<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Faith  

Existence of Jesus

May 21 2012 at 9:43 AM
No score for this post
feraldan 

I have a good question:

Why do so many of you believe in Jesus when there are NO archaeological or written evidence of his existence outside of the Bible? In other words, theres no proof he existed?

And yet the well documented stories of the Sumerians are clearly backed up by archaeological evidence alover the place?

I came across this forum when searching for Sumerians, and found like so many other sites, what seems like a bunch of Christians on a witch hunt.

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT JESUS ACTUALY EXISTED

THERE ARE COUNTESS SITES ACROSS THE MIDDLE EAST BACKING UP THE STORIES OF THE SUMERIANS???

Did you ever consider that maybe its you Christians that are belive a pack of lies????????????????????????????

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
EM NAU

Re: Existence of Jesus

No score for this post
May 23 2012, 4:12 PM 

Does your doctor know you're wandering around outside? What is today's date?

Noxi

Jesus did Exist

No score for this post
May 23 2012, 6:32 PM 

Wow!!! Amazing, Extrodinary, IGNORANCE! Where is your Evidence that Jesus never existed ??? Instead of deluding yourself with fantasies and fairy stories try doing some actual research!

Historical evidences of Jesus include the following:

The first-century Roman Tacitus, who is considered one of the more accurate historians of the ancient world, mentioned superstitious Christians (from Christus, which is Latin for Christ), who suffered under Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius. Suetonius, chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian, wrote that there was a man named Chrestus (or Christ) who lived during the first century.

Flavius Josephus is the most famous Jewish historian. In his Antiquities he refers to James, the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ. There is a controversial verse (18:3) that says, Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man. For he was one who wrought surprising feats....He was [the] Christ...he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him.

One version reads, At this time there was a wise man named Jesus. His conduct was good and [he] was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who became his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion, and that he was alive; accordingly he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders.

piku

Re: Jesus did Exist

No score for this post
May 25 2012, 5:51 PM 

Even most atheists believe that there was a man Jesus. They only thing they don't believe (just like all the non-Christian religions) is that he was the son of God.

This fellow is out in left field mentally.

Another Conspiracy Theory

No score for this post
May 23 2012, 9:10 PM 

Did Jesus of Nazareth exist? Well, obviously. It's one of those questions that answers itself just by being asked; the only people who answer in the negative are cranky mythicists, professional atheists and conspiracy theorists.

muse

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 4:11 AM 

Your rhetoric fails to impress. In fact, most atheists have no problem believing Jesus the man existed.....same for people of all the other non-Christian faiths. The evidence is fairly clear that the man existed. It is the son of God stuff (same as lunatics are now saying about EHP candidate Jon Yogiyo) that is heavily doubted by those who consider the evidence only, not the heresay.

christian

evidence for christians

No score for this post
May 23 2012, 9:45 PM 

i am so happy that people are opposing christianity and no other religion else! this shows that our lord Jesus is faithful/truthful through and through ! he said that in the last days the antichrist will arise here and there and oppose christians like as ! he said "remember no servant is greater than his master,if they persecute me, they will persecute you also" !! and its evident here right now on this web site ! haha i thank God i am on the right side with the other christians on this post happy.gif ..

oh dead

Re: evidence for christians

No score for this post
May 25 2012, 7:12 AM 

No silly boy, all it shows is that there are no muslims or buddhists on this board trying to push their religions in our faces. Thats why no one gets down on them.

Please use some common sense.

EM NAU

Re: evidence for christians

No score for this post
May 25 2012, 3:20 PM 

"...push their religion in our faces?..." This is the most idiotic comment I've read so far.

Someone coming into the faith page and whingeing about Christianity.
What are you doing here on the Faith page, if I may ask?

Like diving into water and complaining about getting wet.

As if Christians are pushing their faith in an atheist page here. Logic is not your strong suit.

If atheism is your religion, start one blog and have it as much as you like.

You make no sense here.

good man

Mr/Mrs feraldan

No score for this post
May 27 2012, 3:07 PM 

gooday Sir/Madam,

From reading your post i conclude you are not a believer and definitely a science fiction freakazoid (lmao). But something that i think i should bring to your attention is that- although you could have chosen to attack any other religions or cults from the millions and millions in this world, yet out of the millions you some how (but christians are not surprised because our Lord professed this ) ,by plan (thus evident of Gods prophecy of "signs" of the end times), you chose Christianity- the one whom Jesus, the one true Lord and creator,started .

There are so many religions that have more silly prophecies or "bibles" than that of Christiaity but you dont attack them ? WHY ? becouse its all part of what God sayed and was the plan of how the world would end in the end times. Its not just u trying to pick on Christianity ,theres millions attacking Christianity around the world.

There is no religion like christianity- although there are many mimics and gimmicks. You can tell the genuine from fakes- the genuine always deliver what they say. Jesus sayed -the signs of the end times are famines, wars and rumours of wars, disasters, false teachers (Darwin ..etc) , the love of God will grow cold and the love of the world and materialistic things like money,cars,clothes ,huge mansions, jewelry, the latest fashion/trends will be seen. Man will murder each other like life means nothing , devil worship will be in the open as opposed to what it was decades ago(under ground) - They Have a church of satan in the sates now!!! homosexuality and all sexual perversion will arise into society deceiving others as being a normal way of life . The christian faith will be attacked and accused by others (the anti-christ) as being false !!! God is true to his word aye ? look , he professed this about 4 thousand years ago and now look what is happening in our world today through the news we receive each day .

50 years ago ,earth quakes were rarely sin on the news. NOW ITS EVERYDAY-EVERY Minute ON THE NEWS HAPPENING AROUND THE WORLD !!! disasters like hail storms were rare decades ago and now its happening more more frequently than any other time in human history ! disaster after disaster ,the world as we know it is showing signs of STRESS !! this are "signs" that we are living in the end times when the world will come to a final end.

If you dont believe me than i suggest you watch the news and come out of your fantasy world with your aliens and all that nonsense.

See my point now ? its evident for all to see. You (and other people attacking christian faith) are helping others see the light. Thank you Sir/ madam. May God bless you happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

goodman

deraldan

Re: Mr/Mrs feraldan

No score for this post
May 28 2012, 8:17 AM 

You wrote a whole lot about essentially nothing.

The reason why feraldan attacks Christians is the same reason he attacks PNGs in other postings and other sites.

He has a thing against PNGs in general, whether they are Christians, living in Australia or otherwise. Simple as that.

He used to live in PNG and got disturbed about the way some of us live or conduct ourselves then probably saw that them talking about their Christian religion made these bad people hypocrits in feraldan's eyes.

Feraldan doesn't have the kind of brain that can step back and look at the big picture, he focuses on a few exceptions or weird things and generalises that all people are like that.

Observer

No score for this post
May 27 2012, 1:00 PM 

Feraldan, you present your 'evidence' without providing very much evidence. If the evidence you gave us is everything you have - everything that caused you to come to your viewpoint - then you're basing your viewpoint on very, very little evidence. That's a dangerous way in life to seek the truth.

Also, as other posters have already noted, there is quite a bit of evidence, coming from different angles, that Jesus the man did in fact exist. A common problem in reasoning and logic (demonstrated again and again on PNGScape) is when people pick and choose only evidence that suits your belief (as opposed to looking at the whole spectrum of evidence and see which direction it points).

Your argument would be far more convincing (right now it's now) if you gave us quite a few more pieces of evidence that points towards your theory AND you address the evidence against your theory (which points to Jesus Christ at least being a human being that lived in Israel some 2000 years ago).

By not supporting your theories in this logical fashion, you have been ridiculed both here and on other web sites. The reason is not that people are coming after you in particular, but your lack of a logical presentation of your theories, complete with evidence and a willingness to talk with opponents long enough that an audience can reach their own decision on what to believe, ALL makes it difficult to believe your theories, which are nearly always outlandish.

EM NAU

No score for this post
May 28 2012, 12:06 PM 

I asked Feraldan a question above about today's date, waited for several days and he/she hasn't responded. It was a genuine question and not some trick to trip you. You haven't answered.

Well, let me do it for you then. Today's date is May 28, 2012. What does that tell us? Is that 2012 years since Julius Caesar? Since Alexander the Great? Since Plato or Aristotle? Since Mohammed? Since Buddah? Since who then?

Why didn't the great minds assign the calendar, the most important medium of commerce, trade, law and all of human enterprise in which the world records the passing of time to commemorate the birth of a great leader, a great conqueror like Caesar or Alexander or some great general? Why did an obscure Galilean, a peasant teacher who lived for only 33 years, wrongly accused, betrayed by a close friend and executed as a common criminal outside city walls claim a central place in the affairs of men by dividing time into BC and AD by his incarnation? How would one rise to fame after being publicly murdered like that and after 2000 years, millions are willing to lay down their lives for him?

God the Creator of all things through Jesus Christ gave his stamp of approval on time, from 4000 BC to 0 AD and it has run from then till now under his direction. It was no accident that the early church fathers restarted the counting of years under the new dispensation of grace with the appearance of God the Son on planet earth. No other immortal will claim that esteemed place in the affairs of men.

So when you are required to sign an important stat dec, court document, bank transaction, school enrolment, sale and purchase of goods, record of births, deaths, marriages and any other business requiring legal and formal recognition, you give testimony to the fact that Jesus Christ existed by writing down the date. No date, no deal. All important documents witness the existence of Jesus. No other person has the esteemed position of directing the course of time except the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God who lives forever more.

Humpty Dumpty

And where is the historical evidence of Jesus?

No score for this post
June 3 2012, 12:30 PM 

And where is your evidence for Jesus existing?

NONE OF YOU PROVIDED ANY EVIDENCE?

The Bible isn't sufficient evidence!

Thats like believing Humty Dumty is God!

Show youre evidence and people might start believing you!

Just admit it you have al been conned by the Christians!!!

EM NAU

Re: And where is the historical evidence of Jesus?

No score for this post
June 5 2012, 3:49 PM 

You mean a video of Jesus? Then I want to see Plato and Caesar on film. If you want inscriptions on stone, you wont have it. Writing had passed from stone to skin and papyrus around Christ's time. Manuscript records are overwhelmingly abundant for Jesus than any of his secular contemporaries.

Besides, he was a peasant and mattered little to the secular world for any record of him at the time. The only official record could have been his crucifixion which Pilate may have briefed Caesar which includes Josephus and other non-Christan historians testifying to his existence.

His followers died for a dead man? A false story? Peter is said to have been crucified in Rome where the basilica bearing his name stands. Is that a myth? Would Peter die for a lie.

At least one of the eleven followers could have broken the story of the lie when facing death. No one did that.

No Jesus lived and showed himself after the resurrection and his followers laid down their lives for him.

Jesus lived and you are testifying to his continued existence on this date Anno Domini (in the year of our Lord). Get used to it.

martha

yes Jesus did exist

No score for this post
June 5 2012, 6:23 PM 

oh yes beloved God is real . y do i say this ? let me ask u , do satanists exist in this world ? YES! .. do they believe in satan ? YES ! well that is all the evidence you need that shows theres a Jesus who lived liked you and me and was tempted by this "satan" thousands of years ago and is still tempting and attacking us to this very day !! Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful Jesus is faithful

happy boy

evidence for you

No score for this post
June 6 2012, 8:20 PM 

humpty dumpy you silly boy !!! lol ...tell me why do you celebrate CHRISTMASs and EASTER and the PASS OVER AND CARRYING THE CROSS EVERY YEAR in remembrance of Jesus etc etc.. ???? its becouse of this Jesus you are doubting he even existed ! he is recognized as being real thus the whole human race have been celcebrating his memorial every year from the new testament till our present generation !!!! haha how silly you are my friend .

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Faith