Return to Index  

Thanks for reminding me of the auction house...

October 21 2011 at 9:37 PM

John Ireland  (Login figcar)
VRF Member
from IP address 69.235.130.33

Response to I apologize for my confusion...

the watch was in awful shape when I got it...the crystal was almost opaque with age...the links on the original jubilee bracelet where so badly caked with dirt I wondered if the watch came out of a grave. A service by Rolex put everything right. They even repaired a crack in one of the hinges on the bracelet clasp.

I later sold the bracelet because I just found sometimes the watch would sit on the wrist at a certain angle and the slightest movement of the wrist would pop open the clasp. Since I wasn't comfortable wearing the bracelet (and every Rolex bracelet I'ved owned has been the same) I sold it.

I also feel that the watch head has more elegance and simplicity on a leather strap. I can get seduced by a gold Jubilee pretty easily...but I don't like the newer invisible clasps (even though they see far superior) and I don't trust the original style clasps so it always comes back to leather straps.

I really should try to track down Harry Tanabe's family and let them know he is remembered through his watch.

Have you ever bought from that company?

Regards,

John Ireland

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014