Return to Index  

Union Bergter Small Second and Perpetual Calendar

July 15 2002 at 11:14 AM

Marcus Hanke  (Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

Response to Watches

Today I found the first two of the limited edition UNION handwinding watches at my dealer: the small second and the perpetual. Finally, the hour has come for my new digital camera which I had bought just for that purpose: to send recent pics to the web. I hope you like them, and if not the pics, then you maybe will like the watches. The other two models (pointer date and moonphase/power reserve) will hopefully be delivered within the next weeks.

So here are the two beauties side by side:

Here is the model with the small second:

I hope you can see that wonderfully grainy finish of the silver dial; this was effectively hidden in the official pics on the Union website. The finish reminds me of the movement finish of classic Glashuette watches.

The hands look black in these pics, but they all are heat-blued and look stunning!

This sideview shows the delicate casework with a highly polished bezel and brushed sides.

Here you see the small second's movement (unfortunately the watch was running, so the nice balance with its screws is not visible. However, you just have to look at the perpetual's movement further down).

And here is the perpetual:

... and its movement:

Marcus

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page