Return to Index  

I remember a conversation I had with Christian Veltman about a vintage Rolex forum --->

August 11 2011 at 6:33 AM
  (Login acce1999)
VRF Member
from IP address 81.235.169.195

Response to Happy anniversary VRF!

---> in the late 1990s. I was fairly new to the world of collectors (although not to Rolex), but not new to the world of internet. I shared his passion for vintage, but he was already then far ahead of me (and still is). Shortly after our discussion he dropped me a mail informing me of the first version of VRF that he started. It was great fun during the mid 1990s with the first Rolex forums, and later with VRF. As I understand it he focused on his musical career, and my time was all about family and career. From circa 2001 I did not spend much time on the forums. I just dropped by now and then, sometimes months passed.

Since February 2008 I am online again (on watch forums). Everyday. And I visit this site several times per day. I enjoy it very much, although I am - and have been - mostly a lurker on several forums.

I believe I posted using my first name (Anders) the first years, in 1994 or 1995. It was the early days of TimeZone then (from a server in Singapore), and Watchnet.

VRF today is pretty much perfect, and I hope it stays like this.

I am contributing when I can, but since I am no large vintage collector I have few pictures to post. And I am no dealer either. For some reason I am "stuck in the middle"; I like the Rolexes of the 1980's and 1990's...

Now I am going back to lurking... happy.gif

Best,

A

Respond to this message   

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014