Return to Index  

I thought that was fair comment by Mller

September 26 2011 at 5:50 AM
fatboyharris  (Login fatboyharris)
VRF Member
from IP address 78.86.97.77

Response to Thanks. Obviously I still need to hear opinions from an expert... (nt)

many things may effect the wear on the bracelet but most of it is caused by the stress of application and uses it is put too by the owner.

The IMHO greatest creater of wear in a gold bracelet is the build up of dirt and soaps etc in the bracelet between the links, around the pins etc. The second biggest element is people messing with them and taking them apart etc.

My wife has a gold mid size datejust on a rivet bracelet, which she has worn day in day out for the last 10 years or so. It gets scratched up on a regular basis, but a good soak and light gentle clean with a used toothbrush on a regular basis removes the build up of grime between the links etc. You will be amazed how quickly the 'gunge' builds up and if left would start to accelerate 'wear' on the bracelet.

Kept in clean condition, not over polished, serviced by Rolex every 5 years or so and I can see no depreciable degradation in the operation of the bracelet. But gold is a soft material compared with steel, and at some point it will wear out.

regards

John

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014