Return to Index  

OK, maybe I'm getting old(er) but I'm really enjoying the non-Sports models--post yours!>>

November 7 2011 at 3:52 PM

(Login tomvox1)
VRF Dial Archive Curator
from IP address 96.232.167.143

Like a lot of "newer" collectors, I was first drawn to vintage Rolex for their Tool/Sports models, as they were more relatable to me as a long-time chronograph and diver watch fan.

But I have really grown to admire and enjoy the non-tool Oysters for their elegance combined with toughness. They may be a bit smaller and usually lack a functioning bezel but they have their charms and they certainly grow on you, particularly as one gets to the point in life where dressing for dinner entails more than jeans and a polo shirt. wink.gif

So these are my non-Sports Rolex that have found their way into my "permanent" collection...

660518kwrst-1.jpg

TudorLinenWrstcopy.jpg

6284JoyeriaRiviera-wrst2_edited-5.jpg

[linked image]

...with a special exemption for my 1016, the original "Tool" watch but one that is still versatile enough for black tie...

1016gilt-wrst-1.jpg

So those are my dressy Rolex--now show me yours!
All the best,
T.

This message has been edited by tomvox1 from IP address 96.232.167.143 on Nov 7, 2011 4:46 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014