<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Faith  

Seventh Day Sabbath the true Day of worship

October 18 2011 at 11:01 PM
No score for this post

When Moses asked God tell me who you are God replied.Exodus 3:14; I am who I am,and He (GOD )Heb 13:8..is the Same yesterday,today tomorrow and forever.. Then later Jesus mentioned,John 8:58; "I am that was before Abraham" when asked who He was.. So when yo see, Jesus is that same I am that was with Moses and he doesn't "Change". Now in luke 4;16, Its states and Jesus went to the Synagogue as His "Custom" was on the Sabbath Day. This is the Same Jesus that doesnt ever change, if that is His custom, then it means He will worship come Sabbath even in Heaven! He NEVER CHANGES! Now Sabbath won't get you in Heaven! BUT Jesus said..John 14:15.. if you love me keep my commandments, all of them not just 9 of them , including His 3rd commandment which states "Remember" the Sabbath day to keep it Holy. Remember means noken lus ting ting lo disla tradion that was there before in heaven. To sum up..come worship on Saturdays, because if you Go to heaven our unchanging GOD will worship on that day NOT on SUNDAY..and if that is His custom, then even now He worships on the Sabbath for He NEVER CHANGES!.. How can you worship on Sunday and Claim to love GOD, when you don't keep "ALL" HIS COMMANDMENTS!
Please don't hesitate to email by clicking my name above if you have any questions, or leave them below

Thank YOU!
Jax
Your Adventist friend

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Obviously

Re: Seventh Day Sabbath the true Day of worship

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 7:27 AM 

Obviously you're right and all other Christians are wrong.

Obviously you're right because it says so in the Bible that you're right.

Obviously everything in the Bible is true exactly the way it is written.

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 3:06 PM 

Not again!
How many times do you have to resurrect this hoary old chestnut?

Who gives a stuff?

If your God is so dogmatic, he is obviously as narrow-minded, ignorant, and stupid, as you are. May you both live together, in the Eternal Paradise of the terminally f--k-witted.

Take a running piss at a rolling donut......Ralph.

confused

No score for this post
October 22 2011, 3:39 PM 

How do you know that God is a "he", Ralph?

Sevende

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 9:09 PM 

That explains why most Adventists don't like act like Christians every other day but when it comes to Saturday, they are in the best clothes

Krama

No score for this post
October 20 2011, 6:48 AM 

The fact is that most of them follow the rules and don't drink which puts them way above most of us.

STW

Relax and take a new approach

No score for this post
November 12 2011, 10:38 PM 

Friend, you're just inviting trouble and cynicism. You can't change a man's mind by declaring him wrong, you have to help him see that he may not be on the right path, and then assist him when he asks for your help. As an adventist it is important to remember, you are not saved yet, and you have no right to look down on others, declaring or judging them. God called you to spread the word, this you must do without fear or favour.

Your point on the Sabbath is important in that it sets adventists apart from most other denominations, and it will take time but people will realise the truth if you start living as a true adventist. People like our friend, Ralph, will always disrespect you, not for what you say, but how you say it. Take a leaf from the Master's book, "let him who is without sin, cast the first stone," obviously Christ could have dealt with it by getting angry and attacking the men and declaring their sin, but Christ knelt down instead and wrote in the sand then stood briefly to utter the above words. Well we don't know for sure what was written in the sand, it was read by each man, and realising their folly they departed. Jesus has shown us how to get people to understand, teaching them by example first then telling them to "go and sin no more."

God made the Sabbath for man, it is our day of communion with Him, and because we love God we keep His commandments. If you want to know more let us know and we will try to answer you're questions as best we can.

An extra day.

No score for this post
November 15 2011, 4:48 PM 

Actually ,
you are all incorrect, whichever day you keep.

The calendar is a day out so somee time soon we need to add a dy. This has been done before, a couple of times throuhout history.

THEY WHOM THE GODS WOULD DEFEAT THEY FIRST MAKE MAD!

God it is terrible to be infallible......Ralph.

PS. The year is 365.25days plus a sundry number of seconds. That is the reason.

its awful funny!

Re: An extra day.

No score for this post
November 17 2011, 7:23 AM 

How long have you been watching these ignorants arguing with other ignorants, they'll do it all day long using the 'holy book' as their basis!!!!!!!!!!!

Christianity and other inanities.

No score for this post
November 24 2011, 12:47 AM 

Strange hybrid religion,
that selectively takes quotes and creeds, as serves its purpose.

Christianity take ten of the laws that God gave Moses to govern his people.(The Israelites) ie. The Ten Commandments. Yet what about the other 600 laws that God instructed Moses in, over the next 40 days? These laws were also to govern the Israelites. Yet we ignore them.

These Israelites. Who were they? They don't even appear to be the modern Jews. What have they and their laws, got to do with modern Christianity?

Strange polyglot religion you have there. Even Islam is more consistent, even though you share Moses. You just selectively use his laws differently. A different selection too, of coourse. Islam unfortunately, as it seems to be applied, is like deciding a traffic accident, according to the Old Testament. Madness. The Koran is the basis of all law. Imagine if we used the Old Testament so? We would, with the exception of the elite few, be as backward as the average Muslim country. There are exceptions of course - Malaysia. But it also has a very poor, poor class.

Look at Saudi Arabia, Bahrain etc. The rich live opulent lives, almost beyond belief. Yet the poor live as they have lived for the last couple of thousand years. I read recently, that a couple of one of the Saudi's wives went shopping in London. They chartered a Jumbo Jet to take their purchases home. We have our extravagant stars, but these people live at another level again. ie. They have a diplomatic pass as well. No Customs queues for these superior beings.

RELIGION! A POX ON ALL YOUR HOUSES.

Religion is the opiate of the poor......Ralph.

Wim2011

???

No score for this post
December 8 2011, 7:49 AM 

Ralph, in order to answer your question, i'll have to dip into the Bible. I will take you back to when Moses was given the law, he was given 2 sets of laws. The 10 commandemnts and the ordinances. The ordinances were given to govern day to day lives and in many respects to increase the understanding of the 10 Commandments. The laws (ordinances) that God had given concerning the Israelites sacrifice of lambs etc, was given as a type or an example of things to come, it was given as a symbol of what was needed to cleanse the person from their sin, each man would lay his hand upon the head of the Lamb and confess his sins thereby placing his sin onto the innocent lamb, he would then cut the throat, signifying that 'the wages of sin is death', sin can only be paid back by the blood of the sinner, the blood would then be sprinkled on the curtain which divided the temples holy and most holy places. (It is difficult to get all of this into one paragraph, so if you don't understand somethings i'll try to explain them later)

God, however, sent His Son Jesus, to be the Lamb that takes away the sin of the world, as a man he had to live a sinless life, so that when He was nailed to the cross and crucified He would be a spotless lamb, an innocent, pure and unmarred. His death and subsequent resurrection meant that there was no longer any need to kill a Lamb, Jesus blood was powerful enough to cover all sins, this is why I beleive He is God, because only the strength of God's own blood could pay the debt that sin wrought over us. Ok, many people subsequently believe that being nailed to the cross ended all the laws including the 10 commandments, but according to Jesus own words He came not to change or destroy the Law, but to fulfil it, and that not one iota of the Law would be changed. The Law that was 'nailed to the cross' was the ordinance (written on paper) and not the commandments, which being written in stone were immutable.

I assume therefore i have succeeded in confusing you more, my apologies, but condensing the intricacies is something that escapes me at this time. Afterall, though the question seemed small at the time, it was deceptively so. Maybe i'll take sometime and see if i can make it simpler and less complex.

Clear as mud.

No score for this post
December 9 2011, 10:40 PM 

No wucken furries mate,
'tis as clear as crystal.

"Forgiveness is great for humans....But shithouse for sheep."

Regards......Ralph.

Not only but also.

No score for this post
December 9 2011, 10:58 PM 

OK,
the Old Testament laws were not erased but still stand.

So the Ten Commandments still are valid. How about the other 600 laws that God soent the next 40 days instructing Moses in, to thus govern his people? I would imagine that if 10 stand, so would the rest. As with our laws, you cannot emphasize one, without emphasizing the others. I even went to a Church of England church once, that did al its services in Chaucer's English. I wasn't aware of this, and for half an hour I thought my hearing was failing. Once I realized I retuned my ears,(brain?) and all was well.

All Christian cults/groups/schisms, selectively choose what "laws", creeds, and any other teachings, which suit their particular version og the "TRUTH"

The Bible certainly is a wonderous book. So many can read it, and come up with their own version of things.

They, whom the Gods would defeat, they first make mad......Ralph.

Max

Re: Not only but also.

No score for this post
December 24 2011, 8:26 PM 

So the friends from Adeventist church say you have to keep Sabbath holy. I always thought when Jesus Said Today is the day of your Salvation. It meant its a daily thing to keep right with the Lord everyday. When one is in the wrong - its by and then to ask God for forgiveness instead of waiting for Sabbath or offer sacrifice. Sabbath I understood to be meant a time of rest - Rest from what? When Jesus said he is the Lord of the Sabbath - you find peace and rest in HIM - meaning you are at peace and rest knowing your sins or wrongs are forgiven -no more burn offerings on the temple alters.
What happens if I don't go to Church but pray and stay home daily - does that mean am on the wrong by not keeping a sabbath if my sabbath is daily.
Please SDA friends - shade some lights on this subject>

truth & reality

Re: Not only but also.

No score for this post
December 25 2011, 4:19 PM 

The whole things is nonsense-all these christian beliefs. thats why you people are bumping all the time.

Niceely done.

No score for this post
December 26 2011, 4:12 AM 

Good one Max,
I also would think, that if one were to have a God, one would have to keep on "the right side of the ledger" with him, on an ongoing basis. ie. daily, or even hourly.

In other words - if you stuff up - you even the score with your God, then and there. You don't comparmentalize your God into a little niche, one day a week. Sort of the way the Jews handle their God. They make no distinction between the sacred and the secular. The Rabbis are expected to still ply their various trades. Their God is with them at all times.

I like your thinking Max. That is the reason that Martin Luther split with the Catholic Church of the day, and founded thwee Lutheran Church. The Catholic Church said, that the way to grace, was through doctrine. He (Luther) said, that hte way to grace, was through the individuals conscience, and his/her own good works.

This to me, and I assume to you, is a far more acceptable way of handling your relationship with your God. If you have to havea a God, have him in your life constantly. Thus, in almost everything you do, you have to ask (yourself) the question. "Is this all right with you Lord?" Therefore you would be accountable yo your God at all times. No more going to a confessional once a week, to expiate your sins.

Regards......Ralph.

Wim2011

Re: Niceely done.

No score for this post
December 30 2011, 3:39 PM 

The idea of the sabbath is actually as you say, it is a daily thing, there needs to be your relationship with God every day, however, the command is about 2 things; firstly the Sabbath was made for man, in that '6 days thou shalt labour and do all thy work, but the 7th day is the Sabbath of the Lord, in it thou shalt do no work, thou nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, thy cattle nor the stranger that is within thy gate, for in 6 days the Lord created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that is within them and rested the 7th day", "...and rested the 7th day, wherefore He blessed it and sanctified it". So the Lord has set apart this day as a memorial of His creation of the earth, it is given so that we may remember that He is Lord over all, the Creator and the Redeemer (thanks to Christ). The second reason it is important to go to church is that Christ made us one body, not one person but a group, so that we may at once edify and convict each other. These are the reasons for a weekly observance of the Sabbath day. So the essence of the Sabbath is that God is all, there is nothing else, so daily this is what we must live, "seek ye first the kingdom of God" and as it is written that "I die daily (to self)". So the worship and seeking of God is a daily thing but the observance of the Sabbath is a weekly thing, as it is a memorial of Gods love for us.

Max

No score for this post
January 1 2012, 8:22 PM 

You right - is sabbath has to be always a saturdays. I may fellowship in midweek but again its how I workhip GOD daily in my thoughts,coduct etc. Congregating is also important ,not forgeting -its where we give to the body of Christ not in tithes etc only but edying the body.

Max

No score for this post
January 1 2012, 8:29 PM 

Wim2011
I'm wodering is Sabbath always a Saturday. How about I congregate midweek for fellowship. Its time like minded people come to getther and edify the body the body of Christ.Givig somthing back to the body.
Daily staying close with God is something we all need to embrace.

Wim2012

No score for this post
January 10 2012, 3:02 PM 

The Sabbath is always the 7th day of the week, which is Saturday. I got into an interesting conversation at work today and realised that a question i needed to pose was in two parts.

The first part is: In the bible it says that God never changes, He is the same yesterday as He is today and tomorrow. Do you believe this? Yes or No.

The second part is: If you answered yes to the above question, how can an the unchangable Almight God change the Sabbath day of worship from the 7th day to the 1st or any other?

God blessed and sanctified the 7th day as set apart from all the others. The 7th day is the day when we deny ourselves and give the whole day over to praise and worship of our God. The other 6 days are ours to work and feed our families. Again it doesn't preclude gathering for midweek worship, nor does it say that you can do anything you want during the week, so long as you worship on sabbath. It means that because the 1st Adam sinned, life on this world has become difficult, "the ground will not yeild itself to you and in sweat and toil will you eat", so that God has given us days to toil for our own and/or our family's sustanence. The 7th day is God's and we come to recieve our spiritual sustanence.

Thankyou

Too cynical

No score for this post
January 12 2012, 4:27 AM 

@Wim 2012,
I may be an old cynicmate.

However i did notice that the SDAs issued a "special dispenstion', to allow Israel Falou to play footie on Saturdays,

I love the idea of special dispensations, being able to pay for your sins in advance. The Medieval Catholic Church made a veritable fortune out of them. Say for instance, you wished to committ some sin. For instance, one of your neighbours had a paticularly luscious wife, whom you wished to perform the Horizontal Mambo with. Well. You saw you local Abbott ,and found out how much a "Special Dispensation" to perform that sin would cost you. Therfore, you could assess whether you could afford that particular sin, in advance. A very civilizeed state of affairs. (No pun intended)

But back to the case in point. It seems like even the SDAs cave in, when there are large amounts of lovely money (millions) involved. I wonder how much that "Special Dispensation " cost Isreal. See why I am so cynical about the "Church".

As you have possibly peceived, I am not cynical about anyone who has a personal committment to a God. However, organized religion is "sit bilong bulamakau". The "Church" (all of them) think they can change the rules whenever they feels like it. Do I need to give more examples?

Intractably......Ralph.

EM NAU

Too cynical these SDAs

No score for this post
January 13 2012, 10:36 AM 

Isn't it a wonder how SDA's step all over everyone and award a special dispensation to Israel Folau, a devout Mormon. How SDAs break the 1st and 2nd Commandments for their Mormon idol to break the 3rd is newsworthy.

How did the world miss this?

Wim2012

Re: Too cynical

No score for this post
January 13 2012, 4:05 PM 

I agree with that statement that people seem to use convenience in order to sublty change the rules God asked us to live by. I struggle with doing the right thing just as every one else and in my line of work the need to do my job very often conflicts with the Sabbath, Im a Doctor by profession and it is my duty to help the sick, so whenever i can avoid working on the sabbath i do, if this means going to work in the night instead etc that's what i do, but again i can't use my work as an excuse. And Israel Folau is not on my conscience it is on his own, whatever is wrong is sin and no man can excuse it. So his sin is between him and God.

Many people forget that you can't grow as a Christian on your own, not everything is given to one person and no one knows everything, so the role of the Church is to help people, who believe the same thing, to understand what they believe and why they believe it. Many people who go to a particular church don't actually know what the church as a whole believes and many forget that it is a commitment not only on a certain day but during the whole week. I'm glad i attend a local church that questions everything and tries its best to live in accordance with the bible.

Well each to his own, and suffer the ones who know and ignore.

Question

No score for this post
January 15 2012, 8:54 AM 

Is Israel Foleau a Morman or an SDA? I thought he was an SDA. Or do Mormons keep Saturday as the Sabbath too?

Regards......Ralph

EM NAU

Re: Question

No score for this post
January 18 2012, 1:49 PM 

'You thought', Brissy boy Ralph. Why, just take a stroll over to Suncorp and ask
Sam Thayday,
is it Friday?
Is it Sataday?
Is it Sunday?
Is it SDA?
Is it Latter Day?

Cheers.

EM NAU

Counterfeits

No score for this post
January 19 2012, 10:37 AM 

Oh and, You could obtain a permit retrospectively, after the act, from the Religion of Rome to secretly access your neighbour's wife but don't try that in PNG. God, Scripture and Papua New Guineans wouldn't tolerate that.

And Ralph, there are words like counterfeit, fraud and deceit which I don't have the time to do an essay but, you know what I mean. There are churches and there are churches, too.

It would be an understatement to say here that Christ and the Church He established has been grossly misrepresented for 2000 years by so many. The warning was issued even during the early days that false prophets, counterfeits and anti-Christs were already active during the Apostles' time. We know these things Ralph.

Does that affect the message of the Cross? Not in a moment. Unless people want to see it that way, as an excuse to indulge in their greed, lust and anti-God rebellious living.

To lazy.

No score for this post
January 19 2012, 9:14 PM 

Yes @EM NAU,
I could do that but I don't care enouh to bother. "Tis of little interest to me.

What do you think of apathy? I don't know, and I couldn't give a stuff!

Heretics of the world - ignite......Ralph.

Freedom?

No score for this post
January 21 2012, 8:48 AM 

Cut n paste ninemsn news 21.01.12

An Indonesian civil servant who declared himself an atheist on Facebook was arrested and is now facing jail for blasphemy after being attacked by an angry mob, police said on Friday.

Alexander An, 30, who wrote "God doesn't exist" on his Facebook page, was beaten by a mob of dozens on Wednesday in his hometown in Pulau Punjung, West Sumatra province.

"He is suspected of having blasphemed against Islam," local police chief Chairul Aziz told AFP.

"The man told police investigators that if God really exists and has absolute power, why didn't he prevent bad things from happening in this world."

An said on his Facebook page that he was brought up as a Muslim, like the vast majority in Indonesia, where blasphemy is a punishable crime carrying a maximum five-year prison term.

Dozens of locals stormed into his office after a heated debate with them on Facebook over religion, police said.

An was also an administrator of a Facebook group promoting atheism with 1,243 followers. His postings no longer appeared online following his arrest.

Recommend this article. 20 Flocks so far

So much for those who advocate Islam. At least we now have the right (hard won indeed) to differ.

Regards......Ralph.

EM NAU

Re: Freedom?

No score for this post
January 23 2012, 9:15 PM 

Josef Stalin

Wim2012

Re: Question

No score for this post
January 20 2012, 4:29 AM 

Oops, i think i miss read your statement, i guess i am only human.

Max

To Win2012

No score for this post
January 26 2012, 7:42 AM 

To Win2012
To your Q - I believe God is the same yesterday,today and Tomorrow. So why GOD changed the day of rest to any other day if GOD is the Same. You are saying the 7th day is God's and we come to recieve our spiritual sustanence. Am I taking it wrongly that spiritual substance is only found on the 7 day, I thought spirtual substance was from the divine power through his Spirit. Where is the work of the Spirit if spiritual substance is found on 7th day. If God's spirit is here on Earth today - doing his mission to fed Spiritual food to Christ's Children- I guess then am missing the point not doing what God wants me as a Gentile to do.
God spoke and did things with the Isrealites and when Jesus appeared -the very people said they know GOd but know not the GOD the Son,rejected him.
Today we do the same thing - we say we know Jesus but don't even want to know God the Spirit. The holy Spirit represents GOD here on earth today. Present day church can not bypass the Spirit and go to Jesus by doing good works or observing days etc. like wise no body can bypass Jesus and goes to GOD. No wander why Christ said - true worship is by the Spirit,Jesus said am the Lord of the Sabbath and Jesus also said worshipping God is in the Spirit,and today is that moment - not on special days sunday or saturday. Is the Holy Spirit avaliable on special days?Saturday or sunday.

You also saying - people can not grow as a Christain on your own - may you elabroate more, I think otherwise - Individual/christains can grow on their own by reading into the word of God and taught and revealling the truths by the author of the passages in the bible. It takes Holy Spirit to compare truth with truth - not man telling you how you should honor GOD or inteperruting the bible for you as they think. Christian faith foundation has been layed by those early pinoeers eg Paul(saul)Helen White, Martin Luther, John Wesly etc. Should we as today christains just stop there or explore more of GOD's work. I see there is more to explore.
The Christain Faith - Jesus Christ is the son of GOd - had died and had risen. Thats the basic Christain Foundation - anyone saying other wise - going to GOD by other means - then I have to carefully and suspiously hear their argument.
Other basic truth I myself have taken on is I just can not know the God the Son - Jesus by my own.Am not a Israelite - so don't know how I could please GOD in their culture settings by doing what they do - It was Pauls argument on his mission trips to the Gentle population outside of Israel on his missionary trips and how Paul spread Christ message was by not debating but by reasoning and logic. Questions were arised whether the early Christains be circumsied or should they parttake in the sabbathical rituals together with the Jews. Pauls responds is - Do whats in your Heart,beleive in him daily - toady is the day of Salvation - live the life by pleasing GOd by accepting His Son -Lord of the Sabbath - in him you find everything,rest peace,forgiveness,blessing,assurance etc. So I like to say I keep my Sabbath in me daily which assures of my forgiveness if I step out of line - I m not perfect but knowing the assurance that sacrifical lamp been offered at the alter paid the price for me for ever and ever.
Thanks Win2011 - I learnt alot from your prospective

A.H

Sabbath?

No score for this post
February 7 2012, 4:47 PM 

First of all, the greatest commandment which says love God with all your heart, mind and soul as well as to love your neighbour sums up the Ten Commandments. The first four laws talks about God and the next six about your conduct with your fellow men (women). Likewise, Apostle Paul encouraged fellowships on Sunday to collect the offerings from his fellow Corinthian believers. Jesus tells his disciples to pick corns form the cornfield to feed themselves asserting the message that he is more important than the Sabbath. So I agree with Max. Daily fellowship with the creator is all that matters for all days are sanctified by God and given to men.

Thus, the power of the blood of the lamb to remove sins is more important than obeying the Sabbath. For instance, if the Ten Commandments were to save us, why didnt God select some Jews to distribute the laws throughout the land? The answer is simple. The laws were given to the Jews for their own good but we are saved by the blood of the lamb. That is why Col 2:16-17 says do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. Amen.

Preachers must talk more about the power of the blood of Christ to save souls and nothing else. Anything else that becomes number one in the pulpit apart from Christ is cultism.

Wim2012

Re: Sabbath?

No score for this post
February 7 2012, 10:22 PM 

God set apart one day that was completely for the purpose of worship, as He said, in it thou shalt do NO WORK, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor the stranger that is within thy gates. This day is set apart for worship in its entirety, not for doing other things like gathering the harvest or ploughing the fields, it is not just another day, it is the day God said belongs to Him, and He blessed it and sanctified it (Made it holy). What I did not say was that you only get the spirit on this day, no, the Spirit is given to all men. Not all men, however, accept the power it brings, indeed some deny its presence whilst others embrace it. The acceptance of the spirit IS a daily thing and this means we need to pray, etc every day not just on specific days. But as I said earlier, God set apart the one day for Himself and He has called that the Sabbath. Just as we pay tithes according to what the Lord has said was His, we give this one day completely to him. The others we use to feed ourselves and provide for our families in conjunction with our daily spiritual walk.

As I have grown I have learnt more about the Trinity, as catholics say, yet there is no true evidence that links all 3 members. There is however evidences that support it, such as John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, He was in the Beginning and without Him, nothing that was made, was made, and He became flesh and dwelt among us. Genesis 1:26 Let US make man in OUR own image. Paraphrased John 14:16, 15:26 and 16:7 And I will send you one like me. The Spirit was sent to do what Jesus now could not, and that was to be Omnipresent, near to everyone and able to dispense knowledge and understanding as it saw fit. The Father, Son and Holy spirit seem to have differing roles, the Father commands, Jesus does and the Holy Spirit perpetuates. Therefore no one has seen the Father, except the Son, yet he who has seen the Son has seen the Father, and He is in Me and I in Him.

Wim2012

No score for this post
February 7 2012, 10:23 PM 

When Christ said, worship in spirit and truth, He did not mean the Holy spirit, he meant our own spirit. Not to be confused with a soul, the spirit is the part of us that cannot be quantified, such as the mind and the heart. We are made up of two indivisible parts a physical being and spiritual self, each is at war with the other, this is the essence of the struggle, Satan attempts to undermine Gods authority over us using our flesh, whilst God appeals to our spirit, as the text goes the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Each individual is a battle ground between good and evil, the war is between Satan and Jesus and we battle ourselves for control. We need the Holy spirit to help us understand the routes for Satans attacks and therefore set our defences against them. By denying the Holy spirit we deny ourselves this knowledge and are more easily corrupted. So seeking the Holy Spirit is a daily thing, not only for a specific day.

I stand by what I said, people cannot grow in isolation. The examples you have given; Martin Luther, was ready to give up on his new found belief because of persecution and it was his wife who helped him to see, that what he knew he must share. Ellen White was given many visions and wrote many books but even she acknowledges the need of fellowship, as edification, or growth of the Christian. I believe that what you are trying to say is that the Holy Spirit can help you understand the bible and that you dont need to rely on other people. But look at what Jesus did, He was born of a woman, a mortal, a little lower than the angels. God has allowed humanity, in the form of Mary, to participate in the work of salvation. After all, God could have made Jesus, just appear, but He decided in his infinite wisdom to let us take part, and that is what he is doing today. He is allowing us the opportunity to assist Him in the great gospel commission Go ye therefore into all the world and preach the Gospel, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit. Therefore the Holy Spirit does not give the same knowledge to everyone, but gives each according to his ability and however the Spirit sees fit. But Jesus warned us against idleness, saying, If they do not speak such, then even the stones would cry out. So we are given the opportunity to help spread the Gospel and edify (Build up) each other.

Wim2012

No score for this post
February 7 2012, 10:25 PM 

Paul was a Pharisee undergoing rabbinical training before he was stopped by Christ on the road to Damascus. Paul, however, made his testimony and his preaching to fit into the society he wanted to educate. The greeks were philosophers and therefore would be persuaded more by logical argument than by belief and conviction. Paul reasoned with them in a way that they could understand and follow his point.

The questions raised were not raised by Gentile believers initially, they were raised by the Jews who believed in the Jesus, the Son of God. The Jews still had a mental image of themselves as being the Chosen people of God, and just like the spoilt brat, wanted everyone to follow them, therefore they had to be circumcised, etc. But God showed Peter a vision of animals, clean and unclean, according to Jewish custom, and told Peter to eat, to which Peter replied, they are unclean! But God said to him, What I say is clean is clean, take and eat. God effectively said, the Jews are no longer my special people, the gentiles are now part of this family too. So the Jews tried to take their position back by demanding that the gentiles comply with Moses teachings. What Paul said was that the true heart of worship wasnt found in the things you did, but how you did them. So if a man decided he should be circumcised as a gift to the Lord then he should do it, but if he was told to do it in order that he might gain salvation by it then this was not the true heart of worship. Therefore Paul said, your hearts should be circumcised not your body, so that your worship places God before all other things of this world.

paka

Wrong strategy for creating good Christians

No score for this post
February 8 2012, 6:38 AM 

Sorry, I disagree. Pastors in PNG spend too much time on the sweeping generalities (like love God with all your heart) and too little time on the nuts and bolts (do not commit adultery). The results of this strategy of preaching is obvious.

Wim2012

OBEDIENCE

No score for this post
February 9 2012, 2:18 AM 

One must also remember Adam and Eve, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not planted in the Garden of Fun, it was put there as a test of their OBEDIENCE. Would they trust God and OBEY his words, "..of it thou shalt NOT eat" or would they YIELD to the temptation? The 7th Day is the only day that GOD specifically SANCTIFIED, or SET APART, no other day was given this precedence, so while many believe that the power of Christ's blood is all they need to achieve immortality, they forget that Love breeds trust and trust leads to OBEDIENCE. If you commit sin just because you can take it to GOD and ask for forgiveness means your faith is of no use and vain. "For in vain do they worship Me" and "their hearts are far from Me". True worship requires sacrifice and therefore the denial of oneself to fulfill Jesus message "go sell all you have and follow me." This was not meant in order that you could buy your way into heaven, it was meant for the rich young man to give up everything he previously held dear and follow Jesus, his commitment was his 'heart of Worship" and showed he placed God first. Therefore in all our WORSHIP, we must place GOD at the centre and OBEY what was asked of us.

Amen

A.H

Love matters

No score for this post
February 20 2012, 4:07 PM 

In the Old Testament, God engraved the Ten Commandments on a stone tablet and gave it to Moses to be presented to the Jews. But the Jews couldn't keep up with the whole law. By breaking one of the commandments meant you broke the whole law irrespective of whether you kept the Sabbath at the end of the week. However, in the New Testament, as Apostle Paul wrote, the law was not written with pen and ink but the Spirit of the living God that carved them not on tablets but human hearts (2 Cor 3:3). So what does that supposed to mean? As Christ's love which the Holy Spirit carves out of our heart sprouts forth then we declare our love for both God and our fellowmen (women). By doing so and the confession we make shows that we have obeyed God's commandments for we are expected to be holy everyday. For without love, we will be empty drums (1 Cor 13). Rom 2:29 further affirms that a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God where true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law but by rather the change of heart produced by God's Spirit.
Moreover, John 7:38 also declares that 'Rivers of living water will flow from the heart of anyone who believes in Jesus.' Again, Jesus ascertains in Mt 15:11 that it is what comes out of your mouth that makes you unclean and not vice versa. So rather then we submerged ourselves in sin and pop up on Saturdays and Sundays, it is better to love God and one another everyday for love covers multitude of sins (1 Pet 4:8). For instance, what if your car had a tyre puncture somewhere in the middle of the road on a Saturday afternoon with sick children and mothers onboard? Would you say 'oh it's Sabbath, so I'll just pray and wait till Sunday?' Rather you'll show your love for your fellow humans and fix the tyre quickly so you can all arrive home safely before dusk.

><{{->

Re: Love matters

No score for this post
February 22 2012, 8:40 AM 

Powerful Acts of Love
http://www.truth-out.org/acts-love/1329834919
Tuesday 21 February 2012
by: Chris Hedges, Truthdig | Op-Ed

Love, the deepest human commitment, the force that defies empirical examination and yet is the defining and most glorious element in human life, the love between two people, between children and parents, between friends, between partners, reminds us of why we have been created for our brief sojourns on the planet. Those who cannot loveand I have seen these deformed human beings in the wars and conflicts I coveredare spiritually and emotionally dead. They affirm themselves through destruction, first of others and then, finally, of themselves. Those incapable of love never live.

Hell, Dostoevsky wrote, is the inability to love.

Continue reading here:http://www.truth-out.org/acts-love/1329834919

Wim2012

No score for this post
March 8 2012, 2:18 PM 

Okay, but what you are forgetting is that the Commandments were written in STONE for a reason, to show the immutable nature of God and His law, it is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, that is, it never changes. God did not give the Jews a sacrificial system to allow them to earn salvation, He gave them the sacrificial system to show them what their sin costs, and as a model of what Christ would go through. The same law written on stone is written in the believer's HEART. Now the believer understands why Jesus died and therefore obeys the law out of this love. But as it is written, if you are guilty of breaking one, you are guilty of breaking all. So all Satan has to do is convince you that the Sabbath is no longer of consequence and by doing so makes you guilty of breaking the law of God, even though you may be pious in all other affairs. So obeying the law within our hearts is important and loving the Lord God allows us to both obey and love.

humpty dumpty

No score for this post
March 10 2012, 9:59 AM 

Did you ever stop to think about all the ancient Egyptian stone artifacts that have survived through time despite their relative unimportance to people of that time, or to later ones.

Yet here we have stone tablets of the 10 commandments that were supposed to be the shining path for all humans and there's not a shread of evidence that they ever existed!

Sounds like a wonderful but made up story to me. Sort of like aesop's fables that the Europeans teach their kids.

EM NAU

No score for this post
March 14 2012, 11:38 AM 

Yes indeed, fables like frogs turning into princes. Quite right there. No they're not fables anymore. They're now scientific facts. Frog's did become princes if only you kick in a million years. That's modern science. No, they're no fables anymore.

not ignorant

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 9:52 PM 

Em nau, you're obviously ignorant about the things you make fun of. Humans and frogs do NOT have a common ancestor, so even given a billion years, it hasn't happened - theres no scientific evidence for what you say.

EM NAU

@ not ignorant

No score for this post
March 29 2012, 10:03 AM 

You may substitute frog with any low order creature on its way to becoming man, if you get the drift. I just picked the frog. Please name the appropriate creature at that level. Rats? Ignorance can be helped. Stupidity is forever. Yes, I will always kick this rabbit every time it gets in my way.

Silky_Silk

Sabbath Truth

No score for this post
March 11 2012, 8:01 PM 

Care to learn more about the Sabbath? please visithttp://www.sabbathtruth.com

PMV

Re: Sabbath Truth

No score for this post
March 13 2012, 7:55 PM 

Silky why didnt you put in the fact that this is an SDA site.???
As a point of rebuttle people should be aware of where this information comes from because the site that you provided makes it very obscure.

For further reading on SDA's go to the following links
http://www.nonsda.org/study12.shtml
http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/modern-cult-groups-errant-religions/19105-seventh-day-adventist-vs-born-again-christian.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Seventh-day_Adventist_Church

The SDA also hold to the blasphemous doctrine that Satan plays a role in our salvation. Jesus has taken our sins but God has not forgotten them. The sins will be placed on Satan who will bear them away. THEN we will be free of them.

Another key false doctrine is that we cannot know for sure that we are saved. We can only know it for sure when we have died.

Add to this the fact that you MUST accept Ellen White as the true prophet of God and all of her teachings as divinely inspired; and that meat is bad and God prefers us to be vegetarians. Finally if you reject any part of SDA doctrine ... especially keeping the law, then you are bound for hell. In fact if you refuse to join an SDA church you are most likely lost.

On ANY ONE of the above points, but primarily on salvation by works, we can determine that the SDA preaches another gospel and therefore is to be rejected by true Christians.

Noxi

Sabbath Truth

No score for this post
March 13 2012, 8:23 PM 

http://carm.org/religious-movements/seventh-day-adventism/does-bible-allow-christians-worship-sunday

In the Old Testament, God stated, "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you," (Exodus 20:8-10, NASB). It was the custom of the Jews to come together on the Sabbath, which is Saturday, cease work, and worship God. Jesus went to the synagogue on Saturday to teach (Matt. 12:9; John 18:20) as did the apostle Paul (Acts 17:2; 18:4). So, if in the Old Testament we are commanded to keep the Sabbath and in the New Testament we see Jews, Jesus, and the apostles doing the same thing, then why do we worship on Sunday?

First of all, of the 10 commandments listed in Exodus 20:1-17, only 9 of them were restated in the New Testament. (Six in Matt. 19:18, murder, adultery, stealing, false witness, honor parents, and worshiping God; Rom. 13:9, coveting. Worshiping God properly covers the first three commandments) The one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath. Instead, Jesus said that He is the Lord of the Sabbath (Matt. 12:8).

In creation, God rested on the seventh day. But, since God is all powerful, He doesnt get tired. He doesnt need to take a break and rest. So, why does it say that He rested? The reason is simple: Mark 2:27 says, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." In other words, God established the Sabbath as a rest for His people, not because He needed a break, but because we are mortal and need a time of rest, of focus on God. In this, our spirits and bodies are both renewed.

The OT system of Law required keeping the Sabbath as part of the overall moral, legal, and sacrificial system by which the Jewish people satisfied Gods requirements for behavior, government, and forgiveness of sins. The Sabbath was part of the Law in that sense. In order to "remain" in favor with God, you had to also keep the Sabbath. If it was not kept, then the person was in sin and would often be punished (Ezek. 18:4; Rom. 6:23; Deut. 13:1-9; Num. 35:31; Lev. 20:2, etc.).

But with Jesus atonement, we no longer are required to keep the Law as a means for our justification. The requirements of the Law were fulfilled in Christ. We now have rest from the Law. We now have "Sabbath", continually.

Silky_Silk

Sabbath in the New Testament

No score for this post
April 3 2012, 8:37 PM 

Interesting argument noxi. There are quite a few texts in the NT that support the 4th commandments (Matthew 12:8, 12; 24:20; Mark 1:21; 2:27-28; 6:2; Luke 4:16, 31; 6:5; 23:56; Acts 13:14, 42, 44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:1-2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:4, 9-10).
Is there any evidence in the New Testament before or after the cross that even one of the Ten Commandments was abolished? The most commonly attacked Commandment is one that defines it is God we love and worship and yet we find Paul keeping the Sabbath day, as his custom was since childhood, in a Jewish Synagogue. A custom is something you do religiously and without failure. What was Paul's CUSTOM and EXAMPLE while establishing the early Christian Church? Notice in the following verse that this is a Jewish synagogue and that Jews have all through history, without change, worshipped on Saturday as they still do today. Acts 17:1-2. The Jews and Pharisees which Paul was since CHILDHOOD, have ALWAYS kept Saturday as the Sabbath. Acts 26:4-5. This is proof conclusive of Saturday Sabbath keeping AFTER the cross. It was not only Paul's custom and example but that of Jesus also and He is our perfect example. Luke 4:16.

Most Christians seem to think that everything starts fresh in the New Testament but this could not be further from the truth. Just because the Translators divided the Bible into two books called the Old and New Testaments does not mean everything starts again. Absolutely everything from the Old Testament continues into the New Testament as if it was just one book not divided, and the only changes between the Old and the New Testaments are what we are specifically told has changed. And so you also do not establish if one of the Ten Commandments still exists in the New Testament by looking for it being repeated. To the contrary, you have to look to see if there is an unmistakable instruction that says a Commandment is gone or changed and if scripture is silent then it still exists. God does not work on assumptions and especially on something as important as His Moral law such as His Sabbath. If a Commandment of God was changed then the Bible would be SCREAMING the change at us.

While an extremely clear directive is given for Sabbath keeping in Exodus 20:8-11 and Deuteronomy 5:12-15, the next closest passage to a command for Sabbath-keeping in the New Testament is found in Hebrews 4:9. In this verse we find the Greek word sabbatismos. The King James and New King James Version and a few other Bibles render the word as rest while the Amplified Bible the ASV, NASB, NIV, RSV and NRSV and several other translations somewhat more correctly render that word as Sabbath rest. A few Bibles such as the Darby translation transliterate the word as Sabbatism. Its literal translation however, is Sabbath observance and The Scriptures translated by The Institute for Scripture Research render it as such while the Thayer dictionary and the Bible in Basic English give the equally literal phrase Sabbath keeping. So how does the excuse the Sabbath is now just resting in Jesus constitute Sabbath observance or Sabbath keeping as some claim? And why would you have to be concerned with physically fleeing persecution on the Sabbath day as Jesus stated when the temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. (Matthew 24:20) if the Sabbath was just resting in Jesus? Those who are deceived or against the Ten Commandment law of God had to justify this passage somehow and I guess that was the best explanation they could come up with.
http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/ten_commandments-new_testament.html#1)

Anna

Re: Sabbath Truth

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 6:15 AM 

Purely an interpretation of God's words and not The Truth as they may try to promote themselves

willz

true sabbath

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 12:06 PM 

why should we be worring about what day we go to church or what we wear to church etc ect ?? after all God does not see the outer part but its what our personal life with him is about ! if your always worrying about what day or what you wear to church then i think you got it all wrong . Besides why are you guys arguing about a sabbath DAY ?? i think you should LIVE EVERY DAY like its sabbath day wether it be monday tuesday whatever just have in mind that God gave you life for that day . Na thingim to, going to Church on a sabbath will NOT always take you to heaven .

A drunkard on the street may wake up early Saturday morning(or Sunday morning) ,after friday nights booze and partaaying, get dressed and walk into church without being a believer ! does that mean his going to heaven ? nope ! unless he repents and acknowledges Jesus as his Lord and personal saviour and lives EVERYDAY like its sabbath (holy) then i guess that gives a Smile to Gods face.

Observer

Sabath not the answer

No score for this post
March 22 2012, 10:17 PM 

Willz, I totally agree with you. Being a Sabath worshiper is not the guarantee to Heaven. We need to live by the principles and teachings of Christ. Some people simply sweat their guts preaching about Sabath without living it. Sori tumas.

Undecided

Which Church to Follow??????

No score for this post
March 24 2012, 5:54 PM 

Christianity is so divided with many Churches and sects claiming to be the genuine one with prophetic messages. I am somebody who is on my way to making a personal commitment to Christ but don't really know which Church is the real one who has the truth and has what I need. Can anyone there help me constructively? Give historical details of the beginning of your Church and the main teachings for your church? I want to be member of a church that has the truth I am seeking.
Thanks for your help.

Confused.

Jax

Reply to Noxi

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 12:53 AM 

Noxi, where you have erred is that Jesus didn't come to change the laws, but to fulfill them, "Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil"

Now why did Jesus rested on the Sabbath, you ask. And you go on to say; so that man can rest? No! His resting was to signify that the creation was complete, and He sanctified the Sabbath day, so that mankind will remember creation, will remember that there is a creator. The Sabbath reminds us that we have a creator and not so we can rekindle our spirit or remain in favor with the lord. Sabbath brings us directly back to the creator, when we worship on Sabbath we acknowledge He created us.
But to go to heaven you have to believe in Jesus, not necessarily observe the Sabbath (John 14:6) When we worship on any day in the Name of Jesus, we acknowledge He died for our Sins and is our saviour, when we worship on the Sabbath,we acknowledge also that Jesus/God is our creator as well as our savior.That is the difference

Current Topic - Seventh Day Sabbath the true Day of worship
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Faith