Return to Index  

my point exactly .....

September 5 2011 at 9:14 PM

(Login jedly1)
VRF Emeritus
from IP address 124.170.40.81

Response to i agree

you'll have to excuse me i'm in blunt mood today,if you can't tell that dial is F**ked then that's half the problem, Roger can, I can, 90% of the membership can and i'm pretty sure that the seller who i consider a friend can, let's be frank he isn't going to list it for sale and start by saying this is a knackered dial that is blistering and has had moisture ingress...that isn't his job, his job is to present it in the most 'glass half full' way possible and SELL it to you ...he is not actually deceiving anyone as he's put up a 20inch clear picture of it for anyone to see, and he is pricing it fairly for what it is. (and i'm sorry mate this rant isn't about you, or your piece in question). Some people will enjoy it, some will enjoy the price point - it has been discussed before that people collect at very different levels...

BUT .....ordinarily the mod team wouldn't involve themselves, we would trust people to be able to use their own eyes, read the description of 75% condition and place the quality in the correct box, apparently though as people have voiced their fears about vendors taking advantage of new buyers, and have made accusations of favouritism for long standing dealer members we have made a point of asking ALL people to try and be a bit more restrained in their sales pitch that's it, if they take no notice they will, it appears, get called out....so in the first couple of times actually doing this now the MODS are just being mean.???...

damned if you do....damned if you don't.

This message has been edited by jedly1 from IP address 124.170.40.81 on Sep 6, 2011 1:06 AM
This message has been edited by jedly1 from IP address 124.170.40.81 on Sep 5, 2011 10:06 PM
This message has been edited by jedly1 from IP address 124.170.40.81 on Sep 5, 2011 10:01 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014