Return to Index  

A great & visionary tech icon that gave me my 1st PC :-)

October 6 2011 at 12:05 AM

(Login LunetteVerde)
VRF Member
from IP address 171.207.145.168

Response to OT - Thoughts on the passing of Steve Jobs...

My 1st computer was an Apple IIe and my techie dad bought all the components in Singapore - assembled them from scratch for me & brother. I can still remember vividly the Space Invader games, the green "LV" monochrome screen and the retro 5 1/4 " floppy diskettes. & chunky external drive

It was awesome and it was an Apple who brought affordability in home computing to the masses. Then after, it went to a doldrums with me and never own another Apple product until my iPhone came along. That was a lapse of 2 decades between my 1st and 2nd Apple product!

Why do I come back to Apple? It was Steve & his team's visionary products that caught my fancy again!

RIP Steve. Thanks for for my 1st DIY PC (thanks to my good old dad) & I still have it in my attic.

This message has been edited by LunetteVerde from IP address 171.207.145.168 on Oct 6, 2011 12:08 AM

Respond to this message   

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014