Return to Index  

I didn't have the intention...

October 26 2011 at 1:05 AM

Derk M. Reckel  (Login Reckel)
VRF Member
from IP address 95.115.100.66

Response to Be careful with your opinion

to declare all the 9050 Rangers as incorrect, especially as in the "older times" the same reference even on Rolex was used for marketing different models.
For me there is just the final proof missing in form of any kind of marketing material offering 9050 as Ranger.

But as the most if not all faked Rangers are 9050s for a starter it's better to hunt after the other references of known Rangers which are not or seldomly faked.

I also own a 9050 Ranger, a red one, but I know - even having a confirmation of an AD that's a genuine piece - that it's not. It was an early buy and at the price of a regular Oysterprince. Also in this case it wasn't giving any money to the faker as there was no price difference.

And some alterations may also have been performed by authorized dealers, e.g. after water damage quite early in time just using a different set of dial/hands fitting to the movement.
My collection starter impulse was a 6610 having only one service marking in the caseback. Nevertheless it had a late 60s replacement dial and under the microscopy you could even see minimal rust crystals on the dial, so it had a water damage decades before I bought it and was untouched after fixing this...

As I like the Explorer I and the Ranger layout I would like to buy an genuine Ranger (not at the moment as I just bought too much) and if I got offered a "dirt incrusted" 9050 I most probaby would go for it, but wouln'd feel 100% safe wink.gif

Bye,
Derk

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014