Return to Index  

1013s turn up more frequently now...in varying states of

October 22 2011 at 11:14 AM

(Login figcar)
VRF Member
from IP address 69.235.130.33

Response to Decisions...

condition. Though market prices don't agree with me, I think they are as rare or rarer than ANY Sub or Milgauss out there...and more useful and better looking on the wrist.

This one was my fourth...and it really needed a full service.

My very first one was also yellow gold with an original gold dial...I changed the dial on just because I was having trouble reading it...big mistake. Bigger mistake was selling it because I thought having three 1013s was having one too many. Maybe I was being sensible... but I still regret it.

My second 1013 one was a later (stick marker) rose gold but had an incorrect dial in it. I never came to love it and sold it...no regreats.

My third is my current pink gold one (actually a 1012 w/ smooth bezel)...it had a really abused dial on top of a bad old redial. Bob Ridley gave it a full service and a really excellent redial and it is now in a three way tie for my second favorite watch.

My fourth 1013 is my favorite and the one we have been discussing. It is the combination of the yellow gold with the silver/white dial and the older dagger style markers that gets me every time I have to chose which goes on my wrist.

I would consider buying more 1013s as they came up...but I am also trying to be logical and frugal in the modern times we live in. On the other hand...for a really good example I'd trade my 1803 or my 5505 for one. I offered the 1803 to the guy who bought my first 1013 in an effort to get it back but he was looking for hard cash, not another watch.

Which forces me to ask myself, do I really need more 1013s...having two should be enough...but is it?

John Ireland

Respond to this message   

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014