OK, maybe I'm getting old(er) but I'm really enjoying the non-Sports models--post yours!>>November 7 2011 at 3:52 PM
tomvox1 (Login tomvox1)
VRF Dial Archive Curator
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Like a lot of "newer" collectors, I was first drawn to vintage Rolex for their Tool/Sports models, as they were more relatable to me as a long-time chronograph and diver watch fan.
But I have really grown to admire and enjoy the non-tool Oysters for their elegance combined with toughness. They may be a bit smaller and usually lack a functioning bezel but they have their charms and they certainly grow on you, particularly as one gets to the point in life where dressing for dinner entails more than jeans and a polo shirt.
So these are my non-Sports Rolex that have found their way into my "permanent" collection...
...with a special exemption for my 1016, the original "Tool" watch but one that is still versatile enough for black tie...
So those are my dressy Rolex--now show me yours!
All the best,
|This message has been edited by tomvox1 from IP address 188.8.131.52 on Nov 7, 2011 4:46 PM|
- not a rolex, but makes for a nice change i agree! - vn on Nov 7, 2011, 4:01 PM
- Old , what are you implying????????????????? - Julian on Nov 7, 2011, 4:18 PM
- Bravo Amigo !!! Fantastica coleccion - ag on Nov 7, 2011, 4:43 PM
- Nice change of pace... - Bill on Nov 7, 2011, 5:01 PM
- Tom, beautiful dress watches! - David D on Nov 7, 2011, 5:34 PM
- Tom, nice watches.... - Steve.C on Nov 7, 2011, 5:48 PM
- no particular pecking order...like and wear them all though - John Ireland on Nov 7, 2011, 5:54 PM
- Here's one of mine... - Michael Morgan on Nov 7, 2011, 5:58 PM
- Very nice Tom! - ROG on Nov 7, 2011, 6:07 PM
- I guess for me it's that road less travelled thing maybe. - RolexWatchTime on Nov 7, 2011, 6:54 PM
- my daily wear - joe on Nov 7, 2011, 6:59 PM
- Here's one that floats my boat- 6298 III53 - pitpro on Nov 7, 2011, 6:59 PM
- Most of mine are non-sports models! - Adam on Nov 7, 2011, 7:15 PM
- Here's some more non sports... - RolexWatchTime on Nov 7, 2011, 7:26 PM
- Tom, a dressy watch from another brand,... - arolex on Nov 7, 2011, 9:33 PM
- I started out loving the old Oysters..... - Ross Povey on Nov 7, 2011, 10:49 PM
- some of my non-sport models - Davy ma on Nov 7, 2011, 11:17 PM
- Here's my 1803 . . . - denningroad on Nov 8, 2011, 1:26 AM
- Thanks so much for showing these beauties, everyone--they are all fantastic! Best, T. nt - tomvox1 on Nov 8, 2011, 4:09 PM
- I have some BEAUTIES... - Tony on Nov 9, 2011, 2:03 AM
- Nice to see - here's some more ..... - Paul on Nov 9, 2011, 12:08 PM