2011, 10:58 PM 

OK,
the Old Testament laws were not erased but still stand.

So the Ten Commandments still are valid. How about the other 600 laws that God soent the next 40 days instructing Moses in, to thus govern his people? I would imagine that if 10 stand, so would the rest. As with our laws, you cannot emphasize one, without emphasizing the others. I even went to a Church of England church once, that did al its services in Chaucer's English. I wasn't aware of this, and for half an hour I thought my hearing was failing. Once I realized I retuned my ears,(brain?) and all was well.

All Christian cults/groups/schisms, selectively choose what "laws", creeds, and any other teachings, which suit their particular version og the "TRUTH"

The Bible certainly is a wonderous book. So many can read it, and come up with their own version of things.

They, whom the Gods would defeat, they first make mad......Ralph.

Max

Re: Not only but also.

No score for this post
December 24 2011, 8:26 PM 

So the friends from Adeventist church say you have to keep Sabbath holy. I always thought when Jesus Said Today is the day of your Salvation. It meant its a daily thing to keep right with the Lord everyday. When one is in the wrong - its by and then to ask God for forgiveness instead of waiting for Sabbath or offer sacrifice. Sabbath I understood to be meant a time of rest - Rest from what? When Jesus said he is the Lord of the Sabbath - you find peace and rest in HIM - meaning you are at peace and rest knowing your sins or wrongs are forgiven -no more burn offerings on the temple alters.
What happens if I don't go to Church but pray and stay home daily - does that mean am on the wrong by not keeping a sabbath if my sabbath is daily.
Please SDA friends - shade some lights on this subject>

truth & reality

Re: Not only but also.

No score for this post
December 25 2011, 4:19 PM 

The whole things is nonsense-all these christian beliefs. thats why you people are bumping all the time.

Ralph Hamilton

Niceely done.

No score for this post
December 26 2011, 4:12 AM 

Good one Max,
I also would think, that if one were to have a God, one would have to keep on "the right side of the ledger" with him, on an ongoing basis. ie. daily, or even hourly.

In other words - if you stuff up - you even the score with your God, then and there. You don't comparmentalize your God into a little niche, one day a week. Sort of the way the Jews handle their God. They make no distinction between the sacred and the secular. The Rabbis are expected to still ply their various trades. Their God is with them at all times.

I like your thinking Max. That is the reason that Martin Luther split with the Catholic Church of the day, and founded thwee Lutheran Church. The Catholic Church said, that the way to grace, was through doctrine. He (Luther) said, that hte way to grace, was through the individuals conscience, and his/her own good works.

This to me, and I assume to you, is a far more acceptable way of handling your relationship with your God. If you have to havea a God, have him in your life constantly. Thus, in almost everything you do, you have to ask (yourself) the question. "Is this all right with you Lord?" Therefore you would be accountable yo your God at all times. No more going to a confessional once a week, to expiate your sins.

Regards......Ralph.

Wim2011

Re: Niceely done.

No score for this post
December 30 2011, 3:39 PM 

The idea of the sabbath is actually as you say, it is a daily thing, there needs to be your relationship with God every day, however, the command is about 2 things; firstly the Sabbath was made for man, in that '6 days thou shalt labour and do all thy work, but the 7th day is the Sabbath of the Lord, in it thou shalt do no work, thou nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, thy cattle nor the stranger that is within thy gate, for in 6 days the Lord created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that is within them and rested the 7th day", "...and rested the 7th day, wherefore He blessed it and sanctified it". So the Lord has set apart this day as a memorial of His creation of the earth, it is given so that we may remember that He is Lord over all, the Creator and the Redeemer (thanks to Christ). The second reason it is important to go to church is that Christ made us one body, not one person but a group, so that we may at once edify and convict each other. These are the reasons for a weekly observance of the Sabbath day. So the essence of the Sabbath is that God is all, there is nothing else, so daily this is what we must live, "seek ye first the kingdom of God" and as it is written that "I die daily (to self)". So the worship and seeking of God is a daily thing but the observance of the Sabbath is a weekly thing, as it is a memorial of Gods love for us.

Max

Re: Niceely done.

No score for this post
January 1 2012, 8:22 PM 

You right - is sabbath has to be always a saturdays. I may fellowship in midweek but again its how I workhip GOD daily in my thoughts,coduct etc. Congregating is also important ,not forgeting -its where we give to the body of Christ not in tithes etc only but edying the body.

Silky_Silk

Sabbath in the New Testament

No score for this post
April 3 2012, 8:37 PM 

Interesting argument noxi. There are quite a few texts in the NT that support the 4th commandments (Matthew 12:8, 12; 24:20; Mark 1:21; 2:27-28; 6:2; Luke 4:16, 31; 6:5; 23:56; Acts 13:14, 42, 44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:1-2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:4, 9-10).
Is there any evidence in the New Testament before or after the cross that even one of the Ten Commandments was abolished? The most commonly attacked Commandment is one that defines it is God we love and worship and yet we find Paul keeping the Sabbath day, as his custom was since childhood, in a Jewish Synagogue. A custom is something you do religiously and without failure. What was Paul's CUSTOM and EXAMPLE while establishing the early Christian Church? Notice in the following verse that this is a Jewish synagogue and that Jews have all through history, without change, worshipped on Saturday as they still do today. Acts 17:1-2. The Jews and Pharisees which Paul was since CHILDHOOD, have ALWAYS kept Saturday as the Sabbath. Acts 26:4-5. This is proof conclusive of Saturday Sabbath keeping AFTER the cross. It was not only Paul's custom and example but that of Jesus also and He is our perfect example. Luke 4:16.

Most Christians seem to think that everything starts fresh in the New Testament but this could not be further from the truth. Just because the Translators divided the Bible into two books called the Old and New Testaments does not mean everything starts again. Absolutely everything from the Old Testament continues into the New Testament as if it was just one book not divided, and the only changes between the Old and the New Testaments are what we are specifically told has changed. And so you also do not establish if one of the Ten Commandments still exists in the New Testament by looking for it being repeated. To the contrary, you have to look to see if there is an unmistakable instruction that says a Commandment is gone or changed and if scripture is silent then it still exists. God does not work on assumptions and especially on something as important as His Moral law such as His Sabbath. If a Commandment of God was changed then the Bible would be SCREAMING the change at us.

While an extremely clear directive is given for Sabbath keeping in Exodus 20:8-11 and Deuteronomy 5:12-15, the next closest passage to a command for Sabbath-keeping in the New Testament is found in Hebrews 4:9. In this verse we find the Greek word sabbatismos. The King James and New King James Version and a few other Bibles render the word as rest while the Amplified Bible the ASV, NASB, NIV, RSV and NRSV and several other translations somewhat more correctly render that word as Sabbath rest. A few Bibles such as the Darby translation transliterate the word as Sabbatism. Its literal translation however, is Sabbath observance and The Scriptures translated by The Institute for Scripture Research render it as such while the Thayer dictionary and the Bible in Basic English give the equally literal phrase Sabbath keeping. So how does the excuse the Sabbath is now just resting in Jesus constitute Sabbath observance or Sabbath keeping as some claim? And why would you have to be concerned with physically fleeing persecution on the Sabbath day as Jesus stated when the temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. (Matthew 24:20) if the Sabbath was just resting in Jesus? Those who are deceived or against the Ten Commandment law of God had to justify this passage somehow and I guess that was the best explanation they could come up with.
http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/ten_commandments-new_testament.html#1)

A.H

Love matters

No score for this post
February 20 2012, 4:07 PM 

In the Old Testament, God engraved the Ten Commandments on a stone tablet and gave it to Moses to be presented to the Jews. But the Jews couldn't keep up with the whole law. By breaking one of the commandments meant you broke the whole law irrespective of whether you kept the Sabbath at the end of the week. However, in the New Testament, as Apostle Paul wrote, the law was not written with pen and ink but the Spirit of the living God that carved them not on tablets but human hearts (2 Cor 3:3). So what does that supposed to mean? As Christ's love which the Holy Spirit carves out of our heart sprouts forth then we declare our love for both God and our fellowmen (women). By doing so and the confession we make shows that we have obeyed God's commandments for we are expected to be holy everyday. For without love, we will be empty drums (1 Cor 13). Rom 2:29 further affirms that a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God where true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law but by rather the change of heart produced by God's Spirit.
Moreover, John 7:38 also declares that 'Rivers of living water will flow from the heart of anyone who believes in Jesus.' Again, Jesus ascertains in Mt 15:11 that it is what comes out of your mouth that makes you unclean and not vice versa. So rather then we submerged ourselves in sin and pop up on Saturdays and Sundays, it is better to love God and one another everyday for love covers multitude of sins (1 Pet 4:8). For instance, what if your car had a tyre puncture somewhere in the middle of the road on a Saturday afternoon with sick children and mothers onboard? Would you say 'oh it's Sabbath, so I'll just pray and wait till Sunday?' Rather you'll show your love for your fellow humans and fix the tyre quickly so you can all arrive home safely before dusk.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Faith