Baby Nolan born w/ TCS

by

Hi, my name is Allyson Faber. My son was born at 37 weeks with TCS even though neither my husband or I have the syndrome. We weren't expecting it, and this past week has been a whirlwind. He is a week old now and has a tracheostomy to help him breathe. We are waiting to find out if he needs a G-Tube to be fed that way. He will be in the NICU for several more weeks at least, and though it has settled down and we are getting a firm grasp on what our role as parents will be in all this, we would love some support. It doesn't seem like this is a common syndrome, and there aren't any groups to talk to in our part of the U.S. We'd love to hear some encouragement from those who have actually lived this with their children. We look ahead at school and dating and sports and are overwhelmed with emotions as we know how cruel other people can be. We want only the best for him and love him more than anything. Any similar stories out there?

Posted on Feb 26, 2012, 4:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. TCS. , Jun 6, 2013

Find more forums on Medical SchoolCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement